The Bay City Rollers

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Jam Tarts 1874
i'm sure paton turned them hobo.

John Hughes was spotted around Gogarburn a few years ago - apparently.

Doctor FinnBarr
Anyone know which football team (if anyone) the original members of BCR supported?

Les McKewan(sp) was often seen at Tynie during their haydays.

:sorcerer:

Jam Tarts 1874

Funny how things pass you by. I never for one minute realised that the BCR has a number one in America with "Saturday Night" (famously used in I married an Axe Murderer), only just found out about it while browsing around looking for tit-bits just now.

marshallschunkychicken

Stuart Wood is a good lad. Wants both Edinburgh teams to do well, but if pressed, would favour Hibs.

Not really a football fan at all, as he regularly asks where both teams are in the league.

Jam Tarts 1874
Stuart Wood is a good lad. Wants both Edinburgh teams to do well, but if pressed, would favour Hibs.

Not really a football fan at all, as he regularly asks where both teams are in the league.

Sounds about right. Woody Wood is related to one of my best friends, indifference appears to be the family trait.

davemclaren

Saw them live in Bonnyrigg ex-serviceman's club in 1971. Not their full 'most famous' line-up mind you. :geek:

Jam Tarts 1874
Saw them live in Bonnyrigg ex-serviceman's club in 1971. Not their full 'most famous' line-up mind you. :geek:

"Keep on dancin'" stands the test of time.

davemclaren
"Keep on dancin'" stands the test of time.

I agree. Very under-rated. Shaky, Shaky baby....

Denny Crane

Don't know about who he supported but both my Mum and Auntie say Mr McKeown would make a habit of waiting around the gates of their school (St Augustine's) looking for Catholics to beat up. With him, Paton and Longmuir, question has to be asked who was the nice guy associated with that band?

Don't know about who he supported but both my Mum and Auntie say Mr McKeown would make a habit of waiting around the gates of their school (St Augustine's) looking for Catholics to beat up. With him, Paton and Longmuir, question has to be asked who was the nice guy associated with that band?

Mon the rollers :smash:

lol

John Findlay

I was five years at school with his wee brother Ronnie and Ronnie was a Hearts supporter at school.

John

scott herbertson

I was at school with the McGlyn family - had a fight with the oldest brother when I was 7 years old. I hit him then the bell went. The younger brother Pat joined the rollers when womebody left ? longmuir?

Pretty sure they were hibbies

Denny Crane
Mon the rollers :smash:

lol

Explain?

Jam Tarts 1874

Fine, I myself as a one time Forrester kid did some damage to the Auggies, but I would be suprised if Paton and McKeown ever were there at the same time given the massive age difference of the parties involved. I think I knew your mum.

marshallschunkychicken
I was five years at school with his wee brother Ronnie and Ronnie was a Hearts supporter at school.

John

Yup,

Not a one team family, that's why he doesn't really follow one team.

Top bloke though.

Johanes de Silentio
I was at school with the McGlyn family - had a fight with the oldest brother when I was 7 years old. I hit him then the bell went. The younger brother Pat joined the rollers when womebody left ? longmuir?

Pretty sure they were hibbies

Tough break!

I'm sure that boy Longmuir was a Celtic man......
:hammer:

Rollers takes me back to my youth, queing up all night at the Odean for tickets.Waering tartan all the time....

:hammer:

Rollers takes me back to my youth, queing up all night at the Odean for tickets.Waering tartan all the time....

I was to cool to wear tartan. I was more a Status Quo fan myself. :guitarist:

bay_city_rollers.jpg

Denny Crane
Fine, I myself as a one time Forrester kid did some damage to the Auggies, but I would be suprised if Paton and McKeown ever were there at the same time given the massive age difference of the parties involved. I think I knew your mum.

I said McKeown - not Paton - was said in said misdemeanour. I cited Paton given his less than honourable character (along with Longmuir) to highlight that the band had its share of nasty personalities.

Regarding my Mum, PM me with what you know and we'll see if you do. :)

Miller Jambo 60

ha Ha

davemclaren
ha Ha

Glad I cheered you up a bit Doug. :)

Sadly, it's true. It was some sort of Xmas dance for young folks whose parents were members iirc.

Miller Jambo 60
Glad I cheered you up a bit Doug. :)

Sadly, it's true. It was some sort of Xmas dance for young folks whose parents were members iirc.

Had the tartan shirt

davemclaren
Had the tartan shirt

I used to play in a band, yonks ago, that did a cover version of shang-a-lang....and I sang it. :qqb016:

Woody's mum was a dinner lady at Boroughmuir in the late seventies ,she said he was a Hobo.

winston churchill

so 30+ posts and nobodys got a clue.

for the record.

derek liked the BSC Young Boys

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
John Hughes was spotted around Gogarburn a few years ago - apparently.

more than likely as an inmate of the mental home, he's a ****

ArcticJambo

Youse in yer golden years ....anybody remember when you first saw the simple 'bay city rollers' graffiti at the top of the Waverly steps (sadly removed a few yrs back) ? I returned in '78 and remember it then.

Thought that that particular stone restoration project was a travesty.

"THE MONEY'S GONE, LES!"

F****** top post BB ha ha!

Me and a mate still joke about that programme to this very day!

Paton and Les. Face to face for the first time in years, and there's auld Tam with the winey wee voice "listen les, gie it up son eh? Thirs nae money oot there, honestly son gie it up. The moneys away son...away......"

Quality! Lyin auld b*****d.......

As a side note, I've oftened thought that the Rollers story would make a great movie. It's amazin to think just how big that group were. In todays terms, the merchandising was worth something like 700 million alone FFS!!!

There's a definate film in there.......get the rights sorted oot now Les, ye might yet ger yer dough back son!!!!

larbertjambo

work with alan longmuir, (top bloke) says him and derek and nobby clark were all hearts fans, the other 2 were hibbies.

Miller Jambo 60
"THE MONEY'S GONE, LES!"

Nasty but thats what jambos do:smash:

We are the big team

Denny Crane
"THE MONEY'S GONE, LES!"

On a three-legged nag called Sad Ken!

Archived