Stand Update

PTBCAL

Hearts have met with the Council and have advised them that they are not proceeding with the stand redevelopment at this current time. They are unable to raise the finance in order to re-develop. Basically we are staying as we are for the immediate future.

They are in the process of changing the application to focus on the stand only (dropping plans for hotel etc.. as per AGM) but I am unsure as to whether this is being submitted now or in the future.

This is ALL I know - just thought I would post to keep everyone updated but I suppose this will come as no real suprise.

Hearts have met with the Council and have advised them that they are not proceeding with the stand redevelopment at this current time. They are unable to raise the finance in order to re-develop. Basically we are staying as we are for the immediate future.

They are in the process of changing the application to focus on the stand only (dropping plans for hotel etc.. as per AGM) but I am unsure as to whether this is being submitted now or in the future.

This is ALL I know - just thought I would post to keep everyone updated but I suppose this will come as no real suprise.

Thanks for the update.

The finance was always the crucial factor. And it can't be a surprise that it couldn't be found.

zillion pager.

we wur promised a stand and vlad was immune to the global economic meltdown.

vlad out!!!

gorgieshuffle

Cheers for the update.

Not at all surprised as you say. Can't say im too upset that the focus has changed to the stand only.

The upgrades will suffice for the time being.

Guest GhostHunter

Rather they said that, than forged ahead and we ended up in a ridiculous state of affairs.

FAO SIRGAY - that's us into adminystashun. Damn You

Say What Again
Fair enough.

Sensible move from Hearts.

Cheers for the info.

My thoughts exactly

Say What Again
FAO SIRGAY - that's us into adminystashun. Damn You

Absolute certainty those posts along with the tick tocks will appear on Hibs.net imminently.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Cheers for the info.

I'm quite happy, I love the Main Stand like a brother.

Hibs.net will soon be in meltdown.

zips totalling the length of princess street have just been unzipped.

thats the end for me. no world cup stars, no champions league trophy yet and now no stand. i won't be back :42:

Dougie Masterton

They'll finish building the castle before we get a new stand.

Hibs.net will soon be in meltdown.

Correct.

I would not rule out a 'tarted up' old stand to see us through the next number of years - makes complete sense.

I understand there are no plans to knock down stand or move to another venue so it is business as normal.

Cheers for the update.

It's a sensible move really. We've spent a bit of money on improving different parts of the stadium to keep it going for a while and in today's financial climate, there's just no point in spending all that money on a stand with everything they planned.

Hardly a surprise and the sensible (if forced) decision

Wish they had just admitted it a lot sooner and wasted a lot less money on getting it to where they did....wherever that was

Lots of people who debated this were sure this would not be the result though so I presume they are raging....

...or hold on, maybe everyone will just agree with the decision now that it has been made

marshallschunkychicken

No surprises there.

It's not as if I was giving up my prime Wheatfield seat any time soon anyway... :D

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

...or hold on, maybe everyone will just agree with the decision now that it has been made

You would have to be a ****ing arsehole with a massive chip on your shoulder not to agree with it, to be honest. :)

Only a Game

No surprise really and I'm not that bothered as we couldnt afford what was planned anyway and it wasnt commercially viable even if we could.

I feel we will have to do something with the old stand in the next few years to ensure it retains a safety certificate, because sooner or later someone will have a serious look at it.

Guest JamboRobbo

Lots of people who debated this were sure this would not be the result though so I presume they are raging....

Indeed.

Can't wait to hear the Pyramid of Pish's thought on this.

Edit: Too late. Mad Vald out.

Wish they had just admitted it a lot sooner and wasted a lot less money on getting it to where they did....wherever that was

Ha ha

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20634

I'm looking forward to watching the games from the Main Stand for some years to come. :lol:

yes very good. shouldn't the decision be agreed with purely on the basis that it might have been arrived at after great consideration, and might be the right thing to do?

