Vlad's back

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/413004/Valdimir-Romanov-reckons-Celtic-could-get-Euro-bashing-Amadou-Alassane.html

HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov reckons Celtic's only chance of beating Dinamo Moscow in the Champions League is if the match officials give them a helping hand.

The outspoken Russian-born businessman even suggested Tony Mowbray's men could suffer a repeat of the embarrassment in Bratislava in Gordon Strachan's first game in charge.

Romanov insisted: "I expect Dinamo to win the tie. Celtic is a shallow club which is steadily degrading.

"If Dinamo plays their best football, it could be a repetition of the 5-0 loss in the clash with Artmedia several years ago."

He added: "At the moment, the Russian premiership is much stronger than the SPL. Their game is much more fair and open - without only two clubs dominating it.

"Celtic's only hope is for the referees to help them."

The People's Chimp

I have to say that despite everything, I can't help but love it when he comes out with this stuff.

Celtic is a shallow club which is steadily degrading.

Has to be said, ive spoke to a few Celtic fans elsewhere, and they are not confident in the slightest. Ok, the referee comment is a bit of a cheap jibe, but the Tic fan I know, are not liking the draw they have got. So Romanov is only saying what they think..biggrin:

Geoff Kilpatrick

What's the bets the Sweet FA try to fine HMFC for these comments, even though it's nothing to do with us?

Russian league stronger than SPL....Celtic not as strong as they used to be...no great depth to their squad...when you translate it like that it doesn't seem so "sensational".

Do The Dance

Just hope that next season we can get closer to them and the others from through that side of the country.

He can talk about other clubs all he likes, I don't care (not quite true, just thinking of the ****my Bhoys choking on their frosties reading his wise words is quite fun!). Just so long as he keeps his trap shut about us and our prospects.

omar coming

His opinions only become sensational when there is feck all else to report on. Although I do sometimes wish he just didn't say anything. God bless him regardless.

Theres nothing like a Vlad rant :10900:

I wonder how much he will be fined for daring to say what he has pml.

Highlander-RamirezPromo.jpg

From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.

Celtic is a shallow club which is steadily degrading

:laugh:

How can you not love a quote like that? :2thumbsup:

What a guy. Quality interview.

Got to love this quote "That's a hard run because every half mile I bump into a Hearts fan who wants to talk".

No wonder he takes forever for a run, because we all know what he's like when he starts talking!

Just looks like the NOTW is calling Hearts ownership and management bonkers again. Show them how mad by humping them every week I think.

shaun.lawson

It's after comments like these that I'm prepared to forget anything bad about him and declare him the legend he undoubtedly is. :2thumbsup:

Do you think he intends to be so funny, by the way?

:2thumbsup: good stuff vlad, like his rants aslong as they dont come with a big fine. He talks some sense in this one.

"Celtic's only hope is for the referees to help them." yup they will find it hard without theyre usual 12th man, i reckon they will get a good thumping.:10900:

Dean Winchester

I reckon they'll claw their way past Dynamo Moscow but its the next round they're going too get a good humping in :10900:

Celtic must play one of the following if they succeed in beating Dynamo Moscow:

Arsenal

Lyon

Stuttgart

Fiorentina

Atl?tico Madrid

i love the way vlad is with the media. hilarious. he is a very clever man, and a menace to boot! remember when he got everyone believing the hearts medical staff were treating injuries with gold wands? the media will believe and print anything he says. great quote: "cletic are a shallow club..."

as for the csaba interview, i keep loving him more and more. what a guy!

J.T.F.Robertson

Most of this sounds all too familiar to 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not "heartened" by it.

Most of this sounds all too familiar to 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not "heartened" by it.

Me neither, embarrassing to say the least. So smart to ridicule the old firm, that's sure to hold up come the end of the season.

J.T.F.Robertson
Me neither, embarrassing to say the least. So smart to ridicule the old firm, that's sure to hold up come the end of the season.

A 3 poster. Pardon my scepticism, but the reaction needs to be for legit reasons.

Billy the Jambo

If the mad one thinks the russian league is better than the SPL then why doesnt he sell Hearts then feck off to Russia and give us all peace from his mad rantings .Celtic are in decline are they vlad .Oh aye we are on the up right enough .Just fecking sell the club and GTF

Billy the Jambo
To whom?

