Apologies if already posted

Jambos1983

Just on the radio. Frail is in charge till the end of the season.

Means one of 4 things really.

1. Were getting McGhee but not till the end of the season.

2. We're having trouble getting ANYONE

3. We're getting Frail once he's got his pro licence

4. Mr Romanov was lying to us and will continue to do so until we've renewed our season tickets and therafter appoint some Cold War veteran 3 days before the season starts again.

What it does mean FOR SURE is we cant enter the Intertoto.

Commander Harris
Mark McGhee for manager in the Summer then ?

if that turns out to be the case then I can accept frail until then.

cue a lot of doom and gloom from the weary willies, about vlad lying to us etc.

not wholly surprised tbh, as this season imho has been written off.

if, and its a BIG if, it means we use the time to get the right man, then i can accept that.

but if it just means they put off looking until the summer then thats a disaster. :sad:

Fingers crossed we have someone lined up for the summer. I've not seen anything official on the hearts site yet though

Guest GhostHunter

Hang About.

How can Frail remain in charge past March when he hasnt got his full licence ?

I thought FIFA or whatever guidelines stated a caretaker could only be in charge for 12 weeks ?

Commander Harris
Hang About.

I thought FIFA or whatever guidelines stated a caretaker could only be in charge for 12 weeks ?

it would just mean we can't enter european competition that season, I think.

If it is true then:

1. I am not suprised.

2. The club need to come out and say so on the website and re-assure fans that we are still in the process of appointing a proper manager by the end of the season and before pre-season.

If they don not I will be slightly worried.

Not really a great surprise, just hope they get somebody in early enough that the squad can be assessed and the dross cleared out before next season.

chester copperpot
Hang About.

Good point, cant say I'm surprised.

Not too bothered about Frail, but honestly think that Romanov is taking us all for a bunch of mugs.

Commander Harris
If it is true then:

1. I am not suprised.

2. The club need to come out and say so on the website and re-assure fans that we are still in the process of appointing a proper manager by the end of the season and before pre-season.

If they don not I will be slightly worried.

that would be my thoughts, If this is indeed the case we NEED to hear assurances from the club as to why this is the case.

there is still no evidence to suggest we'll ever get a proper manager imo

if Frail performs to an acceptable level, he'll get the gig.

if not - Ivanauskas mk II

Mark McGhee for manager in the Summer then ?

I certainly hope so DEX. I cant see ANY other good scenario from this announcement.

Guest GhostHunter

A complete lack of intent being displayed then.

We have no chance of making automatic UEFA cup spot if he insists on playing Duds like Clum.

The best plan would be to go for Intertattie and take it from there.

Typical Hearts.

It was on Radio Forth but it was a bit odd - it was just mentioned in passing, not reported as a decision. Think it may have been a mistake.

A complete lack of intent being displayed then.

We have no chance of making automatic UEFA cup spot if he insists on playing Duds like Clum.

The best plan would be to go for Intertattie and take it from there.

Typical Hearts.

Dex, you know fine well we can qualify for Europe with an unqualified boss, we just can't play in it.

Besides, the club's preferred target isn't available until the summer anyway.

Guest GhostHunter
Dex, you know fine well we can qualify for Europe with an unqualified boss, we just can't play in it.

Bah Humbug

That exhaustive search must have looked in the one corridor frail was in at the time

He's done a fairly awful job given the assets he has

completely underwhelmed and I personally dont think this means they have a new man lined up

It would be highly unwise to just wait till the summer without the "preferred target" indicating he would be willing to takeover in the summer.

So, can I assume this has happened?

That exhaustive search must have looked in the one corridor frail was in at the time

completely underwhelmed and I personally dont think this means they have a new man lined up

There's more evidence to suggest we're not getting a new manager, than there is that we are.

I think the only reason most people think (hope) we will is out of desperation more than anything.

chester copperpot
It would be highly unwise to just wait till the summer without the "preferred target" indicating he would be willing to takeover in the summer.

You can assume all you want, as no one knows what the feck the loons going to do next.

I've maintained all along I didn't think a manager would be announced this season, and it wont be done over the summer till the ST sales are going well, if at all.

I think we can enter the UEFA cup if we qualify. Provided we have a manager in place when our name is entered by the SFA.(after the season is finished)

What it does mean is that we cant enter the Intertoto, because the SFA have already said we wouldnt be accepted without a qualified manager in place by 31st March. Thats short-sighted IMO

Good point, cant say I'm surprised.

