Virgin 10 mb upgrade?

stevie

Does anyone know when Edinburgh will be upgraded to the 10 mb service,i have tried to contact virgin but they are a nightmare.I have looked at the upgrade schedule but Edinburgh is not listed.

Rick Grimes

months ago......

I assume you were on the 4MB package? If so, you should have 10MB by now. If you've not it might be your modem needs replaced.

months ago......

I assume you were on the 4MB package? If so, you should have 10MB by now. If you've not it might be your modem needs replaced.

Yeah, did that not happen last year? I'm not aware of there being any other planned upgrades.

Rick Grimes
I am still only getting 2mb and was told by virgin that my modem was fine for 10 mb

you only got the boost to 10mb if you were on 4mb. if you were on the lowest speed then it was 1mb to 2mb.

The Comedian
how do you find out what speed you or on with virgin?

Google broadband speed check. Also EH11 has 10 mb :10900:

my area is not due to be updated for a few months, but if you phone them up and say you're hacked off that people in another part of the country are getting a better service - i.e. 10Mb instead of 2 - and want something done about it. It'll be sorted soon enough

you only got the boost to 10mb if you were on 4mb. if you were on the lowest speed then it was 1mb to 2mb.

The email that virgin sent me said that everyone on 2mb was being upgraded to 10mb.I will give them a call and see what the story is but hate phoning because they are a bloody nightmare.

Rick Grimes

Just looked at their site and they've removed the Medium BB package so you may be right - tho this might affect your prices.

Having said that, if Large is now the smalllest (!) then I might have to phone and kick up **** about what I'm paying.

Dean Winchester
Just looked at their site and they've removed the Medium BB package so you may be right - tho this might affect your prices.

Having said that, if Large is now the smalllest (!) then I might have to phone and kick up **** about what I'm paying.

I don't see how it would affect your prices when it is a free upgrade they give you?

Blueyonder done this all the time. I was upgraded by them and stayed on the same package from 1mb > 2mb > 4mb > 8mb before I finally upgraded too 20mb on my own.

The email that virgin sent me said that everyone on 2mb was being upgraded to 10mb.I will give them a call and see what the story is but hate phoning because they are a bloody nightmare.

Like i said earlier, call them up, they'll either upgrade you from 2 to 10 straight away or, if they give you any chat, just complain that people in another part of the country are getting something extra for the same money, they will upgrade you.

Rick Grimes
I don't see how it would affect your prices when it is a free upgrade they give you?

Blueyonder done this all the time. I was upgraded by them and stayed on the same package from 1mb > 2mb > 4mb > 8mb before I finally upgraded too 20mb on my own.

because I'm paying for the middle package of three but they've gone & renamed them so that mine is now the lowest package. sure enough, I'm paying ?25 for a service that's now priced at ?14 on the website. even the next one up is only ?20 a month.....

i feel a phone call coming on.

• 5 weeks later...

reboot your router if you haven't done in the past 6 months.

If that doesn't help, turn it all off and then back on.

If that doesn't work Virgin either aren't giving you the 10mb or your router canny take it

Ill be on the phone to erseholes over at Virgin Media tomorrow morning, Iv been getting bumped stinking, should be getting 20mb, but only getting 5mb!! Robbing tom hunts!!

Ill be on the phone to erseholes over at Virgin Media tomorrow morning, Iv been getting bumped stinking, should be getting 20mb, but only getting 5mb!! Robbing tom hunts!!

Sounds like you need a new modem.

It should be small and black, i think. I used to have a Motorola and they upgraded mine.

540884276.png

540886982.png

540888347.png

I should be getting 20mb as well ! ... mind you, if I keep changing test servers, might just get there !

Sounds like you need a new modem.

It should be small and black, i think. I used to have a Motorola and they upgraded mine.

Iv just got a new modem from them a couple months ago mate.. The small Black one..

Are you connected to your PC with an ethernet cable or USB. If its USB it can only handle 5.5 MB so change the cable and try again.

Are you connected to your PC with an ethernet cable or USB. If its USB it can only handle 5.5 MB so change the cable and try again.

No dude, not connected with a USB, Connected with a Ethernet cable..

Its a pain in the earse as I am paying for service that I am clearly not getting!!

Now it going to involve me having to try and explain my problem to some numb nut in a call centre in India ( Iv got nothing against Indian people before any one say anything:stuart:).. The last time I phoned them they guy started a big spraff on what I should install on my computer instead of the programs that iv already got, then he started going on about what the weather was like! Feeken hell, I only phoned up for a new modem..

Its such a hassle trying to get help for a service you pay for!!

Cant be bothered calling Virgin Media today, will do it tomorrow when I get inn from my Course..

Virgin Media I HATE YOU!!

(rant over):10900:

The Real Maroonblood
No dude, not connected with a USB, Connected with a Ethernet cable..

Its a pain in the earse as I am paying for service that I am clearly not getting!!

Now it going to involve me having to try and explain my problem to some numb nut in a call centre in India ( Iv got nothing against Indian people before any one say anything:stuart:).. The last time I phoned them they guy started a big spraff on what I should install on my computer instead of the programs that iv already got, then he started going on about what the weather was like! Feeken hell, I only phoned up for a new modem..

Its such a hassle trying to get help for a service you pay for!!

Cant be bothered calling Virgin Media today, will do it tomorrow when I get inn from my Course..

Virgin Media I HATE YOU!!

(rant over):10900:

What was the weather like in Birmingham?

Have checked on 3 speed test sites and all report that I am getting a fraction under 10 mb. Very pleased with that as I was upgraded from 2 mb.Have to say that I have been more thatn satisfied with United Artists/Telewest?Virgin Media over the years that we have had their services.

I phoned virgin last week and was upgraded to 10mb a short time after,i had done all of this online but they had no record of it.All in all i am delighted that it was all sorted out with the minimum of fuss and would urge anyone that has the same problem to phone their internet provider.

Archived