Midfield minefield

Skacel's left boot

Skacel's left boot

With bruno departing on the back of the success of his new film (!) there is a space in the midfield, preferrably for someone with more than a little attacking flair.

At the moment we are fine with midfield numbers but who can fill the gap and who will start next season?

Mikey Stewart - possible captain, almost guaranteed a start.

Ruben Palazuelos - everytime he was out of the team we are guff. Coincidence? I think not.

Larry Kingston - Has the talent but is a lazy b@stard. Always injured.

Ian Black - not the most attacking player in the world. will he be a squad player at best?

Adrian Mrowiec - good to have in the squad but never a starter...surely?

Eggy Jonsson - Another promising squad player, but I worry he may go down the road of Kevin McKenna and completely forget what position he plays.

Big Dave Obua and Driver are exempt from this list cos we have no other wide players. The likes of Temps and our new pet Lith are too young and will take time to break through. IMO

Im not sure if we need to fill bruno's role.

If Csaba can bring in a striker or two we may be playing a 4-4-2 next season.

If we are playing a 4-5-1 then the only player with the ability to play in the hole is Larry Kingston but wether he is up to it or not is another question!

I dont see any other player playing there, It would have to be a new signing me thinks :)

Got a feeling that Kingston will take Bruno's place. Let's face it, he ain't a winger and always comes inside anyway.

If you give him the playmaker (No 10) position I think Csaba can get him to knuckle down and have a good season - he needs it in World Cup season to stay in the Ghana team.

However, if it's a new player then Jurado in the Spain U21's has looked not too bad

Archived