Well if he said he was willing to listen to offers for the club someone or a group of businessmen may come in and buy him out .I dont think that will happen though so we are stuck with the mad fecker for now unfortunately

portobellojambo1
If the mad one thinks the russian league is better than the SPL then why doesnt he sell Hearts then feck off to Russia and give us all peace from his mad rantings .Celtic are in decline are they vlad .Oh aye we are on the up right enough .Just fecking sell the club and GTF

I didn't find anything within the part posted in the original post I could take exception to BtJ. I too, think Dinamo Moscow will beat Celtic, I also think the Russian League, in fact many, many leagues in Europe are of a higher quality than the SPL and I also think Celtic are only a fraction of the side they used to be, and do win many games based on refereeing decisions.

Nothing controversial in there, these are things that have been said in varying degrees by many people on this board, but when Mr Romanov says it it seems to be taken totally out of context by some.

Everybody loves Baz
Well if he said he was willing to listen to offers for the club someone or a group of businessmen may come in and buy him out .I dont think that will happen though so we are stuck with the mad fecker for now unfortunately

You don't like Vlad, we get it , move on.:nah:

Nothing he said was a lie, so what was wrong with what he said ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

God, you've been desperate for him to say something so that you can have a rant, haven't you? Feel any better now?

how am i not surprised there is a bit from vlad in the n.o.t.w. today. the tims get a russian team in europe somebody phones vlad to ask what dynamo are like and who does he think will win. vlad says what everyone thinks .throws in a wee line about refs for a laugh and the n.o.t.w. bite.:10900:

]Well if he said he was willing to listen to offers for the club[/b'] someone or a group of businessmen may come in and buy him out .I dont think that will happen though so we are stuck with the mad fecker for now unfortunately

I think he has, but no-one is interested.

In any case he is right in what he says, Celtic are in decline, though there is still a long way to go before any gap is closed.

Jam Tarts 1874

Where can we go to get peace from you mad rantings?

2nd, 4th, 8th and 3rd in the 4 full seasons since Romanov saved the club from a slow and certain death. There are not many occassions in Hearts' history where we have managed 3 top 4 finishes in 4 seasons.

We have a decent squad and a good youth set up, how you can suggest that Hearts are not on the up is beyond me.

Your other comment that some businessmen could be found to buy Hearts just sums up your lack of intelligence and judgement.

John Findlay
I didn't find anything within the part posted in the original post I could take exception to BtJ. I too, think Dinamo Moscow will beat Celtic, I also think the Russian League, in fact many, many leagues in Europe are of a higher quality than the SPL and I also think Celtic are only a fraction of the side they used to be, and do win many games based on refereeing decisions.

Nothing controversial in there, these are things that have been said in varying degrees by many people on this board, but when Mr Romanov says it it seems to be taken totally out of context by some.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

No different to what levein said after the McCurry debacle at Ibrox.

John

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I dont see what the big deal is for the news of the world! Vlad is Russian, Vlad fancies a Russian team over a "Scottish" team. Vlad supports home nation shocker! Further these arent comments that could even get discussed at the sfa as they are merely his opinion and in no way controversial.

portobellojambo1
I adore Mr Romanov, always have done, always will :smiley2:

Gay post :10900:

HEARTS FOREVER

I hope Celtic get humped and think they will.

But.

If Celtic are a shallow and steadily degrading club then that doesn't day much for us.

We,ve been miles behind them for as long as i can remember and the fact Celtic actually have a CL game says a lot.

Does VR ever look at that league table?:stuart:

Luther Blissett

For Above ^^^^^^^^

Two seasons ago - Celtic were champions, Last season - They were runners up.

Two seasons ago - Hearts finished 8th, Last season - We finished 3rd.

HEARTS FOREVER
For Above ^^^^^^^^

Two seasons ago - Celtic were champions, Last season - They were runners up.

Two seasons ago - Hearts finished 8th, Last season - We finished 3rd.

LOL!

I see what you have done there Luther.

Reality pills..........get to that cupboard!!!:smiley2:

If steadily degrading means finishing second for the first time in a few years to your bitter rivals in a last day of the season decider then I'll have some of that.

Luther Blissett

[quote=HEARTS FOREVER;1101186

If steadily degrading means finishing second for the first time in a few years to your bitter rivals in a last day of the season decider then I'll have some of that.

Well if it's not, what is it?

Celtic had went backwards under Strachan for the last year or so, Unless finishing behind one of the worst rangers teams in history is an improvement on actually winning the league?:nah:

Really don't see what is so wrong with what was said.

Archived