Pacquiao vs Cotto

Larry

Its been confirmed today, they're to fight in November @ 145lbs

Should be a cracker. Cotto was 146lbs at the weigh in for the Clottey fight, So he won't have any difficulties making 145.

Some good times for boxing with this fight, Mayweathers back, Haye vs Vitali, The top supermiddleweights having a tourney which will mean in the next 3 years the likes of Froch,Kessler,Abrahams and Taylor will all be facing each other.

Can Pacquiao KO a fully fit and healthy world class welterweight? Any kind of Win would be an achievment. Can't wait to see.

Its been confirmed today, they're to fight in November @ 145lbs

Should be a cracker. Cotto was 146lbs at the weigh in for the Clottey fight, So he won't have any difficulties making 145.

Some good times for boxing with this fight, Mayweathers back, Haye vs Vitali, The top supermiddleweights having a tourney which will mean in the next 3 years the likes of Froch,Kessler,Abrahams and Taylor will all be facing each other.

Can Pacquiao KO a fully fit and healthy world class welterweight? Any kind of Win would be an achievment. Can't wait to see.

Agreed, I'm looking forward to this one. Cotto might have lost a little something since his beat-down at the hands of Margarito but he's still a grat fighter, even if he does have suspect heart.

I'm guessing initially the weight is better for cotto, ex light-welter champ, but then Freddie Roach wouldn't have agreed to the fight if he didn't agree to the weight first.

No really caring about Mayweather, self-centred and ego-centric pain in the ass, irregardless of how good aboxer he is.

Something either very suspect about why he won't say how he hurt his rib or just after more attention

Agreed, I'm looking forward to this one. Cotto might have lost a little something since his beat-down at the hands of Margarito but he's still a grat fighter, even if he does have suspect heart.

I'm guessing initially the weight is better for cotto, ex light-welter champ, but then Freddie Roach wouldn't have agreed to the fight if he didn't agree to the weight first.

No really caring about Mayweather, self-centred and ego-centric pain in the ass, irregardless of how good aboxer he is.

Something either very suspect about why he won't say how he hurt his rib or just after more attention

The good thing about Mayweather coming back, Is if both PAcquiao and he beat Cotto and Marquez then surely these two have to fight @147 in the new year to put to bed who is the pound for pound best fighter. Pacquiao's expected to retire after two more fights so this would be his last fight, and it would be the biggest fight possible in boxing. If Pacquiao wants to cement his place as a possible top 10 all time then he needs to take this fight, and for mayweather who is all about money, then taking this fight he'd get 5times+ any other fight he could take would make.

Fingers crossed it happens, I actually quite like Mayweather, maybe not as a person, but he's a great fighter(though he isn't an exciting boxer). But I would love to see Pacquaio knock him out.

I'd rather Mayweather fight Mosely, a proper welter match up which should've happened a long time ago.

Pacquiao, in order to truely cement his pound 4 pound legacy, needs to fight Marquez again. They had 2 awesome but inconclusive fights, Marquez is the only fighter to really challenge Pac-man

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Pacman Mayweather will NEVER happen. Bob Arum has said as much as neither will take less or equal to the other, they both think they're the bigger draw. When Steve Bunce asked Arum if they could get this fight he just laughed and said no chance.

I'd rather Mayweather fight Mosely, a proper welter match up which should've happened a long time ago.

Pacquiao, in order to truely cement his pound 4 pound legacy, needs to fight Marquez again. They had 2 awesome but inconclusive fights, Marquez is the only fighter to really challenge Pac-man

I agree with that, Mayweather has avoided the welters that would give him trouble and have a great chance of beating him. Guys like Mosley, Paul Williams, Margarito and Cotto. He needs to take a fight or two with these guys if question marks about how good he actually is are to be answered.

Marquez won one of those two fights vs Pacman in my opinion. He deserves a third fight, But I'd take Pacman by early KO vs Marquez now @ 140. You never know though this could happen as Pac's last fight, and Marquez will always have a chance vs Pac if he gets through the early rounds as he's so good at adapting and working out how to counter the other guys style.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hopefully the winner of this fight can go on to face either Marquez or Mayweather. I doubt it will happen, but it would be great.

I'd also love to see Mayweather fight Mosley, that would be an amazing fight. But as stated above Mayweather seems to have somehow maanged to avoid fighting the top welterweights, or at least those that are still in their prime.

It's great that 99% of the top boxers are now prepared to fight each other. It's the only way that boxing will compete with UFC (where all the top fighters are willing to face each other every fight).

Archived