Wattie likes the sun

jambojim52

i`d rather have a winter with no football than the summer

tbh i think thats the most sensible statement wattie has ever given

Football should be played all year round, with a 2 week break at the end of December/beginning of January.

Nucky Thompson

I would prefer if the season went from March till mid December. I'm all for Summer football.

Winter would be ****e with no football.

Do you really enjoy sitting out in the freezing cold watching football? Not me.

The sooner we get summer football the better.

Dean Winchester

Sitting outside a pub abroad watching football in the sun is magical. Just doesn't happen that often :(

Yeah, lets start next summer...................oh wait, the world cup is on, lets then put it back 2years (that way we can be organised instead of doing it in a rush.........oh wait again, the European Championships will be on.

Leave it alone, it works for most other countries in europe (apart from those who have really harsh winters). European competition and major campionships(world cup and Euros) are set up for the leagues the way it is just now.

Maybe if we concentrated in this country on producing more skill minded players who can pass a ball, control a ball, read a game, run with a ball, be comfortable with a ball rather that players who are predominately athletes with some skill who are encouraged time and time again and from an early age to track back, track back, track back, track back, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, track back, track back, track back.

Celtics/Aberdeen/Motherwells opponents were all better football players and more comfortable with the ball than them.

Francis Albert

Looking out my window and at the pictures from Edgbaston, I have to ask "what summer"?

Give me a nice clear crisp February day anytime.

Summer football would be pish..... Cant we keep some history and mentain some kind of normality to the famous Scottish game?

Gigolo-Aunt
Summer football would be pish..... Cant we keep some history and mentain some kind of normality to the famous Scottish game?

I like winter football as well.

Shove summer football up yer erse.

For those who don't want change. Can you guesstimate how many people sit at home, or in the pub on a cold wet rainy day and say ****it I won't bother going?

There are many advantages of playing when the weather is more temperate( I won't call it summer) Skills improve and along with it the entertainment value( I won't call it flair) the walk up support increases and the injury list is reduced.

wattie the dinosaur has lost his marbles coming out with crap like this ,suggesting summer football would help scots teams in europe.

who were the last team from a country with summer football to do well in europe . these countries like russia iceland and norway dont have a choice but to play football in the summer. blame the media for writing stories about this non-starter of an idea.

Francis Albert
For those who don't want change. Can you guesstimate how many people sit at home, or in the pub on a cold wet rainy day and say ****it I won't bother going?

There are many advantages of playing when the weather is more temperate( I won't call it summer) Skills improve and along with it the entertainment value( I won't call it flair) the walk up support increases and the injury list is reduced.

But it isn't "summer football". It's just playing in June and July istead of January and February. At any point of time in in June and July about 20% of the fan base is on holiday. There is no evidence that anything like that number stay away in January and February because of the weather, or that "walk up numbers" in temperate weather are anything like that scale. Oh and hard dry pitches in summer (when we get them) aren't great injury -wise - as shown by the number of pre-season injuries we seem to get.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The same folk will just find another excuse not to go.

Also, you don't get more skillful when it's sunny. That's just pish.

Archived