tropical fish?

forrester_jambo

forrester_jambo

anyone else keep these? or am i alone! lol would love to hear what tank you have , fish etc.:10900:

i have a 180l marine tank. 2 clown fish, regal tang, purple dottyback, hermit crab and 2 blood shrimp

forrester_jambo
i have a 180l marine tank. 2 clown fish, regal tang, purple dottyback, hermit crab and 2 blood shrimp

i have a roma 125,large plec,3 sharks,2 3 spot gouramis 2 bumble bee catfish

Gorgiewave
i have a roma 125,large plec,3 sharks,2 3 spot gouramis 2 bumble bee catfish

Pictures would be nice.

And some description of the whole business for the uninitiated.:2thumbsup:

aitcheeayartees

i had crabs once!

wee fresh water ones, called vic an bob!:10900:

forrester_jambo
Pictures would be nice.

And some description of the whole business for the uninitiated.:2thumbsup:

duno how u put pics up m8

Gorgiewave
duno how u put pics up m8

Any clue then about what the tropical fishkeeper gets from it all.

I had a few goldfish from the shows, I fear it's not the same.

Is it the colours, finding something unusual or what?

My grandpa was into tropical fish for a while but before I was born.

forrester_jambo
Any clue then about what the tropical fishkeeper gets from it all.

I had a few goldfish from the shows, I fear it's not the same.

Is it the colours, finding something unusual or what?

My grandpa was into tropical fish for a while but before I was born.

for me there are a few things, different types of fish, the way your tank establishes itself naturaly, and the size of the fish to when u first buy them to they are now i just love it!

Ive got a 50 gallon Marine tank, with a couple of clowns, gobie and pistol shrimp, pepermint shrimp and some corals. Its still not fully matured probably about 6 - 8 months old.

Gorgiewave
Ive got a 50 gallon Marine tank, with a couple of clowns, gobie and pistol shrimp, pepermint shrimp and some corals. Its still not fully matured probably about 6 - 8 months old.

for me there are a few things, different types of fish, the way your tank establishes itself naturaly, and the size of the fish to when u first buy them to they are now i just love it!

Is this an expensive hobby tropical fishkeeping? Does it need a lot of expertise or is it like having a cat?

Dean Winchester
If you have a cat, it's a ggood idea to buy some fish and keep them in a well-secured tank.

Cats'll watch it for hours. It's like their very own version of Big Brother.

Until the day they pounce.... As I found out when arriving home from school one day :10900:

Say What Again
Cats'll watch it for hours. It's like their very own version of Big Brother.

I've got 2 cats and only one of them would watch it for hours - the other, the ginger *******, would not rest until he'd either knocked the tank over spilling gallons of water and the fish all over the floor, or equipped his self in full scuba gear and launched his kitty ass into the tank.

In fact, he'd probably do the latter without the scuba gear.

Gorgiewave
I've got 2 cats and only one of them would watch it for hours - the other, the ginger *******, would not rest until he'd either knocked the tank over spilling gallons of water and the fish all over the floor, or equipped his self in full scuba gear and launched his kitty ass into the tank.

In fact, he'd probably do the latter without the scuba gear.

Probably shagging every lady cat in the county as well by the sound of it.

Is this an expensive hobby tropical fishkeeping? Does it need a lot of expertise or is it like having a cat?

Tropical fish keeping is fairly simple and easier than having a cat, however Marine fishkeeping can be a bit tough, due to keeping the water condition as near perfect as possible.

With the right equipment it is not that hard. Decent water pumps and something to clean the tank. Actually cleaning the tank and the stones at the bottom can be a bit of a pain but it is not that regular an issue, every month or so IIRC. However, if you get a couple of Plecostamus' (spelling is almost certainly wrong) they will help you out with the cleaning slightly.

My dad had a custom made tank when I was a youngster.

CostaJambo

The wife got a tank and put a few fish in it. When we first had it our wee boys used to pull up chairs and sit watching it for hours like they were watching TV!

Archived