EH1 music festival

swavkav

I got my ticket's (big bro, I & my wee nephew) VIP all the way baby :th_love:

Cant wait!!! Lenny Dee is on the pace, listen to the sound of the stuffed base:sorcerer:

any 1 else going ?

I guess Lenny Dee might by good for a laugh. What is he playing these days any way? Some of those early 90's hard techno Industrial Strength productions were pretty good and I love his remix of power pill pac man by Aphex Twin.

Apart from that and the demi-gods that are Orbital, it looks a bit pish IMO. I absolutely love Orbital but i'm going to see them live in Manchester in September. I love the 1st two LPs by Nightmares on Wax as well but he's been pretty pish for years as well. His DJ E.A.S.E mix tapes from the 1990's are some of the best mixes i've ever heard.

The rest of the bill looks a bit on the neddy side with prog house and trance accounting for the majority of it.

Have a good one any way.

i'm heading along for the renaissance arena and way out west (nick warren) & orbital in the main arena, gotta love the prog.

i cant imagine there being many neds in the renaissance arena, saying that cant see many people at all in the renaissance arena, nevermind though, still gonna enjoy it.

i'm heading along for the renaissance arena and way out west (nick warren) & orbital in the main arena, gotta love the prog.

i cant imagine there being many neds in the renaissance arena, saying that cant see many people at all in the renaissance arena, nevermind though, still gonna enjoy it.

The prog / trance scene in Glasgow is absolutely dominated by neds. Colours and Inside Out at the Arches are beyond brutal. No idea what it's like in Edinburgh but if that's the choice of tunes that this festival is going with, you should expect some of the scrotiest oiks that the west of Scotland has to offer, heading through in abundance.

im not sure the last time you went to a prog night, but there are no neds in site, even in glasgow.

i haven't heard of inside out booking a prog dj in about 10 years, and whenever colours do so these days they always get chucked in the playroom so its a decent crowd. the main arch and wee arch may be full of bams, but the playroom certainly is not. the only time you attract neds to a prog night is when sasha or digweed play the arches, but the last time they played edinburgh both events were ned free.

danny howells played cabaret voltaire and the sub club last month (who i'll admit is far from being prog these days, but is playing in the renaissance arena) and both nights were tremendous.

trance on the other hand is a different story....

im not sure the last time you went to a prog night, but there are no neds in site, even in glasgow.

i haven't heard of inside out booking a prog dj in about 10 years, and whenever colours do so these days they always get chucked in the playroom so its a decent crowd. the main arch and wee arch may be full of bams, but the playroom certainly is not. the only time you attract neds to a prog night is when sasha or digweed play the arches, but the last time they played edinburgh both events were ned free.

danny howells played cabaret voltaire and the sub club last month (who i'll admit is far from being prog these days, but is playing in the renaissance arena) and both nights were tremendous.

trance on the other hand is a different story....

I hate trance.

Some of the worst **** i've ever heard.

At least some prog stuff has a bit of prouction value about it to keep it interesting. Trance is just lowest common denominator ned fuel.

to be fair, prog has been **** for years as well, there are only a handfull of those folk i can still listen to these days (nick warren & hernan cattaneo being two of them), everyone else playing the renaissance arena dont play prog these days, although did come from that scene.

Archived