where to go camping this weekend

eddie fenwick

any good sites(bar needed)in the central belt?

Go up the East Neuk of the Kingdom,Elie/Anstruther/St Monans etc...as long as the weather holds out:2thumbsup:

eddie fenwick
Go up the East Neuk of the Kingdom,Elie/Anstruther/St Monans etc...as long as the weather holds out:2thumbsup:

was thinking along they lines

Lots of sites and pubs up that neck of the woods.

Being from Central Scotland (and Fife in particular) I would opt for going somewhere less well kent for a wee camping trip. Its amazing the little distance you need to travel for some amazing things in Scotland. Went to Loch Awe a few weeks ago and cannot reccomend it highly enough.

eddie fenwick
Being from Central Scotland (and Fife in particular) I would opt for going somewhere less well kent for a wee camping trip. Its amazing the little distance you need to travel for some amazing things in Scotland. Went to Loch Awe a few weeks ago and cannot reccomend it highly enough.

is there a bar tho?

Doctor FinnBarr
ill be wantinn peace from the wife and kids:10900:

I find that if you get drunk everything they say is funny and then you have the added fun of them telling you about the conversation the next morning as you can't remember any of it!:smiley2:

We're going to try Faskally at Pitlochry.

:smiley2:

eddie fenwick
I find that if you get drunk everything they say is funny and then you have the added fun of them telling you about the conversation the next morning as you can't remember any of it!:smiley2:

We're going to try Faskally at Pitlochry.

my apprentice was telling me to go there,he says its really good:2thumbsup:

Auld Reekin'

" Originally Posted by bikerjambo

I find that if you get drunk everything they say is funny and then you have the added fun of them telling you about the conversation the next morning as you can't remember any of it!

We're going to try Faskally at Pitlochry. "

If you've got kids who need activities / swimming pool, etc., then Faskally is probably your best bet. I think there is a bar / restaurant there too. Ballinluig, closer to Pitlochry centre, is probably a quieter site and better for folk without kids, or with older kids who can amuse themselves.

Either way, if you're up that way, you must go to Moulin - just to the north of Pitlochry - and check out the Moulin Inn. Cracking pub, good food, beer brewed in micro-brewery next door. It's much nicer than any of the pubs in Pitlochry.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'll be the drunk in the bar!

Faskally is great tbh. Good wee pub up the road called the tilt at Blair Atholl. Also the Taybank in Dunkeld is a fave of mine. Great spot.

Doctor FinnBarr
race you:smiley2:

Half 2 finish, dump, bath then load up, leave about half 4ish, up there for 6, tent up for about 7......half 7 in the pub I reckon!

Doctor FinnBarr
race you:smiley2:

Ed, unless you're going for 3 nights or more they ain't interested!

Back to the drawing board.

:21:

Doctor FinnBarr

Ord House in Berwick upon Tweed is looking good at the mo, can't get in touch to confirm things tho!

:hat2:

thewanderer

Beinglas farm is a cracking campsite with a bar and that, I had a really good time there last summer. Give that a bash. Its in arrochar.

Not quite in the central belt but only an hour or so from Fife is Blair Atholl. Go for the Tilt Hotel campsite as opposed to the supposedly posher one. Good camp site in a nice spot with bars a plenty in the hotel and decent food.

Doctor FinnBarr
Beinglas farm is a cracking campsite with a bar and that, I had a really good time there last summer. Give that a bash. Its in arrochar.

Ha, happened to stop in Arrochar last Sunday for chips and it must easily have the worst chippy in the land!

Weather forecast is better for the east this weekend tho!

:57:

eddie fenwick
Ha, happened to stop in Arrochar last Sunday for chips and it must easily have the worst chippy in the land!

Weather forecast is better for the east this weekend tho!

:57:

bad,bad,bad rain forecast for the weekend so goin next week,means i can play 5s tonight:2thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr
bad,bad,bad rain forecast for the weekend so goin next week,means i can play 5s tonight:2thumbsup:

Lightweight!

Era Macaroons

isnt that a contradiction in terms?

If u were camping then why the crivvins would you need a bar?

P.S. why the heck would u wanna camp in the central belt? get yourself North for that (or at least West)

real camping_thumb.jpg

Era Macaroons

I camped here last weekend

1 hour north of Stirling, just past Calender....absolutely stunning and nobody there

LOCH VOIL,nr Balquhidder_thumb.jpg

eddie fenwick
isnt that a contradiction in terms?

If u were camping then why the crivvins would you need a bar?

P.S. why the heck would u wanna camp in the central belt? get yourself North for that (or at least West)

2 kids and a wife,oh aye and ****ing daisy

Era Macaroons
2 kids and a wife,oh aye and ****ing daisy

drop the wife off at Gala bingo in Leith , nip up North, and come back a week later, she wont even know youve gone ;)

I'm looking for a campsite for a group of us from work, looking to drink, fish, and general merriment. Any ideas?

The Old Tolbooth

One of the guys I work with has a static at St Fillans but not sure if you can pitch tents there, I would imagine you could.

It has the fishing, a golf course on it's doorstep, and is situated on a Loch so that you can fish to your hearts desire.

I camped here last weekend

1 hour north of Stirling, just past Calender....absolutely stunning and nobody there

Loch Voil is one of my favourite spots as well for exactly that reason.

Era Macaroons

:2thumbsup:

Loch Voil is one of my favourite spots as well for exactly that reason.

oops, sorry for spilling the beans:smiley2:

To me thats real camping...why would you want to go camping to a place thats got facilities and hot showers to que for when youve got a whole Loch to yourself!

Era Macaroons

just had another idea

The Ettrick has a bar n wont mind if u pop a tent up in garden

Doctor FinnBarr

Fridays rain only stopped as we arrived in Berwick and started again just as we were leaving today, I even got sun burnt yesterday!

The boozer on site was selling Guinness at ?2.80 a pint and ?2.70 for a double vodka, the carry-out is home with us.

Archived