U.S Open

H.A.N.S

Still hurting from Perry chucking it when I was on at 66s in the Masters but looking at the U.S Open there are a few standout bets for me. Backing Sabbatini. Excellent in length of his shots, handy for such a big course, not to mention one of the best putters around.

I am backing him in the following market:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/g/7882/Top-Rest-Of-The-World-Player.html

Basically he's just playing against these guys at 16/1 and 1/5 the odds for him being in the first four. Looks an excellent bet.

Still hurting from Perry chucking it when I was on at 66s in the Masters but looking at the U.S Open there are a few standout bets for me. Backing Sabbatini. Excellent in length of his shots, handy for such a big course, not to mention one of the best putters around.

I am backing him in the following market:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betting/g/7882/Top-Rest-Of-The-World-Player.html

Basically he's just playing against these guys at 16/1 and 1/5 the odds for him being in the first four. Looks an excellent bet.

Also backed him at 110/1 to win outright.

Optimus Prime

I've got money on the following each way:

C. Villegas 40/1

A. Romero 150/1

T. Clark 66/1

R. Sabbatini 80/1

A. Kim 66/1

Sabbatini - ?2.50 e.w @ 110/1

Dustin Johnson - ?1.25 e.w @ 100/1

Nick Watney - ?1.25 e.w @ 90/1

To win there 3 balls today..just gambling on the outsiders.

?10 Cabrera 4/1 ( vs Woods and harrington,good odds for a 3ball, hoping Woods has his normal first round slow start)

?10 Adam Scott 7/2 ( vs Garcia and Villegas)

To win the whole thing. Woods. But im waiting till after the first round, when I expect he'll be a few shots back and further odds than the crappy 2/1 you can get now.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Jeev Milkha Singh - 150/1 to win.

Sounds a long shot but he is a very consistent top ten finisher and is in good form. Obviously an each way bet would make more sense but you never know.

?10 Cabrera 4/1 ( vs Woods and harrington,good odds for a 3ball, hoping Woods has his normal first round slow start)

To win the whole thing. Woods. But im waiting till after the first round, when I expect he'll be a few shots back and further odds than the crappy 2/1 you can get now.

Cabrera and Woods both at +3 after 16. Cabrera just missed an 8footer for birdie which would have put my bet on target. His tee shot at the par 3 17th has left him a birdie chance though:2thumbsup:

Midloth_Iain

First round match betting (and I have no idea how its going as I am still at work, so updates would be nice) :10900:

Treble :

Rose/O'Hair/Fisher

Mahan/Wilson/Snedeker

Duval/Toms/Clarke

Outright, I have a few minimal e/w bets on :

Kenny Perry (50's)

Tim Clark (66's)

Ben Crane (125's) :hat2:

First round match betting (and I have no idea how its going as I am still at work, so updates would be nice) :10900:

Treble :

Rose/O'Hair/Fisher

Mahan/Wilson/Snedeker

Duval/Toms/Clarke

Outright, I have a few minimal e/w bets on :

Kenny Perry (50's)

Tim Clark (66's)

Ben Crane (125's) :hat2:

Your match bets are all late starters, the only group out is the Toms one, who have played one hole. Toms(-1), Duval(ev), Clarke(+2)

Right. What happens If your Match bettings end in a draw? It says on Betfair that in the case of a tie, deadheat rules will apply. But Can't find what the deadheat rules are? anyone know anything about it?

Say What Again
Right. What happens If your Match bettings end in a draw? It says on Betfair that in the case of a tie, deadheat rules will apply. But Can't find what the deadheat rules are? anyone know anything about it?

I would have thought that a draw meant you lost your bet - just like football (or virtually any other sports bet).

If I bet Man United to beat Liverpool and it finishes 1-1, I lose.

Be surprised if the golf is any different.

I would have thought that a draw meant you lost your bet - just like football (or virtually any other sports bet).

