Wedding Presents

elvisisgod

I'm going to a wedding on friday of two work collegues and I am rather stuck for what to get the couple as a present.

The couple have decided against the usual route of a gift list from John Lewis etc... which is a bit of a pain because now every guest has to try and use their imagination to think of a present!

The majority of other people from work who are going are just getting them gift vouchers from John Lewis, BHS etc.. so they can choose something for themselves but I only really want to use that option as a last resort.

So fellow JKB'ers, any ideas? (ridiculous or otherwise)

My mate's wedding present to his best friend was taking him and his wife to KFC then to see Transformers 2.

If you're going for vouchers, get ones which you know others have bought too. It's not great having ?50 vouchers for about 10 different stores.

What about one of those digi photo frames? Only reason i thought of that is because i bought one today :)

give them ?50 in credit each for two different divorce lawyers, they'll be delighted if they never need it but will really appreciated it if they do

Doctor FinnBarr

As most people live together before tying the knot I normally give something practical, a gallon of good quality oil is always useful, or is that just a biker thing?

:2thumbsup:

northfieldhearts

Vouchers for John Lewis are normally preferrable. We got over ?500 for our wedding in vouchers and it came in very handy when our washing machine packed in!

Miller Jambo 60
I'm going to a wedding on friday of two work collegues and I am rather stuck for what to get the couple as a present.

The couple have decided against the usual route of a gift list from John Lewis etc... which is a bit of a pain because now every guest has to try and use their imagination to think of a present!

The majority of other people from work who are going are just getting them gift vouchers from John Lewis, BHS etc.. so they can choose something for themselves but I only really want to use that option as a last resort.

So fellow JKB'ers, any ideas? (ridiculous or otherwise)

Dildo

The Number 10

I'm not a fan of wedding lists and prefer to do something a bit more original but still letting the happy couple chose something they would like.

The past couple of weddings I've been to I have bought vouchers from the Edinburgh Arts shop on Nicholson Street, the have some fab prints, mostly from Scottish Artists which I think is great too, they also sell frames too if they already have photos/pictures they need framed.

I've still got ?30 of vouchers for John Lewis which I haven't spent from my wedding over a year and a half ago.

Everything they sell is overpriced and if I need something, I buy it cheaper elsewhere instead.

The People's Chimp

Sign up for nakedwines.com using the ?40 off voucher on thelist.co.uk (offers or competitions bit) and then get an introductory case of 12 mixed wines - all pretty nice - for just under ?40 including delivery.

You can then cancel any monthly order/direct debit you need to join for to get the deal.

Archived