What comedian would you have/liked to share a drink with??

maroonlegions

blondejamtart

Same here - it'd have been interesting to see what he'd have made of world events since his untimely death.

maroonlegions
Same here - it'd have been interesting to see what he'd have made of world events since his untimely death.

Agree, even when you look back and watch his shows he was even then very observant on various political and religious themes.He had a great way of putting it across in comedy , the Iraq war by him in one of his shows was very cleverly put together and so to the point.Never tier of watching him.:2thumbsup:

conn artist

gina yashere for me. I find her one trick of speaking in a bad nigerian accent hilarious and would like to experiance that first hand. if she is not available then Omid Djalili doing his rubbish iranian gags would do instead.

bill hicks. If i could have a chat with anyone from any time, comedian or not, it would be bill.

heartgarfunkel

Jerry Sadowitz. He would get you a good kicking at some point in the evening though.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Been drinking with Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse

Bloke I used to work with is Bob Mortimer's brother and he took me to the BBC Executive Club after watching the recording of Shooting

Stars.

Vic and Bob were pretty down to earth blokes who spent most of the evening discussing the woes of Sunderland at the time (this was about 2002/2003)

Paul Whitehouse was a genuinely nice bloke unlike Mark Lamarr who, if it had been in any other pub who'd have got decked by me for the way he spoke to my gf at the time. Total AR$E

Personally I'd like to have a beer with Mark Thomas, Rich Hall or Reginald D Hunter

Jerry Sadowitz. He would get you a good kicking at some point in the evening though.

He is quality though. I'd personally like to have a drink with Billy Connolly. I've actually cried with laughter at his stories.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Outlaw-Comic-The-Censoring-Of-Bill-Hicks-documentary-77mins

I see they even tried to censor him, he must have been hitting some nerves then.:10900:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Yp1lD4Ohg

thanks for that, just sat and watched it, I had read a few biographies so was aware of what happened, but that video was really good, all seven parts :10900:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Mark Lamarr who, if it had been in any other pub who'd have got decked by me for the way he spoke to my gf at the time. Total AR$E

That sounds juicy, what did he say to her?

jambos are go!

Shared a cup of tea with Chic Murray once. Patter just as droll and unique as on the stage. Genius.

heartgarfunkel

Paul Whitehouse was a genuinely nice bloke unlike Mark Lamarr who, if it had been in any other pub who'd have got decked by me for the way he spoke to my gf at the time. Total AR$E

/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation mate he was behaving like a **** in the Green Tree (Cowgate) beer garden a good few years back and he got the treatment big style. Can't say anything more than that! :thumb:

Had the pleasure of sharing the company of Jimmy Logan once around 1982. I saw him performing in Vancouver, but met him in Edinburgh. Very nice guy talked about his visits to Canada and how he enjoyed them. Also met Ken Dodd in a pub in Norfolk one time. Much different person in real life than on the stage.

scots civil war

Paul Whitehouse was a genuinely nice bloke unlike Mark Lamarr who' date=' if it had been in any other pub who'd have got decked by me for the way he spoke to my gf at the time. Total AR$E

/QUOTE']

If it's any consolation mate he was behaving like a **** in the Green Tree (Cowgate) beer garden a good few years back and he got the treatment big style. Can't say anything more than that! :thumb:

great news all round for me.i was in a band which lamarr used to like.after a gig at the garage,highbury corner london,i introduced myself to him at the bar and recieved the ignorance card from him....i wasnt the original drummer in the band and i concluded he didnt like that.......total and utter ****.....:compute:

ToadKiller Dog
Shared a cup of tea with Chic Murray once. Patter just as droll and unique as on the stage. Genius.

Sharing the same cup , were you drinking from a flask or just to tight to buy your own cup ?:stuart::nah:

Miller Jambo 60
Sharing the same cup , were you drinking from a flask or just to tight to buy your own cup ?:stuart::nah:

That so called jambo that cheeted us in 86.

Crombie GTF you horrible piece of ****.

:57:

I P Knightley
Also met Ken Dodd in a pub in Norfolk one time. Much different person in real life than on the stage.

I've met a fair few comedians and would say that this is probably the case with most of them.

I suppose it's similar to meeting an actor. You wouldn't expect him to be in costume and character. The comics, when off-stage, are ordinary blokes and aren't trying to make you laugh.

Fairly ordinary company.

