Balmoral Pub

beaver

Surprised no comments about this boozer. Good Jambo pub and never any hassle when I was in pre and post games.

Tragic for the fire brigade and family invovled. A good few Jambos now looking for another boozer on matchdays

Surprised no comments about this boozer. Good Jambo pub and never any hassle when I was in pre and post games.

Tragic for the fire brigade and family invovled. A good few Jambos now looking for another boozer on matchdays

Can you elaborate for the exiles?

• 4 months later...

C.I.D. and fire brigade were in there last week , apparently its still being treated as a crime scene, and thats why none of the residents in the flats above have been allowed to move back in to their homes . Until they establish what actually started the fire, whether criminal or accidental that situation will remain I,m told.

Regal Kingston

Very suspicious IMO.

Very sad the fireman died. I hope the police get to the bottom of it.

I drank there for a while before games then they stopped showing the 1:30pm

game so I moved to Diggers

Chaka Demus & pliers

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Hearts Legends are playing the Fire Brigade tomorrow at Riccarton to raise funds for the guys family?

C.I.D. and fire brigade were in there last week , apparently its still being treated as a crime scene, and thats why none of the residents in the flats above have been allowed to move back in to their homes . Until they establish what actually started the fire, whether criminal or accidental that situation will remain I,m told.

Shouldn't this have been a priority and not left until 3 months down the line or whenever it was? I'd have thought the likes of collecting 'evidence' would have been time critical but maybe somebody else can tell me different.

I'm no expert, but i do watch a lot of CSI.

• 1 month later...
Anyone got an update on the cause of the fire?

It'll be a good while yet, I believe.

How does it take so long?

Really difficult to get forensic evidence from a fire scene, although I'd imagine the police have already reported what they know to the Fiscal and might be awaiting a decision over whether there is enough evidence to arrest or charge anyone in connection with the fire.

Archived