New Striker Theory....

tazhearts

Could it be that we will not splash out a new striker (one that is proven / of good pedigree and may cost a transfer fee) until after our Europa Cup qualifying matches. In other words the quality of striker / amount we can spend and offer in wages may be dependent on us reaching the Europa Group stages?

When does the transfer window close?

Does anyone know how much our qualification to the Europa Group stages is worth (roughly)?

Geoff Kilpatrick

We'll sign someone on 31 August, irrespective of whether we qualify for the Europa League.

Great. :rolleyes3:

Don't know if we will sign anyone else but i hope the striker from Portugal gets a wee run out in the next 2 games.

Could it be that we will not splash out a new striker (one that is proven / of good pedigree and may cost a transfer fee) until after our Europa Cup qualifying matches. In other words the quality of striker / amount we can spend and offer in wages may be dependent on us reaching the Europa Group stages?

When does the transfer window close?

Does anyone know how much our qualification to the Europa Group stages is worth (roughly)?

I remember hearing similar things when we were about to play our champions league qualifies. I think it would be a huge gamble to go into the play off without a new striker. Saying all that we have signed a few players so it will not be any great shocked to me if we did not sign anyone else.

Archived