If I bet Man United to beat Liverpool and it finishes 1-1, I lose.

Be surprised if the golf is any different.

But theres no market to bet a tie, I don';t think they'd be allowed to get away with that one. Because if that was the case everyone who had money on this particular match would have lost.

Midloth_Iain

Corals suggest that the "dead heat" rule applies and define it as follows:

Dead Heat Rule

In the event of a dead heat for first place in a race or event, the win stake of any bet on one of the selections involved in the dead heat is divided by the number of dead heaters and multiplied by the full win odds to calculate the return. Therefore, for example, a ?10 bet at 6/1 on a horse that dead heats with one other horse for first place, is paid at the rate of ?5 at 6/1, giving a total return of ?35. The remainder of the stake money is lost.

In the case of an each way bet, where a dead heat causes there to be more selections placed than the number of places on which we are paying, the number of selections dead heating is divided by the number of places available. The place stake of the bet is divided by this number and then multiplied by the full place odds to calculate the returns.

Say What Again
But theres no market to bet a tie, I don';t think they'd be allowed to get away with that one. Because if that was the case everyone who had money on this particular match would have lost.

Ahh, I didn't realise there was no draw market.

Corals suggest that the "dead heat" rule applies and define it as follows:

Dead Heat Rule

I got ?15 winnings from it..?25 total. I presume they took there cut out of it aswell.lol

Ahh well ?5 profit guaranteed, with a bet still riding on Adam Scott to win his match. :2thumbsup: Will stick some money on a potential overal winner before the end of the days play.

Just got in and see that Adam Scott won his 3 ball:2thumbsup: so won 1.5 of the two bets.

Going to stick ?15 on Furyk @13/8 (vs Ogilvy and Casey) for tomorrows round.

Got ?15 on Mickelson to win the lot @ 11s

What happened to the scoring? When I was watching a couple made it to -2 before falling back, -1 seemed a brilliant score. And now five and six unders are being posted. The guys who were first out in the first round have definately had a massive disadvantage so far.

Should be an interesting weekend, more rain forecast for tomorrow though:nah:

Turning into a very strange Tournament. Very hard to pick a winner now. That boy Barnes the leader was 6 clear, but is really toiling now. I don't think he's going to have the bottle to hang on. Glover in second place had a few dodgy holes but might be set for back to back birdies, so half expecting him to catch Barnes by the end of the 3rd/ begining of the 4th round But there will be question marks over his ability to win it if he's leading with 9holes to go tomorrow. The rest of the field are starting to bunch between even and -3. Woods(+1) and Mickelson(-1) have made a couple of birdies in the last couple of holes but they might have left it too late? Hope not, would love these two to go on a charge.

Turning into a very strange Tournament. Very hard to pick a winner now. That boy Barnes the leader was 6 clear, but is really toiling now. I don't think he's going to have the bottle to hang on. Glover in second place had a few dodgy holes but might be set for back to back birdies, so half expecting him to catch Barnes by the end of the 3rd/ begining of the 4th round But there will be question marks over his ability to win it if he's leading with 9holes to go tomorrow. The rest of the field are starting to bunch between even and -3. Woods(+1) and Mickelson(-1) have made a couple of birdies in the last couple of holes but they might have left it too late? Hope not, would love these two to go on a charge.

Think one of the top two will defo win it.

Either to win works out about 1/2 for anyone wanting to lump.

Think one of the top two will defo win it.

Either to win works out about 1/2 for anyone wanting to lump.

Glover seems to have recovered now and is playing some decent stuff, Barnes played some horrendous shots at times and really got away with it by escaping with bogeys, he also seems to have gotten over his blip but I can see him capitulating tomorrow.

It wouldn't surprise me if the winning score is around -4/-5

Get in there Mickelson, what a putt on the 18th. Gets him in with a shout at -2. Got him at 11s, wish I had taken him when he was further out now.