Not too bothered about Frail, but honestly think that Romanov is taking us all for a bunch of mugs.

Very truthfull last statement. What you see is what we get. We maust be the only club in existence that take weeks to interview potential candidates, then we go and sign another no name waister who hasnt got a clue. Romanov is taking us all for a bunch of mugs and sadly he may be right.

Depending on who you believe. The man himself would not confirm it at this moment publicly you'd assume. However various people I would class as 'skeptics' on this board seems to have heard stories in the positive about this. So take that for whatcha will.

Guest GhostHunter

The issue I have with the "wait till the summer" scenario...is that Manager A plays a blinder to the end of the season with his current club, and either 1)decides to stay, or 2)head hunted by a bigger club.

And there is no chance Hearts are sufficiently savvy enough to have him signed on a "Pre" already.

This way, if true, is just screaming "Well we tried, but he decided to go elsewhere/stay"

As I said, bloody typical of Hearts just now. Promise us the world, deliver us a mouldy cup of tea.

I'm wondering if Motherwell's recent "dip" in results is because McGhee knows he's leaving, and the Motherwell players also know ?

Will be VERY intersting to see how we do when we next play them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I really hate taking the bate but I have to here.

Why do you think he has done an awful job? What fecking assets do we have? The only asset has been in Africa since Frail got the gig!

I'm by no means Frails biggest fan but you can't deny he has made a massive improvement compared to the shambles we were.

You can assume all you want, as no one knows what the feck the loons going to do next.

I've maintained all along I didn't think a manager would be announced this season, and it wont be done over the summer till the ST sales are going well, if at all.

Believe me, I never really felt we'd appoint a real manager either.

Just saying the ONLY justification behind this is that the "preferred target" has indicated he'd be willing to do the job.

I expect us to wait till the summer, offer the job to the "preferred target" and for him to turn us down and then we'll be back to square one again and probably give Frail the gig full time, beyond this season.

The issue I have with the "wait till the summer" scenario...is that Manager A plays a blinder to the end of the season with his current club, and either 1)decides to stay, or 2)head hunted by a bigger club.

And there is no chance Hearts are sufficiently savvy enough to have him signed on a "Pre" already.

This way, if true, is just screaming "Well we tried, but he decided to go elsewhere/stay"

As I said, bloody typical of Hearts just now. Promise us the world, deliver us a mouldy cup of tea.

Even if we've got McGhee on a "gentlemans agreement" we'd better hope WSG keeps his job or he'll dump us quick as look at us.

Not really a great surprise, just hope they get somebody in early enough that the squad can be assessed and the dross cleared out before next season.

Hope is what the regime is preying on. Watch for some more veiled hints and faint promises of players to come around season ticket renewal time, and then ... more of the same rotten treatment of the subscribers and fans.

Cynical rubbish.

The wait till the summer scenario would be ridiculous without some sort of agreement in place, gentlemans or otherwise.

Think Vlad has taken stock after seeing a reasonable crowd at the Gretna game.

He's probably decided that his weasel words have done the magic again.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I just hope he is in charge!!! :P

chester copperpot
Believe me, I never really felt we'd appoint a real manager either.

Just saying the ONLY justification behind this is that the "preferred target" has indicated he'd be willing to do the job.

I expect us to wait till the summer, offer the job to the "preferred target" and for him to turn us down and then we'll be back to square one again and probably give Frail the gig full time, beyond this season.

Exactly what I think too, although the timing of Stevie getting the gig will involve the ST deadline passing, you can mark my words.

Really hope Im wrong though.

Hope is what the regime is preying on. Watch for some more veiled hints and faint promises of players to come around season ticket renewal time, and then ... more of the same rotten treatment of the subscribers and fans.

Cynical rubbish.

The simple answer is NOT to renew until the promise is delivered this time.

Thats what I'll be doing.

So we get fed the expected rubbish news about Frail but folk still badger on about McGhee?

We ain't getting a manager with integrity any time soon.

Cynical rubbish.

I hope somebody decent is appointed in the summer.

But I wonder how many of us thought back in January that the announcement meant we would be waiting until the close season at the earliest for a manager to be appointed. Not many, I suspect.

The possible scenarios have already been mentioned. None of them sounds acceptable apart from the manager-already-in-work one, i.e. McGhee.

Will the club update the support on the quest for a manager?

Before we go on to twenty pages. Can anyone corroborate having heard this ?

Archived