Velicka interested in Viking move

StrikersInstinct

chester copperpot

If Hearts were to benefit from the sale of Velicka for, say, ?2M, then I'd bite their hand off.

The simple fact is we wont, so would prefer to keep the only striker we have that seems capable of scoring at the club.

If the price is good I would normally not object, but when we are in the situation that we have no-one else who can score, this would be crazy. If he hits the twenty goal mark, then we will beenfit from the goals and Hearts/Kaunas/Vlad/UKIO will benfit from an increase in his value.

The season is fecked anyway - if Viking come in with ?2m+, we'd be silly to not let him go...rather, Kaunas would be silly to not let him go.

Actually, come to mention it, is he still on loan, or has he been sneaked in the back door on a Hearts contract ?

We will know if he is being sold for sure if he signs a contract with us.

I believe vlad would get more for him being a hearts player as he would him being a kaunas player,as daft as that sounds.

We will know if he is being sold for sure if he signs a contract with us.

I believe vlad would get more for him being a hearts player as he would him being a kaunas player,as daft as that sounds.

I think that is Vlad's philosophy too, that is why our players go via Kaunas, as they buy them cheap, loan then sell to Hearts for minimal cost, then the value increases with the sell money going in one big pot which the UBIG group use for their footballing division.

We gain in some respects and lose in others.

****** knows, Dexter.

There is a chap from Lithuania who posts on the EEN page. He reckons that Handy Andy is still a Kaunas player but had his contract upgraded at the start of the season.

The chap has been spot on with his info in the past.

You seriously believe he is from Lithuania??? Hobo on the wind up mate :cool:

The People's Chimp
I just don't see the sense in this. Norway?!

If Velicka wanted to move then surely there will be a queue of Chapiomship club ready to take him for big money. Maybe even one or two Premiership?

He is a top drawer SPL striker.

Buffalo Bill

Indeed. Norway? WTF?

Um, how come their transfer window closes at the end of next month.... is the January one not Euro wide?

Remember when O'Connor was sold to Moscow?? Not every league in Europe starts and stops at the same time, which means that clubs can still buy players.

bilston angel
I guess he is looking for a contract at Hearts rather than Kaunas and this is an effort to try to move things along with Vladimir. Not sure it is the right way to approach things though with Vlad!

He deserves a contract at Hearts given his effort to get fit and the goals he has scored for us.

I agree with you entirely, the crux of the matter is money and I think he has no intention of leaving Hearts, unless Vlad decides otherwise. This is a ploy to put pressure on Vlad to give him a better contract, remember at the start of the season him and another two players were sent back to Lithunia only to be brought back fairly quickly (pep talk from Vlad maybe?) that was all about money.

However a little word of advice to him though, tread very carefully with that man, a bout of Vlad flu might strike suddenly, he is still very much in charge!

Disaster if it happens

our best striker by a mile and being a Kaunas player

we wouldn't see any of the money

if they do sell him then it proves Vlad's plans for Hearts

are purely for personal financial gain and not for the good of the club

This pretty much sums it up for me.

scored plenty of goals v The Old Squirm and Hibs

our best player this season

worth a 5 year contract for his second at Parkhead alone

Be interesting to see what happens with this one. Could be a real eyeopener re VR and his "plans".

Archived