Can The Team That Is In 7th Place...

bobskeldon

at the split qualify for Europe? If this is the case where there is only a few points separating positions 3-7, there is theoretically more chance of a European place by finishing 7th i.e. team in 7th plays teams 8-12, teams 3-6 play each other plus the Ugly Sisters!

at the split qualify for Europe? If this is the case where there is only a few points separating positions 3-7, there is theoretically more chance of a European place by finishing 7th i.e. team in 7th plays teams 8-12, teams 3-6 play each other plus the Ugly Sisters!

your joking arent you?

Once you're in the bottom six, you're stuck in the bottom six. 7th place, however, would be enough for an Intertoto Cup place as long as no-one who finishes higher applies.

your joking arent you?

Am I joking about what? I am not suggesting Hearts try and finish 7th. This is a genuine question regarding FINAL positions and European places.

The highest that any team can finish in the league will be 7th if they do not make the top 6 split, regardless of how many points they pick up after the split.

If we were 7th at the split and then won all our games and got say for example 60 points.

And the 6th placed team got pumped after the spilt and got 52 points say.

the league would read

5th 59 points

6th 52 points

7th 60 points

8th 45 points

Well thats how it happens on Fottie Manager

Am I joking about what? I am not suggesting Hearts try and finish 7th. This is a genuine question regarding FINAL positions and European places.

No Bob.

I'm sure it happened last season where Falkirk finished on more points than Hibs but Hibs still finished 6th and Falkirk 7th.

It's a nonsense and people all across Europe must be laughing at us when they see the final league placings.

If we were 7th at the split and then won all our games and got say for example 60 points.

And the 6th placed team got pumped after the spilt and got 52 points say.

the league would read

5th 59 points

6th 52 points

7th 60 points

8th 45 points

Well thats how it happens on Fottie Manager

That's how it's happened nearly every season since the split began!!

But maybe because we usually finish in the top 6, they'll give us the European place!! :P

Maybe I just don't understand the question or maybe it's the Daftest Question Ever asked! :)

No Bob.

I'm sure it happened last season where Falkirk finished on more points than Hibs but Hibs still finished 6th and Falkirk 7th.

It's a nonsense and people all across Europe must be laughing at us when they see the final league placings.

The league split IS a nonsense...We all agree, But because you get more points by playing the BOTTOM 6 clubs, than you do Playing the TOP 6 Clubs doesn't mean you should move into the Top 6, Otherwise there'd be no point in the Split!! ;)

Yes, they can - they can win the Scottish Cup, Champions League or UEFA cup, and qualify that way(assuming UEFA currently allow the winners of the latter two automatic qualification).

The league split IS a nonsense...We all agree, But because you get more points by playing the BOTTOM 6 clubs, than you do Playing the TOP 6 Clubs doesn't mean you should move into the Top 6, Otherwise there'd be no point in the Split!! ;)

I'm not suggesting teams should.

:)

No Bob.

Yup, the league split is a nonsense. It creates inequality, which is totally unfair in a league competition.

In mitigation, at least this inequality is a result of an attempt to solve an organisational problem, as opposed to grabbing as much money as possible around the world.

I think it was mooted at the time the split first happened that if we manage to get more UEFA Cup spaces, the team who finish 7th would qualify for the UEFA Cup. (Which is complete bollocks if you ask me...)

But as we still only have 2 UEFA Cup spots, these go to 3rd and SFA Cup winners.

you could end up with more points than the team who wins the league and still finish 7th.

the split is just another embarassment in a long line for scottish football

I think it was mooted at the time the split first happened that if we manage to get more UEFA Cup spaces, the team who finish 7th would qualify for the UEFA Cup. (Which is complete bollocks if you ask me...)

But as we still only have 2 UEFA Cup spots, these go to 3rd and SFA Cup winners.

possibly 4th in the league if one of the top 3 win it, as beaten finalists dont qualify, hows this for a scenario hibs reach cup final to play celtic, we finish 4th, celtic beat hibs and we qualify for europe, or do you think celtic would help their bretherin

Bob I asked cos I wasnt sure if you were being serious.

To allow a team who has played bottom 6 teams for the last 5games to finish above teams who played top 6 teams for the last 5 would be mental.

I was also worried its the reason Frail gave you for playing Elliot ;)

Archived