UFC

skene11

If Setanta go under (which is pretty much inevitable), who will get the rights to broadcast the UFC events?!

UFC 100 is coming up, and for whoever watches UFC, they will know how big an event this is, and I need a channel to watch it on!

Apparently they're making an announcement tomorrow about what channel UFC 100 will be shown on, and then a further announcement about it's permanent home after that.

I believe the station will be revealed tomorrow and the favourite is Virgin - Bravo will probably get the replays.

Sky and UFC didn't have a great relationship.

Think your forgetting Bisping v Hendo!!

I hope Bisping shuts that Yank up!

Have you got a link to where I can find the outcome of the announcement tomorrow?

Looking forward to that fight , hopefully Bisping will feck him up.

vegas-voss

Have you got a link to where I can find the outcome of the announcement tomorrow?

Bisping is a *****,Henderson will destroy him

It'll be put on the UFC.com website mate.

Bisping is a *****,Henderson will destroy him

Bisping will punch him out:2thumbsup:

Alves?! I agree with the other two, but I think St. Pierre will take the fight to the ground, and destroy Alves. Just has to watch out for Alves' submissions.

Alves has a punchers chance. Hughes couldn't take him down even if it goes to ground Alves will get right back up imo. Will be a cracking fight.

I think it will be Bisping, GSP and Lesnar. I know Mir beat Lesnar last time but I think Brock will get revenge this time

Professor.Arturo

Its all a con, fixed like wrestling. Thats why (just like the wrestling) the bookies dont lay odds on it.

Come dancing with a few hard slaps thrown in. :10900:

hearts_crazy
I think it will be Bisping, GSP and Lesnar. I know Mir beat Lesnar last time but I think Brock will get revenge this time

Mir got lucky last time, Lesnar was well on his way to pummelling the living feck out of him when he got hold of Brock's leg and held on for dear life, if that hadn't worked no way Mir would have won that match(IMO)

I will be supporting Lesnar - for no other reason than his ring enterance music for his last fight was "Shout at the Devil" by Motley Crue - which made me laugh!

vegas-voss

I used to like Bisping but after watching the last series of Ultimate fighter when he was coach I have come to the conclusion he is a complete tosser he did not even turn up for one of his fighters fights because he knew the guy would not win.What kind of coach is that and his excuse was he over slept.2 time pride champion Henderson will destroy him.GSP will win his title fight and Brock v Mir well my head says Brock but I just don't know.

UPDATE: UK UFC broadcaster announced tomorrow, Virgin 1 favourite

After much waiting, panicking and re-arranging, it is likely that the UK UFC office will announce tomorrow where the new home of the UFC in the UK will be, and it is expected to be Virgin 1.

The news came across our desk tonight that the announcement UK fans have been waiting on for weeks, which channel UFC 100 will be broadcast on, will be released tomorrow and that Virgin 1 is expected to be showing the event. Virgin 1 was the free view home of the ninth season of The Ultimate Fighter, and as such has amassed a large number of UFC fans as regular viewers.

It is not known yet, should Virgin 1 get the rights to show the event, whether they will be showing all other related programs. Such as ?Ultimate 100? and the ?Countdown? show for UFC 100. I?m sure UK fans would rather have UFC 100 on its own than nothing at all.

can someone please tell me what channel ufc 100 will be on cos i cant find it anywhere on the ufc website?

It still hasn't been announced yet.

This article below is about UFC coverage in Mexico but mentions that no UK coverage is announced.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15446/ufc-100-to-broadcast-live-in-mexico-on-network-channel-televisa.mma

Still hoping for Virgin1 but no clue when they will announce it. If there is to be coverage then they almost have to announce it today so the channel have time to advertise it.

Still no mention of UFC 100 being on UK tv however I believe that from UFC 101 it will probably be on the new ESPN channel.

marvins ear
I used to like Bisping but after watching the last series of Ultimate fighter when he was coach I have come to the conclusion he is a complete tosser he did not even turn up for one of his fighters fights because he knew the guy would not win.What kind of coach is that and his excuse was he over slept.2 time pride champion Henderson will destroy him.GSP will win his title fight and Brock v Mir well my head says Brock but I just don't know.

I know what you mean, I didn't mind Bisping before, but after watching the last series of TUF, I hope Henderson puts him in his place. Where did his massive Ego come from? The only decent fighter he's come up against (evans) beat him, albeit unconvincingly, and he should added a loss against Hamill, now he could be up against silva if he beats Handerson. Anderson would destroy him!

