We're linked with Danijel Ljuboja

Monsieur Maroon

Monsieur Maroon

Couldn't see another thread on this but apologies if I've missed it.

Appears we are looking at signing Danijel Ljuboja. Don't think I've heard of him but from his wiki page he is a 30year old, 6ft 2" striker with a reasonable goal scoring record and has played for the likes of Strasbourg, PSG, Stuttgart and Hamburger SV. Hasn't played too many games in the last three seasons, but he appears to be of good pedigree and is available on a free.

Of course it could all be agent talk. Article and wiki page below :2thumbsup:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psgteam.net%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D5784%26Itemid%3D51&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danijel_Ljuboja

Snake Plissken

I've heard of him and I'd be quite impressed if we pulled off this signing.

I highly doubt we could sign him.

I seem to recall he was regularly linked with Celtic a few years ago.

I'd imagine his wages would be out with our current budget.

Chad Sexington

Would be a good signing. He has an impressive pedigree.

Cant see it somehow though.

Dont know anything really about the player but hope is really good if we sign him.

From the Wiki site I notice he hasn't featured much in the last 3 years-(similar to a few of our other signings), he has also been dropped to the various teams reserve squads numerous times due to one thing or another.

He also doesn't participate in team briefings-WTF, i hope Csaba knows how to handle him IF he comes-sounds like he could be a bit of a loose cannon.

He was in the Serbia squad for the World Cup in Germany. ONe of the infamous World Cup stars perhaps... ;)

Everybody loves Baz

Feck im, he's shecht.**

We could sign better than that.

** This may not be true but i thought i'd go against the grain for once:th_o:

Greedy_Jambo

Never heard of him and he's old. We definately need another option upfront though i would be happy to take a chance rather than no sign anyone else.

Marmeladent?rtchen

His wiki page suggests he has an attitude problem!!

That said you never know with wiki!!

would be an impressive signing, but would very much doubt if we could afford his wages or that Vlad would allow those wages for a player approaching 31 with a limited sell on value.

I cannot shake the feeling that we're far to easy for agents to use to try to drum up interest in their clients - and that nobody the papers talk about will sign - we'll just wake up one morning this week with a striker signed. Hopefully one with as an impressive a pedigree as Ljuboja, and something to prove...

Nucky Thompson

Maybe Vlad is thinking he would be ideal for bringing on all the young strikers at the club with the experience he has. The benefits could outweigh a highish wage for a couple of seasons.

jamboinglasgow
I cannot shake the feeling that we're far to easy for agents to use to try to drum up interest in their clients - and that nobody the papers talk about will sign - we'll just wake up one morning this week with a striker signed. Hopefully one with as an impressive a pedigree as Ljuboja, and something to prove...

thats what I am thinking. If hearts were negotiating with the agent then I would reckon that Hearts would tell the agent to keep quiet on the media front. I think we will find an announcement on the website that a new player is here and it will come from left field.

Ibrahim Tall

Danijel Ljuboja's good so although i don't want to be a pessimist i find this pretty hard to believe..

I often think with these rumours (and not just Hearts) that

A. an agent circulates details

B. a club replies with a "we're looking at that position,maybe..we might look into it",or a "keep us informed"

C. this becomes a "keen to sign" in a phone call by the agent to a friendly journalist.

D. Next step is the player quoted as "I'm suited to the Scottish game" in the Daily Record.

(E. he is rubbished, or, "too good for us" on Kickback.)

Guest jambomickey
Maybe Vlad is thinking he would be ideal for bringing on all the young strikers at the club with the experience he has. The benefits could outweigh a highish wage for a couple of seasons.

more important what csabas thinking tbh! csaba has forgot more about football than vlad knows.

rudi must stay

we have coaches to help them. He may be good but at 30 his best years will be behind him, if he has an attitude problem as well that could destroy the team harmony that we seem to have got back.

we have coaches to help them. He may be good but at 30 his best years will be behind him, if he has an attitude problem as well that could destroy the team harmony that we seem to have got back.

Jimmy Bone-Robbo

Alex McDonald-Gary Mackay

It was a great format and it worked,tradesman and apprentice...no substitute for experience.