Pants Shaton

0,,10289~3533469,00.jpg

This never seemed feasible from day 1 - global financial meltdown or not.

May I suggest that Hearts correct the 'Tynecastle 2010' section of the website.

Mad Vald Out etc.

PresidentRomanov

I'd be more interested to know how a taxi driver comes across such information?

:bravo:

I'd be more interested to know how a taxi driver comes across such information?

Black Taxi owner and part time driver. :smash:

My day job is in Finance. :snobby:

If you see me in Southampton I'll tell you.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Bit upset TBH. Thought a 27,000 tynecastle would cement us as 3rd force!

To be fair it would be a 3rd empty most of the time!

PresidentRomanov
Black Taxi owner and part time driver. :smash:

My day job is in Finance. :snobby:

If you see me in Southampton I'll tell you.

That explains it then.

I'm not going to Southampton so you'll have to tell me another time :sorcerer:

Not remotely bothered TBH.

My only slight concern is whether there is any danger of not getting a safety certificate ? I thought the old stand was on notice ?

The People's Chimp

Far better than us redevelop and end up in debt.

Would have liked a new stand but said for a long time now that I'd rather we held off for the moment and didn't increase the debt. Also I sit in the main stand and Love it. :)

Commander Harris

Given the current economic climate I don't think you'll find many disagreeing with this decision. I still think that long term an expansion to Tynecastle is needed if we really do want to move forward. It doesn't look like the time is right for that at the moment though.

Not remotely bothered TBH.

My only slight concern is whether there is any danger of not getting a safety certificate ? I thought the old stand was on notice ?

I think they will be seeing to that during the current upgrades.

jamboinglasgow
Didn't take long.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=155890

Bet the regulars are out with their national health specs and cleenex whacking themselves off over this sensible move.

got to laugh that they forget the same thing happened to themselves, they superduper new East stand, no problems getting planning permission, make Easter Road amazing, but steel prices have risen in China.

I cant say that I am not dissapointed, I wanted a new stand. But Hearts will have taken this step with thought. Vlad will still want his new stand built but I can imagine it being a few years before that is achieved by which time we should have a much smaller debt and better running costs. Plus hopefully a succesful team that is drawing in sell out crowds.

Bit gutted. But as i've always said we will NEVER get that new stand. However I think a move away from tynecatle in about 5 years time and a new Stadium would be a more sensible option. Providing Vlad keeps his sensible hat on, we keep improving and get the attendances back up.

I think the all of Scottish clubs suffer in attendances due to the fact that the best you can hope for is a 3rd place finish. I mean look at our attendances and the season ticket waiting list when we were challenging them. It's one of the dullest league's in the world and somithing needs to be done to change that.

Billy the Jambo

I cant say i am surprised .I didnt think it was going to built in the first place

A shame, but we should only really ever of been looking at re-developing the stand, the rest was pie in the sky.

A new stand which increases the capacity to 20000 would be ideal.

I hope they take all the designs out of the ticket office for the start of the season, bit embarrassing when it is not happening.

Not surprised at this tbh. Especially since we were tarting up the seating and building new dug outs.

I still maintain that Romanov needs to build the stand/hotel to make his money back, IMO that will still be his aim. If he gives up on that he will give up on getting his candy back.

Not surprised at this tbh. Especially since we were tarting up the seating and building new dug outs.

I still maintain that Romanov needs to build the stand/hotel to make his money back, IMO that will still be his aim. If he gives up on that he will give up on getting his candy back.

I think it is going to be a long long time before there will be any of those sorts of developments.

UBIG also have the empty St Andrew Square building to finance too.

I'd rather we spent the 50 million on a goalscorer if im honest. A sensible buy could make a real difference to the on field performances next year.

I think it is going to be a long long time before there will be any of those sorts of developments.

UBIG also have the empty St Andrew Square building to finance too.

Well those that don't like VR better get ready for the long haul! ;)

Archived