Virgin Media problems

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

Couldn't see a thread on this, but did anyone have problems with their internet last night? Couldn't get on to my internet from about 7pm till when I went to bed. Works for me this morning (checked before I went to work this AM.) My old man texted me and said the same thing, he was rather pee'd off as he was bidding for an ebay item. :th_o:

Anyone else have similar issues?

Edinburgh and Glenrothes were down according to the recorded message on their customer support line.

Couldn't see a thread on this, but did anyone have problems with their internet last night? Couldn't get on to my internet from about 7pm till when I went to bed. Works for me this morning (checked before I went to work this AM.) My old man texted me and said the same thing, he was rather pee'd off as he was bidding for an ebay item. :th_o:

Anyone else have similar issues?

Yes, and I was pi$$ed off, I was also bidding on e-bay and lost out because I couldn`t get on to increase my bid.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Whole thing was fecked last night

No internet and no movies on demand either

Wanted to watch a movie last night after a mad bender of a weekend as well

Bordeaux 03
Edinburgh and Glenrothes were down according to the recorded message on their customer support line.

Ahhh that will be why it kept dropping out yesterday then, thought it was just my crappy router.

Put me in a right bastart of a mood last night. Not because it went off, but because I continued my FM game with Elgin instead and got beat by Albion Rovers after some hibs ^^^^ on loan scored in the 90th minute.

I hold Virgin legally responsible.

heartsfc_fan

Ah right, cheers. I called up the wrong Virgin Media number I think and got a wee message saying I was to be kept in a waiting queue for 10 mins. So I just hung up and went for a walk :hang:

what a pain in the arse it was. mine went off about 7.30/8 ish and i called to see if there was an issue....

kept on hold for almost 10 minutes before a human spoke to me. she first of all blamed my modem, then went to check any known issues, there wasn't and arranged an engineer to be sent to me on tuesday

apparently i'll get a text message to tell me if the engineer has been cancelled as it WAS an issue, but as yet, heard nothing.

it was off all night, and back on this morning.

i did say to the lass that my cable box was flashing and whenever that happened & my net went down, that there was an issue, but she disagreed.

ach well. its back on now

frankblack

I was online from about 5:50pm and the connection died pretty much on 7pm.

Fortunately I was about to switch the computer off anyway, but otherwise wouldn't have been happy.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I had to order from the Silverbowl from memory as well!

That's twice this has happened in the last year or so.

Being deprived of internet is like living in the fecking stone age

ArmiyaRomanova

BION, I was relieved to discover that the system was down yesterday afternoon/evening.

I've just bought a new Mac and was trying to get it on-line without success, fiddling around with network preferences etc..

When my old Mac then lost internet/email I was convinced I'd done something to feck it up, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what...

Two hours wasted, I guess....

What a hellish nite it was for me last night.

1st virgin goes down.

Then it starts gashing down and my feeking house gets flooded for the 6th time in about 4 years. My street was like a canal last night. Water ****ing through my front door, at least a 2 foot of water in my drive way, feeking joke!

Before I go Id like to say A nice big FEEK YOU VIRGIN MEDIA & FEEK YOU SCOTTISH WATER!!

Same here -- what annoys me is it's never their fault -- quite clearly it was and no apology.

scottish_chicP

Mine died too and I'm West Lothian. I didn't think much of it as it has happened before so I just switched it off.

heartsfc_fan

All customers should get a refund who were having problems ;)

All customers should get a refund who were having problems ;)

i completely agree, not having the net last night really done my t i t s in.:hat2:

I don't think our chances of getting a full refund are too high considering it was only 6 hours down out of the 744 hours in the month.

My on demand on the tv hasn't been working properly since friday, tried phoning last night to complain and definately get a refund as thats been ages. Waited 17mins to speak to someone who hung up the moment we got connected, total joke, will be phoning tonight demanding refund.

Bordeaux 03
My on demand on the tv hasn't been working properly since friday, tried phoning last night to complain and definately get a refund as thats been ages. Waited 17mins to speak to someone who hung up the moment we got connected, total joke, will be phoning tonight demanding refund.

Have you tried restarting your box?

Have you tried restarting your box?

About 20 times, either on demand is unavailable or if you get into it the programmes cut out halfway thro.

Up until last week when I went on holiday I had had almost no broadband connection for 9-10 weeks by which point I had already spoken with their morons on their customer helpline (or whatever misnomer it's called).