Nucky Thompson
more important what csabas thinking tbh! csaba has forgot more about football than vlad knows.
I meant Vlad allowing the wages.

rudi must stay
Jimmy Bone-Robbo

Alex McDonald-Gary Mackay

It was a great format and it worked,tradesman and apprentice...no substitute for experience.

they were all Scottish though, what if he doesn't speak a word of english? It'll just end up with confusion

seem to remember seeing a Nade goal against the Arsenal before he signed, he's not done much since.

Guest jambomickey
I meant Vlad allowing the wages.

sorry boo i get the point you were making now and you're 100% correct.

Danijel Ljuboja's good so although i don't want to be a pessimist i find this pretty hard to believe..

Would be a very good signing, he's a proven goalscorer and he's got experience.

The problem is that there's so many reasons why I can't see this happening. But it would send out a message to the rest.

Buffalo Bill
Never heard of him and he's old. We definately need another option upfront though i would be happy to take a chance rather than no sign anyone else.

Is aged 30 considered to be old in East Calder?

The guy obviously has serious issues. It's also a long time since he even played top flight football. He was in the B Team at Wolfsburg and Stuttgart.

Doubtless he was a good player at some point but something has stopped it for him, whether attitude, injuries or whatever I don't know.

For some reason a large number of Balkan footballers seem to be trouble, I think he may be one of them.

Buffalo Bill

For some reason a large number of Balkan footballers seem to be trouble.

Racist post, IMO.

0000034653_20061021010222%5B1%5D.jpg

Johanes de Silentio
Is aged 30 considered to be old in East Calder?

For a lassie withoot grand-weans? oh, aye!

Sorry!

Don't knock it.

on paper it looks very similiar to the a certain Mr Jankauskas

Who for all his posturing and very occasional performance tended to behave like a sulky kid and rumor has it was one of the main reasons for the Lith / Scot devisions in the squad.A total wage thief for the whole of his second year.No ta very much I'd prefer Clum!

Wow, you mean one of my 'every year' Football Manager signings might actually happen?

I always go for him too, thats what makes it seem all the more unlikely

think we're just getting linked with every eastern european striker who has a slight chance of coming

Who for all his posturing and very occasional performance tended to behave like a sulky kid and rumor has it was one of the main reasons for the Lith / Scot devisions in the squad.A total wage thief for the whole of his second year.No ta very much I'd prefer Clum!

I said on paper.

I was meaning the pedigree more than anything. Both played for big clubs etc.

So you did Alan R excuse my arsey tone but Janny got on my nips with his i'm too good for HMFC attitude (which when you've played for Porto etc and won the European Cup is probably fair enough)

But you know what we've only got one club we love and if you're paid ffffing well then IMO he should have at least pretended that it seemed to matter to him:rifle:!

LARRY TAKE NOTE (as if he's not been told that before)

sergent garcia

he was a legend in france actually i remember his technics and dribbling where really impressive, dont know about recent years in germany, but he would be nothing like nade, alot of impressive goals but youtube wasnt so popular in these years:)

Silverymoon92

David Witteveen, Adam Nemec (possibly) and this geezer. This summer is simply ****ing brilliant.

Monsieur Maroon

Picked this up from another French article this morning, so apologies for the pesh translation. Not a mention of the famous JT's here, as already mention on this thread, looks like we're being used as leverage.:43:

Back in L1 for Danijel Ljuboja? Former PSG striker is in contact with advanced Grenoble. Le Dauphin? Lib?r? announced Tuesday that the two parties are close to agreement. "If nothing has yet been signed, the attacker was yesterday evening (Monday) at Grenoble, where he met Mecha Bazdarevic, the coach of GF38," one reads in the newspaper. Ljuboja moved to Stuttgart last season (3 Bundesliga matches). Grenoble also has an attacker s?n?galais 20 years after the test, Mouhamadou Seye.

decent player, great move for hearts if we can get him, i always remember him for his classy haircut lol

seem to remember seeing a Nade goal against the Arsenal before he signed, he's not done much since.

This one?

We should sign this guy... :10900:

bigsuperslim1874

This one?

Hello Dr Kendoll! No CAM4 access at the moment?

:10900:

This one?

Hello Dr Kendoll! No CAM4 access at the moment?

:10900:

Ha ha, I do mate, just like to mix things up a bit, can't be on that all the time.

Archived