Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen

The Comedian

The Comedian

Well worth going to see, the best special effects i've seen at the cinema ever! It's up there with Star Trek and Terminator:Salvation as a great summer flick.

Anyone else seen this and enjoyed it?

maroonlegions

I am taking the wee man to see it but like him i cannae wait, sounds good and hopefully Bumble Bee lives cause my wee man adores him.:2thumbsup:

InNothingWeTrust

Terrible, terrible film. 2 1/2 hours of "let's cram in another robot fight scene cause we have cgi." Some of the cgi was poor, but the rest was damn good. Went on for way too long and it lost my attention regularly. I would still give it 3/5 as it was an exciting film.

Sir Sean was at Fountain Park tonight for some premiere apparently. Never saw him though.

The Comedian
Terrible, terrible film. 2 1/2 hours of "let's cram in another robot fight scene cause we have cgi." Some of the cgi was poor, but the rest was damn good. Went on for way too long and it lost my attention regularly. I would still give it 3/5 as it was an exciting film.

Sir Sean was at Fountain Park tonight for some premiere apparently. Never saw him though.

?

It was long but i was never bored. It's much like the first and is good entertainment.

Dean Winchester

What exactly did you expect from a movie based on a cartoon thats based on a toy line where the whole premise is robots fighting eachother?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I took the girlfriends wee boy to see it last night.

He loved it, I thought it was ok. Pretty much exactly as I expected.

A bit long at 2.5 hours though.

Terrible, terrible film. 2 1/2 hours of "let's cram in another robot fight scene cause we have cgi." Some of the cgi was poor, but the rest was damn good. Went on for way too long and it lost my attention regularly

Have to agree with piiidge on this one, except I'd say it was absolute garbage. The first one was better only because it was a shorter film. This kept going and going and going and going. I really think the original script was 30mins and thn they padded it out with more and more fights. CGI in this was great but the film was terrible.

One thing I really hated about this film, was the speed they can travel across vast distances, as though going between continents only took 5mins, i know it's about gigantic alien robots that disguise themselves as cars and there was no story at all, but that for some reason really bugged me as the film drew into it's 3rd day (at least it's how it felt!)

I'd give it 2/5 just because Megan Fox and CGI were the only two good things in it. It's a great example of what CGI can do in big budget films, but dunno why they don't put that effort and CGI techniques into better films!

Gerd Muller

Went to the cinema the other day and saw a trailer for this and it looked pish. Hate them type of movies.

The People's Chimp

I'd give it 2/5 just because Megan Fox and CGI were the only two good things in it. It's a great example of what CGI can do in big budget films, but dunno why they don't put that effort and CGI techniques into better films!

**** she's hot.

megan_fox_01.jpg

The first one was one of the worst films I've seen. Had to turn it off after 45 mins as I couldn't bare it any more.

Can't see this being any better.

rudi must stay
Well worth going to see, the best special effects i've seen at the cinema ever! It's up there with Star Trek and Terminator:Salvation as a great summer flick.

Anyone else seen this and enjoyed it?

i've seen it as well. I didn't expect it to but I enjoyed most of it, until the ending that was too quick and abit too predictable. Still, it's alot better than the first film IMO.

Went to the cinema the other day and saw a trailer for this and it looked pish. Hate them type of movies.

Wait till you see the GI Joe trailer.......

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Wait till you see the GI Joe trailer.......

Ha ha - seen it last night.

Looks terrible.

Just back from seeing it. Almost three hours of my life I'll never get back. :(

Saw the first one. Absolute murder. Have got out of having to sit through this one. Their mother drew the short straw this time.

Saw the first one. Absolute murder. Have got out of having to sit through this one. Their mother drew the short straw this time.

I really enjoyed the first one. I just got back from seeing the second this afternoon. It was OK in a dull and predictable sort of way. But my 12-year-old got a kick out of it, so that'll do me.