This Scouse erse went through the usual 'check yer modem display , check yer browser settings'. At which point I said 'you're not listening' !!! It's nothing to do with the modem , it's nothing to do with the browser. It's your fecking network'. I asked him to take my postcode and go check with the network management guys and report back on all the incidents in my postcode for the last two months. Naturally he refused - VM always assume the customer is at fault - and then said I need to check Explorer. I told him I don't use it , I use Mozilaa. He then said VM don't support Mozilla (FFS!!) I insisted I don't use Explorer and I had no intention of installing it just for VM. I pointed out Mozilla was installed over a year ago , worked fine since so why are we checking browswers. At this point he said I was being unhelpful and s I was 'putting barriers in the way'.

After nearly screaming down the phone I got the Swansea address of the 'customer services' , wrote a complaint letter and then threw it in the bin. I phoned Sky & BT (?7.50 a month cheaper anyway) and they are coming next week. Interestingly as soon as VM were notified by BT they were on the phone asking why I was moving and offered an ?11 mothly reduction (ie no line rental) without me even asking for it. I told them I wouldn't take it for a ?1 a month since the service is ****t , regularly unavailable for extended periods , no one gives a toss and their techinical desk is run by morons who don't listen and always assume the customer is at fault. I also suggested the guy find a new job as I can't believe VM is going to be around for much longer given my experiences with them over the last 2-3 years.

Added to that Sky have been phoning asking me to take out a payment plan for insurance on the Sky+ box as the manufacturers warranty is about to expire. I said Sky would still have to honour the EC regs on electrical goods and give a 24 month warranty- natch the guy had no idea what I was talking about. He insisted Sky only give 12 month warranty. I said I don't care what Sky thinks , if it goes belly up within 24 months Sky would have to fix it and if they didn't I would cancel my subscription, reapply later and get a new box anyway. Any comments from Sky on that ? No.

Incompetnce
Up until last week when I went on holiday I had had almost no broadband connection for 9-10 weeks by which point I had already spoken with their morons on their customer helpline (or whatever misnomer it's called).

This Scouse erse went through the usual 'check yer modem display , check yer browser settings'. At which point I said 'you're not listening' !!! It's nothing to do with the modem , it's nothing to do with the browser. It's your fecking network'. I asked him to take my postcode and go check with the network management guys and report back on all the incidents in my postcode for the last two months. Naturally he refused - VM always assume the customer is at fault - and then said I need to check Explorer. I told him I don't use it , I use Mozilaa. He then said VM don't support Mozilla (FFS!!) I insisted I don't use Explorer and I had no intention of installing it just for VM. I pointed out Mozilla was installed over a year ago , worked fine since so why are we checking browswers. At this point he said I was being unhelpful and s I was 'putting barriers in the way'.

After nearly screaming down the phone I got the Swansea address of the 'customer services' , wrote a complaint letter and then threw it in the bin. I phoned Sky & BT (?7.50 a month cheaper anyway) and they are coming next week. Interestingly as soon as VM were notified by BT they were on the phone asking why I was moving and offered an ?11 mothly reduction (ie no line rental) without me even asking for it. I told them I wouldn't take it for a ?1 a month since the service is ****t , regularly unavailable for extended periods , no one gives a toss and their techinical desk is run by morons who don't listen and always assume the customer is at fault. I also suggested the guy find a new job as I can't believe VM is going to be around for much longer given my experiences with them over the last 2-3 years.

Added to that Sky have been phoning asking me to take out a payment plan for insurance on the Sky+ box as the manufacturers warranty is about to expire. I said Sky would still have to honour the EC regs on electrical goods and give a 24 month warranty- natch the guy had no idea what I was talking about. He insisted Sky only give 12 month warranty. I said I don't care what Sky thinks , if it goes belly up within 24 months Sky would have to fix it and if they didn't I would cancel my subscription, reapply later and get a new box anyway. Any comments from Sky on that ? No.

They ask about Browser and modem settings as they are the problem most often (except for the time I had to call up and find out that the wee scrote who I'd spoken to before had managed to give me the wrong username and password for my modem after they changed my phone number without telling me... Wasn't chuffed, but that's Irish phone companies for you).

My job entails following up on these things seeing as you need an internet connection to play the game I work for to support. As such, almost anyone using Virgin immediately assumes it's our fault when they can't login and I end up receiving abuse for something that should have been easily fixed by their ISP.

Change to BT as quickly as you can as at least their network is stable :). Oh aye, and relax, or you'll pop a vein or something.

Archived