I've got 99 problems and my laptops one

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I left my laptop on while I was having my dinner and came back to find it with a blank screen of the screensaver. Tried to press buttons and move things and nothing happened so I held the power button down and switched it off. When I switched it on again it started at first as normal, showed the makers start up screen with the option of pressing F2 to get into the set-up utility screen.

Then past that it went into a screen saying launch startup repair or start windows normally. Problem is this screen keeps flashing and you cant press any button except tab to get into a screen that says either launch windows or run windows memory diagnostic (which I did and it said nothing was wrong.) If press launch window it goes back to the previous screen and problem

jamboinglasgow
You've done not bad to write this thread, my man.

Well done.

:unsure:

I should explain that I am at my parents at the moment and using my dads computer.

shaun.lawson
I left my laptop on while I was having my dinner and came back to find it with a blank screen of the screensaver. Tried to press buttons and move things and nothing happened so I held the power button down and switched it off. When I switched it on again it started at first as normal, showed the makers start up screen with the option of pressing F2 to get into the set-up utility screen.

Then past that it went into a screen saying launch startup repair or start windows normally. Problem is this screen keeps flashing and you cant press any button except tab to get into a screen that says either launch windows or run windows memory diagnostic (which I did and it said nothing was wrong.) If press launch window it goes back to the previous screen and problem

That sounds not dissimilar to what happened to mine several months back. First, do the obvious, press CTRL ALT DELETE and see what happens. If you get nowhere, and if no-one on here has any better ideas, give your computer manufacturers a call tomorrow. SONY were very helpful for me - albeit, at 35p/minute, who wouldn't be?!

Gareth_Hearts

I know your having problems but i would like to applaud you on making me laugh by your thread title:2thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow
That sounds not dissimilar to what happened to mine several months back. First, do the obvious, press CTRL ALT DELETE and see what happens. If you get nowhere, and if no-one on here has any better ideas, give your computer manufacturers a call tomorrow. SONY were very helpful for me - albeit, at 35p/minute, who wouldn't be?!

Mines a toshiba, luckly it is still on warrenty from PC world, though this would be the third repair it has needed in the last two months. Just dont like the hassle of sending it back and waiting a week without it.

Dean Winchester

Can you boot it into safe mode? (keep tapping F8 when its starting up and you should get a list of options)

jamboinglasgow
Can you boot it into safe mode? (keep tapping F8 when its starting up and you should get a list of options)

yup just booted in safemode and got onto the main screen

this_is_my_story

Maybe try a system restore JiG? Could help.

Cracking thread title, by the way! :10900:

jamboinglasgow
Maybe try a system restore JiG? Could help.

Cracking thread title, by the way! :10900:

just did that and its fixed, I think a microsoft update is faulty.

Thanks, thought I needed to do something to stand out from the crowd.

Sometimes once you have been into safe mode it will then boot back up into normal mode without a problem, so try that first.

Other options are to re-install the video card drivers in safe mode. You'd have to download the video card drivers for your laptop from the Toshiba website.

You could also go to a command prompt (under Accessories) and enter the:

fixboot C:

and...

fixmbr C:

These commands will rebuild the entries that windows uses at boot-up. Not sure that's your problem though if it comes up in safe mode.

Archived