What kind of lager do you drink?

Lambo85

carling, tennents, hoegaarden is awesome in bottle or draught.

like a amstrel.

in a tin i like heinken or 1664 blanc.

shame you kannae get the pair in the UK

I would need to check about Blanc, but Heineken is definitely available in a can in the UK.

Its funny how lagers go in and out of fashion.

Red Stripe and Becks used to be the lager to drink 15 years ago, then Tiger Beer became trendy, then Corona with the lime and now its Peroni.

camsanozziejambo2

G,Day BEATS

What /Who put you onto kingfisher beer can you buy it in Edinburgh ??

HOO ROO

rossthejambo

I usually go for Tiger/Peroni if I'm buying bottles, but tbh I'd probably drink any old nonsense as long as its not Stella or Carling.

Not had Draught lager for ages but can't go wrong with a pint of Amstel

Morrisons sell it.Saw it on that dom joly's happy hour when he was drinking it thought i would give it a go.Sure asda sell it as well.Nice stuff.

heartsfc_fan

Anyone seen any good beer offers in supermarkets recently? I managed to get 20 cans (440ml) of stella for ?10 from Asda few days ago :)

Not a lager drinker, except when abroad.

If I'm in a pub, its Deuchars IPA for me, provided its well-kept. Failing that Belhaven best.

Its really red wine that does it for me now.

Walter Bishop

Heineken cold filtered was always a fav of mine!!

Now i like a Corona or a Peroni.

I bought 6 bottles of Samuel Adams beer from Lidl last week, they had as part of their 4th July American stuff, went down very well!:2thumbsup:

Draught - Tennents Ice Cold

Bottle - Birra Moretti. Just a pity there are few places that sell it. So would go for Becks or Heiniken.

Bought some of this in sainsburys in gorgie yesterday, only ?2.25 for 4 bottles, tried it last night and gets a thumbs up from me.

Draught - Peroni.

Bottle - Bud.

Going to Italy in a few weeks time. Most places have Peroni on Draught.

Good times :2thumbsup:

Draught - Peroni.

Bottle - Bud.

Going to Italy in a few weeks time. Most places have Peroni on Draught.

Good times :2thumbsup:

Draught Peroni is good but ?5.20 a pint is a bit steep, this was a few weeks ago in Queens Hall. I think after a few raised eyebrows the bar staff were warning you of the price before they poured it...

On draught, any from Heineken, Peroni, Budvar or possibly Stella or Staropramen if there's nothing else. Alternatively, go for Pilsner Urquell or Amstel for a mellower alcohol hit.

In bottles, can't really see past Peroni, although Brahma and Cusquena are quite nice.

jambos are go!

Interesting to see Tennants Lager getting so many positive comments on this thread compared to the usual uniformed insults. Served up properly it is a national treasure IMO. Had a great pint in the Former Railway Inn(now Juniper Inn?) in Juniper Green last week.

A few years back the used to sell Tennants Gold Bier in bottles that was exceptional IMO. Does anyone know if you still get it?

Draft - Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell, Heineken, Sagres, Leffe blonde

Bottles - Tsingtao, Old Tom Ale, Duvel, Chimay, Leffe Triple (it's mental!), Adelscott.

I like my list.:10900:

skol or becks :boak:

can usually drink any lager as long as its ice cold.

prefer coors. :2thumbsup:

but, wish i knew the name of the cans of lager i had in basel, would love to try that stuff again.

feldsch.jpg

This the one you mean?

robin hood jambo

Bottled- Augistiner Helles Draught- Wienstephan

Cant get enough of those German beers!

feldsch.jpg

This the one you mean?

thats the very fellow andrew, good work :2thumbsup::food-smiley-004:

wonder if its available in the uk? :smiley2:

Valvona and Crolla on Elm Row. ;) They also do the Gran Riserva Peroni which is superb.

Peroni, all three options are top for me. I would also agree with Cobra or Tiger, however Tiger > Cobra.

