What happens if a Siamese twin commits murder?

Goz

What would happen if one half of the twin commits murder, and the other tries to stop him/her and is totally innocent.

How are they tried? Punished?

Bordeaux 03

There was a bit about this on QI once.

Chang and Eng Bunker were Siamese twins. Chang was once convicted of general assault on a member of the audience during one of the twins' variety acts. However, the judge in the case could not hold Eng in prison as well, so he set them both free. The Bunkers created the term "Siamese twins" for people who are conjoined, because they were originally from Siam. They lived till the age of 63 and married a pair of sisters and had 21 children between them. On the journey from Siam, one of the twins wanted a cold bath and the other didn't, so the captain had to separate them. Chang was a drunk and died first, so Eng woke up waiting for a doctor to separate them. Eng then died an hour later as he wrapped himself round his twin. It is believed he died from a broken heart, because he had no reason to die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QI_(B_series)

You learn a lot watching QI I tell you.

Chang and Eng Bunker were Siamese twins. Chang was once convicted of general assault on a member of the audience during one of the twins' variety acts. However, the judge in the case could not hold Eng in prison as well, so he set them both free. The Bunkers created the term "Siamese twins" for people who are conjoined, because they were originally from Siam. They lived till the age of 63 and married a pair of sisters and had 21 children between them. On the journey from Siam, one of the twins wanted a cold bath and the other didn't, so the captain had to separate them. Chang was a drunk and died first, so Eng woke up waiting for a doctor to separate them. Eng then died an hour later as he wrapped himself round his twin. It is believed he died from a broken heart, because he had no reason to die.

Interesting stuff. Good post.

We got round to speaking about this in work earlier and I was effed if I knew what would happen.

How about employment laws. If 1 gets a job, is the other one on the dole or would the employer have to hire them as 2 individuals, hence 2 wages?

Carl Spackler

I seriously think QI either makes stuff up or presents anecdotal evidence as fact. I quite like it though!

To the OP's question. If you were a conjoined twin you would have thought that it would be pretty difficult to commit murder without the others consent.

There are other questions though. Are conjoined twins banned from running three legged races? Their coordination must be s^%t hot. Look at these lads. Custom built for the sport.

Chang-eng-bunker-PD.gif

Archived