Personally I'd like to have a beer with Mark Thomas, Rich Hall or Reginald D Hunter

haven't chewed the fat with mark thomas, but been on the peeve with the other two. both genuinely good blokes. rich hall NEVER has smokes though, so make sure you've got plenty hehe

shared a special cigarette with reg on more than 1 occasion. he's a sound bloke, really top notch. unfortunately has quite a few hangers on around him now, which isn't so good as he has often been "on" in their company, rather than the natural humour you get with folk you're just having a beer with.

i would have loved to have been out with bill hicks, but don't think i'd have lasted long at all. very sharp man and a sad loss to comedy.

haven't chewed the fat with mark thomas, but been on the peeve with the other two. both genuinely good blokes. rich hall NEVER has smokes though, so make sure you've got plenty hehe

shared a special cigarette with reg on more than 1 occasion. he's a sound bloke, really top notch. unfortunately has quite a few hangers on around him now, which isn't so good as he has often been "on" in their company, rather than the natural humour you get with folk you're just having a beer with.

Comedy groupie alert. Does anyone see the irony in the words in bold...? :smiley2:

Genius and so in your face about today's world we live in.

I thought he's been brown bread for quite some time?

Bill Hicks most definately,

The Best.

Tommy Tiernan would be a good laugh on the P*ss.

shaun.lawson
Richard Pryor.

Excellent call - but he's dead! Was never the same after that horrific freebasing incident many, many years ago, and he died in 2005. Brilliantly funny man though.

My selections would probably be Paul Merton, Frankie Boyle and Billy Connolly. Though I have a major crush on Lucy Porter too... :heartpump: Drink with those three; date with her. :2thumbsup:

Gigolo-Aunt
Excellent call - but he's dead! Was never the same after that horrific freebasing incident many, many years ago, and he died in 2005. Brilliantly funny man though.

My selections would probably be Paul Merton, Frankie Boyle and Billy Connolly. Though I have a major crush on Lucy Porter too... :heartpump: Drink with those three; date with her. :2thumbsup:

Is he dead? Aw man thats awful.

Comedy groupie alert. Does anyone see the irony in the words in bold...? :smiley2:

i met him, purely by chance before he became well known, and had no idea at the time he was a comedian.

i've known a lot of performers down the years who have become quite famous due the job i was doing at the time. hardly an irony.

if i had tried to become mates with people simply because they were famous THAT would be irony.

think before you speak please dear

Wouldn't have minded meeting Mark Twain. 100 years dead soon.

Billy Connolly, Peter Kay, Barry Took.

vic reeves and bob mortimer but from a good few years back when they were at their chaotic best. sheer insanity.

eric morcombe, leonard rossiter, spike milligan, michael palin, les dawson, billy connolly before he became an arsehole, paul merton, eddie murphy, gene wilder, richard pryor, stan laurel... all must have been or are a hoot to be in company with.

Billy Connolly would be great to have a pint with. Paul Merton aswell would be a good laugh. Wouldn't really class him as a comedian as much though.

Mike Wilmott (Canadian). The only comedian I have seen live who I completely lost it over. Sat there in hysterics the whole time, even when it was silent, just praying he wasn't gonna pick on me but unable to stop giggling. Wisnae even stoned either I don't think.

Gigolo-Aunt
vic reeves and bob mortimer but from a good few years back when they were at their chaotic best. sheer insanity.

eric morcombe, leonard rossiter, spike milligan, michael palin, les dawson, billy connolly before he became an arsehole, paul merton, eddie murphy, gene wilder, richard pryor, stan laurel... all must have been or are a hoot to be in company with.

Richard Pryors dead Ian - apparently died in 2005.

:qqb017:

Richard Pryors dead Ian - apparently died in 2005.

:qqb017:

indeed, so is stan laurel, eric morcome, spike milligan and leonard rossiter though. but i did say "must have been....great company".

Carl Fredrickson
Dylan Moran. A couple of glasses of red with him would be time well spent, I reckon.

As an aside: A few years ago my Grannie was waiting to cross at the traffic lights in Stockbridge. I was driving past, and gave her a wave. Moran was standing next to her at the lights, and saw me waving. I guess he thought I was waving at him, and he rolled his eyes in a 'oh no someone's spotted me, just leave me alone' kind of way.

:smiley2:

Met Dylan at the Dominion Cinema 2 years ago - took a couple fo minutes to chat to a total stranger whilst he waited on his friends. Very nice chap and very funny on stage too.

I would like to have a pint with Jason Byrne, Billy C or Michael McIntyre

Billy Connoly,i think would be hillarious .

I met Connolly about 12 years ago during the festival, a more self indulgent, unfunny, posturing, sanctimonious pain in the arse you will never meet.

Lenny Bruce who pushed open the door that many others followed is one I would have liked to share a drink with but sadly missed nonetheless and Harpo Marx was another who would have been great fun to be around

I met Connolly about 12 years ago during the festival, a more self indulgent, unfunny, posturing, sanctimonious pain in the arse you will never meet.

Agreed.

I woudn't mind a pint with Lee Evans.

Archived