Transport to Glasgow Airport[In the middle of the night]

willie wallace

willie wallace

I need to get my son to Glasgow airport for a 7-30am flight to Spain on Monday 13july.All this was caused because he has to stay at T-In-The Park until the bitter end and will only arrive back in Edinburgh around 1am.The rest of the family will already be in London and will leave from there.

I believe there is a bus that leaves at 3.30 from Edinburgh going to Prestwick via Buchanan street which would be ideal but i am worried that you may have to show a booking from Prestwick to get on it.

Anyone any ideas?

The People's Chimp

If he does take that bus - no idea if it exists - then get a taxi BOOKED in advance, or let him be ready to be half cut, knackered, with his bags, stinking after a weekend at T and trying to get a taxi after the clubs empty in glasgow city centre!

EDIT: i'm clearly letting the export go to my head. there's no going to be much of a queue at 3 am on a sunday night....

Only a Game
I need to get my son to Glasgow airport for a 7-30am flight to Spain on Monday 13july.All this was caused because he has to stay at T-In-The Park until the bitter end and will only arrive back in Edinburgh around 1am.The rest of the family will already be in London and will leave from there.

I believe there is a bus that leaves at 3.30 from Edinburgh going to Prestwick via Buchanan street which would be ideal but i am worried that you may have to show a booking from Prestwick to get on it.

Anyone any ideas?

Is there no buses from TITP to Glasgow that would help

willie wallace
Is there no buses from TITP to Glasgow that would help

Have considered that but there are things to be dropped of and collected here although we could probably get around that.Are you allowed to hang about the airport in the middle of the night?

Have considered that but there are things to be dropped of and collected here although we could probably get around that.Are you allowed to hang about the airport in the middle of the night?

Yeah you can. We drove down to Manchester Airport for a 7 am flight a few years ago. We got there about 1 am and sat about in the airport through the night.

The People's Chimp

plenty buses to glasgow from T.

(yas. worthwhile contribution!)

Only a Game

Yeh Ive slept in Glasgow airport before for an early morning flight. Loads of folk did it and it was quite good crack with a wee cairy oot. Not sure if they have left luggage these days due to the terrorist threat etc but that might be an option. I'm not 100% sure if they still do it but you used to be able to have a shower there as well

Only a Game
i work 4a musselburgh taxi co we can pick him up ?80 to glasgow airport

Or you can stand in the street with your hand held out with ?80 in it and some other basturd will rob you :10900:

Era Macaroons

Anyone any ideas?

If hes old enough to go to T in the Park ....hes old enough to get his own arse to the airport after.

Tell him to beat it.

J.T.F.Robertson
Or you can stand in the street with your hand held out with ?80 in it and some other basturd will rob you :10900:

Made me laugh.

Daydream Believer

Impressive stamina.

I've taken Monday Tuesday and Wednesday off my work after T. No way I could drag myself on holliday.

frankblack
Impressive stamina.

I've taken Monday Tuesday and Wednesday off my work after T. No way I could drag myself on holliday.

I've taken the Thursday - Tuesday off inclusive. Two days is usually just enough to get the alcohol out of your system. The monday is usually when you put your feet up as they are sore from walking all weekend.

Anyway, as for travelling back to Glasgow, there are shuttle buses to Buchanan Bus Station but time is running out for booking them - perhaps today is the last day.

Archived