Saw the trailer for GI Joe. What a HOS. :hat2:

I really enjoyed the first one. I just got back from seeing the second this afternoon. It was OK in a dull and predictable sort of way. But my 12-year-old got a kick out of it, so that'll do me.

Saw the trailer for GI Joe. What a HOS. :hat2:

It's really rare I get out to see a film I actually want to watch. Whole thing is driven by the little barstewards. This summer is especially challenging. Every time you go, there's at least four trailers that they sit there going "Dad, Dad, we've got to see that."

Having said that, I thought Star Trek was brilliant!

In the first film, Optimus Prime said "my bad", my heart wept. I got in a bit of a debate (IIRC it got a lot more heated than I thought possible) about the first one when it came out and sadly I expect more of the same. Having said that, I will still probably go to the cinema to see it.

Michael Bay is not capable of making a good movie.

skyfulofscars

if it wasnt for megan fox and the cgi there'd be nothing to look at, but i suppose you cant expect an amazing plot in a transformers movie

Gavsy Van Gaverson
It's really rare I get out to see a film I actually want to watch. Whole thing is driven by the little barstewards. This summer is especially challenging. Every time you go, there's at least four trailers that they sit there going "Dad, Dad, we've got to see that."

Having said that, I thought Star Trek was brilliant!

Agreed.

I'm not much of a Star Trek fan but the latest film is top notch.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. Its a film about robots ffs! Its like people went in with expectations of seeing a deep and meaningful movie!

jamboinglasgow
In the first film, Optimus Prime said "my bad", my heart wept. I got in a bit of a debate (IIRC it got a lot more heated than I thought possible) about the first one when it came out and sadly I expect more of the same. Having said that, I will still probably go to the cinema to see it.

well as the song in Team America goes "Why does michael bay get to keep on making movies?"

I did enjoy the previous movie but it did annoy me that Optimus prime was, well a bit rubbish. Not in terms of fighting but he seemed too over-eager to die, every line he had almost seemed to be "I will sacrifice myself" which is noble and fine saying it once but it just sounds like he is depressed and wants to end it all. i want him to be Noble but sort of kick-ass as well.

Ryan Gosling

The Rock is pretty damn good. And I love Bad Boys 2. It's so black, fool.

:2thumbsup:

Of the summer movies, the one I am anticipating most is Public Enemies.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Looks class.

same. looks proper dope :2thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

I took my 10 year old yesterday to see it.

It's a decent enough film, yes it lacks plot and deep characters but it certainly grabs the attention and entertains.

The wee man thought it was 'amazing' so as far as that goes he's the only critic that counts.

How often does everybody go to see films? We go at least once a month and probably more during the holiday periods. There's some brilliant cinemas out here now - they've tried to return to the old idea of making it a real experience instead of a rubbish pit where your feet stick to the carpet, the screen is scratched and the sound system is dreadful.

People come out front and introduce the films, there's no commercials and mobile phones are banned. You can even take a drink in to the evening performances.

No, no and yes!

Public Enemies looks great, that and Inglourious Basterds look tremendous.

slashishere
How often does everybody go to see films? We go at least once a month and probably more during the holiday periods. There's some brilliant cinemas out here now - they've tried to return to the old idea of making it a real experience instead of a rubbish pit where your feet stick to the carpet, the screen is scratched and the sound system is dreadful.

People come out front and introduce the films, there's no commercials and mobile phones are banned. You can even take a drink in to the evening performances.

was going to ask where, but then I noticed your profile.

Do Americans whoop during films though?? Or is that just a 'television' thing?

was going to ask where, but then I noticed your profile.

Do Americans whoop during films though?? Or is that just a 'television' thing?

They don't really react any differently to stuff than back home. Late night films tend to be a wee bit more boisterous, obviously. And there's a nice trait of seriously applauding a good film over the credits.

Craig-Section Z

Its awesome.

Not going to win any Oscars but then i dont think they set out. The CGI is unreal, LaBeouf is good, the soundtrack fits and for a film thats 150 mins long it certainly didnt drag at any point.

I am already excited for number 3!!

Archived