trapped in Glasgow

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I am currently sitting in my flat having an odd morning. Woken up today by flute and drum music as today is the big Orange order parade. So I keep having marches going past my flat, and now it is finished hundreds of people are flooding out. Though the thing that makes it annoying is the hundreds of Rangers tops outside. They are everywhere and some are already drunk off their head.

cosanostra

Absolute **** of the earth mate.

The idiots woke me up earlier and a few of the neds in Rangers strips walked along my road kicking cars and singing sectarian songs.

I detest these people.

I feel for you mate to be honest..i grew up with that at school as I can play a flute..never played the sash in my life. I think it is all about upbringing really.

Say What Again
Woken up today by flute and drum music as today is the big Orange order parade.

Ah! I thought there were a few JKB regulars missing today.

shaun.lawson

:rofl:

jamboinglasgow

just a had group of them go past who looked like the kind of people who went down to Manchester for a fight.

just a had group of them go past who looked like the kind of people who went down to Manchester for a fight.

Dust off your bowler hat and join them.

:laugh:

jamboinglasgow

that will rile up crowd, now expect this to turn into a 100 pager on the merits and demerits of the orange lodge and will be closed by mod no.4 (my fave one.)

:10900:

I am currently sitting in my flat having an odd morning...

Does Glasgow not observe BST??

:whistling:

Stuart Lyon

Just spoke to my mate who is in Glasgow for the Eagles concert tonight. He said a bunch of guys wearing Rangers tops and one wearing a Hearts top had just passed by looking as if they were going to the walk.

Say What Again
that will rile up crowd, now expect this to turn into a 100 pager on the merits and demerits of the orange lodge

You'll need to wait until they get back from Glasgow.

I feel for you mate to be honest..i grew up with that at school as I can play a flute..never played the sash in my life. I think it is all about upbringing really.

Or lack of upbringing!

conn artist

similar story here, woken up at half 8 this morning with the band from my local bigot pub tuning up. 2 different walks nr my flat then when i was on my way into uni seen another two. made the mistake of coming back thro kelvingrove park which is normally full of fit birds and student types. not today it was like a toothless face slashing convention all clad in vile rangers gear. the amount of police on duty today is unreal. all over the west end and helicopters on the go non stop. how much does this rubbish cost the taxpayer? when will this crap be a thing of the past, i can only hope.

I really am sick of the sight of them today. I'm at work today and this morning I had to try and explain what was going on to a bus load of tourists from Aus sending their hard earned in my shop. Not a good look - blight of our nation.

jamboinglasgow
I really am sick of the sight of them today. I'm at work today and this morning I had to try and explain what was going on to a bus load of tourists from Aus sending their hard earned in my shop. Not a good look - blight of our nation.

I agree, the open-top tour bus goes along my street and I wonder how the tour guide explained the many shady characters going down the street.

jamboinglasgow

the whole parade is now passing by my flat. Feel sorry for anyone who is stuck in the traffic. Looking at the Rangers fans below (and knowing Celtic fans as well) it just makes me upset that they get to win things every year. Two disgraceful sets of supporters who are stuck 300 years in the past.

the whole parade is now passing by my flat. Feel sorry for anyone who is stuck in the traffic. Looking at the Rangers fans below (and knowing Celtic fans as well) it just makes me upset that they get to win things every year. Two disgraceful sets of supporters who are stuck 300 years in the past.

You should stop one of them and ask what it is they're marching for. Could be amusing. :smile:

Archived