Went in yesterday to get that gran riserva peroni.Fecking superb.Got 8 bottles of that red label peroni as well but not tried that yet im off for a fortnight so going to have a all day session tommorow.

Went in yesterday to get that gran riserva peroni.Fecking superb.Got 8 bottles of that red label peroni as well but not tried that yet im off for a fortnight so going to have a all day session tommorow.

Good for you buddy. :2thumbsup:

Gran Riserva is a little beerier than the other two. Depending on your tastes, you may find that it is not a "session" drink. Red label is superior to the Nastro but not by much. Btw, red label is the biggest selling lager in Italy.

Oh, and for future reference, V&C used to do a case discount, and knock 10% off. I always ask if they still do the case discount and they always say yes.

I expect posts tomorrow with a review, or possibly Friday! ;)

Good for you buddy. :2thumbsup:

Gran Riserva is a little beerier than the other two. Depending on your tastes, you may find that it is not a "session" drink. Red label is superior to the Nastro but not by much. Btw, red label is the biggest selling lager in Italy.

Oh, and for future reference, V&C used to do a case discount, and knock 10% off. I always ask if they still do the case discount and they always say yes.

I expect posts tomorrow with a review, or possibly Friday! ;)

No bother mate.Got 6 bottles of gran riserva and tanned them so ill have a go at the red label tommorow.Also got 2 bottles of white wine so yes no doubt be Friday for the review!!! Good to know about the discount by the case as well.

just got given 6 bottles of Kasteel Cru lager.its made with champagne yeast!never heard of it before but its really good.anyone tasted it before

just got given 6 bottles of Kasteel Cru lager.its made with champagne yeast!never heard of it before but its really good.anyone tasted it before

Nah never heard of it.Where do they sell it?

Fenerjambo

Bottles: Miller (can handle a few of them and are refreshing)

Tyskie (Polish beer that is a quick way of getting sloshed)

Efes(Nice Turkish beer)

Draught: Tennents ice (in the merchi)

Kronenburg (Quick to get sloshed pint)

Most foreign beers in their own countries.Can't beat that!!:2thumbsup:

Great Grog near Homebase at salsbury.dont know cost as it was a gift,web is http://www.kasteelcru.com its very tasty.3bottles just slid down:10900:

Looks the part.Says they sell it at tesco i may have a look for it.

Gran Riserva is the daddy.Peroni and the red lable peroni is nice but yes Gran Riserva is the big boy.Good tip for that.The wine i got going down a treat as well.The bird going in tommorow to get a case of Gran Riserva wi the 10% off hopefully!!!!!

elvisisgod
Has anyone ever had Asahi (the Japanese lager) on draught ?

I've only ever seen it on draught in London but its an absolutely fantastic pint.QUOTE]

Asahi is fantastic IMO, lovely yet widely unknown lager I fear.

Guest juvehearts

anyone ever tried that banana bread beer that was doing its rounds a few years ago?

it was in a pint bottle i drank 24 over the cource of 2 day's & was much heavier on the 3rd.

full of fat the thing was, took me months to lose the pounds :(

Stewart MacD
Has anyone ever had Asahi (the Japanese lager) on draught ?

I've only ever seen it on draught in London but its an absolutely fantastic pint.QUOTE]

Asahi is fantastic IMO' date=' lovely yet widely unknown lager I fear.[/quote']

Asahi Super Dry is magic. In Sydney I've only had it in bottles, but I've seen it on tap in one or two touristy places at prices which mean it won't sell.

Here I drink draught Guinness, not lager, if the hostelry keeps and pours it well.

any one know where the cheapest place to get a few cans of red stripe is?

Got an all day/night bbq tomorrow...quite fancy a few cans of it...

cheers

Becks, Miller Genuine Draft or Corona for me.

Fosters or Tennents Ice Cold in a pint.

Costcutter had 8 cans for a fiver

Thats quite good...though i have no idea where one near me is haha

Archived