Universitatea Craiova have Csaba in Their Sights

SectionDJambo

SectionDJambo

Haven't seen this posted, apologies if it has been,

Universitatea Craiova who finished 7th in the Romanian liga 1, narrowly missing out on Europa league only on goal difference, think Csaba is an ideal replacement for their recently departed manager.

Craiova see Csaba as an excellent target with his romanian heritage, and good record. Csaba however is 2nd choice to another coach called Ovidiu Sabău who wants 500,000Euros a year. They see Csaba as a manager within their budget at around 200,000Euros

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/surpriza-din-scotia-pentru-banca-stiintei-4551610

Surely a step down for Csaba???

Buffalo Bill

Having read about his escape, I think Romania is the last place Csaba would want to go back to.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow

It would be an odd move for Csaba if he went, going from a team in the Europa league to one that missed out, Romania and Scotland are not too different leagues.

To me it sounds too much like a sideways move for Csaba.

Ryan Gosling

Would be an odd move to go somewhere without Europe, and where he would be paid less money.

It's a nothing story. Csaba's of Romanian stock. He's done well in his 1st season in Scotland. A Romanian club are looking for a new manager. It's pretty obvious that Csaba will be linked. No chance of him going there imo.

heartsfc_fan
Haven't seen this posted, apologies if it has been,

Universitatea Craiova who finished 7th in the Romanian liga 1, narrowly missing out on Europa league only on goal difference, think Csaba is an ideal replacement for their recently departed manager.

Craiova see Csaba as an excellent target with his romanian heritage, and good record. Csaba however is 2nd choice to another coach called Ovidiu Sabău who wants 500,000Euros a year. They see Csaba as a manager within their budget at around 200,000Euros

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/surpriza-din-scotia-pentru-banca-stiintei-4551610

Surely a step down for Csaba???

Isn't Csaba on about ?300,000 a year here?

A non-story.

Isn't Csaba on about ?300,000 a year here?

A non-story.

No, he is on around ?200,000, slightly more than 200,000 euros.

Nucky Thompson

Romanian League:****: Any player or manager with a bit ambition would rather be in the SPL where you are more likely to get noticed by the big boys down south.

Nucky Thompson
No, he is on around ?200,000, slightly more than 200,000 euros.
A wee bit more than slightly going by the pounds recovery in the last month. ?1 = 1.18 euro and rising daily.

dkmmgcycbwc

From the way he always sresses his Hungarian background he doesn't show much sign of feeling a strong bond with Romania.

SectionDJambo
Having read about his escape, I think Romania is the last place Csaba would want to go back to.

This is what I thought initially, however I sense that Romania would have changed slightly in 25 years.

If the money was right (which it isn't) and the club was in a good position (which Craiova aren't) then it may be have been an option for him, however this time around, Csaba should feel quite comfortable about knocking them back. :10900:

boabyarsebiscuit
It would be an odd move for Csaba if he went, going from a team in the Europa league to one that missed out, Romania and Scotland are not too different leagues.

Interesting comparison, actually. Romania has seen the emergence of smaller clubs getting big "new money" cash investments and doing very well. There was FC Cluj who were not disgraced in the CL Groups, and a team managed by Dan Petrescu with a 7,000 capacity stadium has just won the League (straight into CL Groups). There does seem to be some cash sloshing around, Dan Petrescu won't come cheap.

To me it sounds too much like a sideways move for Csaba.

I definitely agree. However there's no doubt Uni Craiova management could market the job as one aimed at Champions League qualification with the proper investment. I don't think Csaba Laszlo will go there. But the interesting thing is that it seems clubs far and wide have him on their radar. With continued progress at Hearts, Csaba Laszlo will continue to interest clubs, and ultimately one might be a good fit in Csaba's eyes (i.e. a lower level Bundesliga team, like a Bochum or a Karlsruher).

Looking at the results in Europe and players they have I'd say Romanian league is stronger than the SPL. Well at least it's definitely much more competitive, with many teams capable winning the league and the bottom 8 able to surprise the top 10 any time.

The SPL is only better in their management and of course it's easier to go to EPL/Championship from Scotland or be noticed by other top European clubs.

I sense a Bazza Anderson exclusive soon in the EEN

No they are too busy filling their rag with stories about what "Yogi" is going to do to transform the "Flair Team" and how he is going to spend his 50p transfer budget.

Archived