Tomorrows last round will be a good one, with the big names chasing the inexperienced leaders :2thumbsup:

Glover seems to have recovered now and is playing some decent stuff, Barnes played some horrendous shots at times and really got away with it by escaping with bogeys, he also seems to have gotten over his blip but I can see him capitulating tomorrow.

It wouldn't surprise me if the winning score is around -4/-5

Get in there Mickelson, what a putt on the 18th. Gets him in with a shout at -2. Got him at 11s, wish I had taken him when he was further out now.

Tomorrows last round will be a good one, with the big names chasing the inexperienced leaders :2thumbsup:

If you want ?70 bet ?80 on Barnes at 15/8 and ?80 on Glover at 5/2.

Win ?70 if Barnes wins and ?120 for Glover.

Ive just layed Barnes @ 3/1 liable for ?99.

Barnes and Glover could chuck this here. Both +2 through 5.

Barnes is definately not going to win it. I know he's still ahead, but he's looking like bogeying every single hole.

Glover might have a bit more about him, but will still be interesting to see how he copes coming down the back 9 in the lead as I expect he will be. Hunter Mahan's playing some decent stuff. An 18 hole play-off aswell might bekon for anyone who can get in at -2 or -3.

Mickelson needs to pull his finger out.

Say What Again

Barnes is currently 7/1 with Paddy Power.

Granted he's struggling a bit but he's still tied for the lead and 3 shots clear of the rest.

I'm tempted to have ?10 on him.

Say What Again
Barnes is currently 7/1 with Paddy Power.

Granted he's struggling a bit but he's still tied for the lead and 3 shots clear of the rest.

I'm tempted to have ?10 on him.

I assume he's in trouble as BBC still show him as joint leader at -5, but he's just jumped to 11/1 from 7/1 in the betting.

Barnes has chucked it, 4 over for the round and is only 7 holes through.

yesterday I thought -5 or -4 would win it. earlier -3.but now -2 might be the score to beat here, There might not be birdies and eagles going in everywhere but I find this kind of last round golf really entertaining. Superb stuff:2thumbsup:

Barnes is now +6 for his round :rifle:

Glover leads by two from Mickelson, Mahan, Fisher and Barnes.

Exciting stuff

Mickelson's looking good now:2thumbsup:

Eagle chance.

Even money fav now

Even money fav now

I should think about laying him, I was on @11/1 ?15. I could lay him at evens for ?80 and be guaranteed ?80 either way.. But will let it roll and have an exciting couple of hours:stuart:

I'll win ?33 from the fact Barnes blew it anyway:2thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Mickleson can only lose this himself. Everyone else is going backwards. Will be quite amazing if he pulls this out with all that is going on with his wife. Good luck to him. :2thumbsup:

I should think about laying him, I was on @11/1 ?15. I could lay him at evens for ?80 and be guaranteed ?80 either way.. But will let it roll and have an exciting couple of hours:stuart:

I'll win ?33 from the fact Barnes blew it anyway:2thumbsup:

I bottled it, Just layed him @11/10. So roughly guaranteed ?80 regardless of how he finishes.

Been a good Us open in the end:10900:

If Barnes wins it from here Im going to be spewing.

Would be some story for David Duval if he manages to win it, Fingers crossed for Mickelson though, would love to see him do it. Probably be awhile before he's playing golf again.

Am I alone in my strong dislike of Phil Mickelson? Love to slap him about his goofy face. :smiley2:

No.I do not like him as well.No reason other than he has cost us money in the past with stupid missed putts from a couple of feet.:rifle:

No.I do not like him as well.No reason other than he has cost us money in the past with stupid missed putts from a couple of feet.:rifle:

I have no particular reason for disliking him. I just do. :smiley2:

I have no particular reason for disliking him. I just do. :smiley2:

I'm the exact same. Everybody says that he is a really nice guy but I just think that he looks like a useless, big wet drip..............

Totally irrational I know but he just bugs me.

Nerves were worth more than ?120.

Archived