I hope Mir beats Lesnar, as I always seem to prefer a good technical fighter over brute strength, but Lesnar seems o be getting better all the time.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Source. The Sun

UFC 100 will air LIVE and FREE on Sky channel 433, the mixed martial arts promotion have confirmed.

SunSport can exclusively reveal the biggest show in MMA history will also be available to watch on UFC.com.

For fans wanting to see the Las Vegas spectacular on TV, Sky channel 433 — formerly the Racing World network — will effectively become a UFC station for nine hours only.

And viewers will be able to catch all the action from the biggest fight night of the year completely free of charge.

As an exciting bonus for British fans, Sky channel 433's coverage will begin at 9pm on Saturday with all five episodes of the UFC's Top 100 Fights.

They will be followed by the official Countdown to UFC 100 programme, taking you up to 3am when the spotlight switches to Las Vegas.

Anyone without a Sky subscription need not worry as every punch, kick and submission will be shown on the UFC's official website.

For details on how to watch the event live online, simply visit UFC.com.

Included on the historic UFC 100 card are championship battles between heavyweight juggernauts Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, and welterweight wrecking machines Georges St Pierre and Thiago Alves.

Ultimate Fighter coaches Michael 'The Count' Bisping and former Pride champion Dan Henderson will also clash in a middleweight showdown.

Beyond UFC 100, there are further exciting announcements in the pipeline for British UFC fans.

The Strike

Does that mean it will be exclusive to sky or will virgin have the channel as well mate?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Does that mean it will be exclusive to sky or will virgin have the channel as well mate?

Not sure to be honest.

I have Virgin (with Sky Sports) so was wondering the same myself.

the voice from above

Looks like it'll be sky box viewers only! Gutted.

UFC.com will be showing the entire card live to UK viewers, not sure if any kind of sign up is required. I'm pretty ****ed off with this!

Greedy_Jambo

Channel 433 is the racing uk channel on sky. If you have the Virgin XL package you have racing uk.

Jambo Hud316

I'm going for Brock, Bisping and GSP

Gutted to be missing the event as I am at T in the Park but I will be trying to get it online 1st thing Monday morning

GSP GSP GSP

hoping sky get it cant wait for lesnar vs mir!!!:10900:

Sky got it, channel 433. Plus it is going to be streamed on the UFC website free for UK viewers

Ibrahim Tall
Its all a con, fixed like wrestling. Thats why (just like the wrestling) the bookies dont lay odds on it.

Come dancing with a few hard slaps thrown in. :10900:

The bookies do let you bet on it. :huh:

Professor.Arturo
The bookies do let you bet on it. :huh:

I stand corrected.

This guy would still have kicked all their asses though.

the-Ultimate-Warrior-champion.jpg

Greedy_Jambo

It seems that channel 433 on sky is racing world. Not racing uk. So it looks like if you have virgin (like i do) you can't watch ufc 100 tonight :(

Totally pee'd off about this like. Only reason i got the XL package was because it had setanta on it.

Griclesfield

just got sky installed last week, free sports and movies for first month happy days.

ch 433 you say ... reminder now set ....

come on Brock .....

Say What Again
Bisping will punch him out:

Oh will he now? Unless of course by Bisping punching him out you actually meant knocking himself out by headbutting Hendo's fist. :10900:

Seems like only vegas voss called it right on this thread.

http://rorr.im/digg.com/other_sports/ultimate_gif_henderson_kos_bisping/527cbda4e0db03a294168bc622946b7d.gif

:10900:

Oh will he now? Unless of course by Bisping punching him out you actually meant knocking himself out by headbutting Hendo's fist. :10900:

Seems like only vegas voss called it right on this thread.

http://rorr.im/digg.com/other_sports/ultimate_gif_henderson_kos_bisping/527cbda4e0db03a294168bc622946b7d.gif

:10900:

It wasn't really hard to call.Two time Pride champion vs a mouthy Englishmen.****ing brilliant knock out though.

My pals son went over to Vegas since it was 100. Seems to be having a great time.

Say What Again
****ing brilliant knock out though.

The smash in the puss when he was down was overkill :10900:

hearts_crazy
brock was unstoppable last night

superb interview at the end :10900:

Did Mir actually get a single punch or kick on target? TBH it was just like the last time, but this time Mir didn't get a hold of Lesnar's ankle, he took a Hell of a pummelling.

UFC 100 was great. That was some knockout of Bisping. GSP and Brock both looked unstoppable and GSP survived 2 rounds with a pulled groin. Brocks interview after winning was great fun.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Anyone know where I can find a replay of UFC 100?

I was at TITP and missed it.

Archived