Twenty Twenty World cup

Larry

England might be heading to a defeat against the mighty Dutch here. Will be a close thing.:2thumbsup:

Konrad von Carstein
England might be heading to a defeat against the mighty Dutch here. Will be a close thing.:2thumbsup:

Now we are taking vicarious elight cos England are POTENTIALLY being beaten at CRICKET!!!!:60::stuart:

Now we are taking vicarious elight cos England are POTENTIALLY being beaten at CRICKET!!!!:60::stuart:

No not "we", just me.

chester copperpot
Ah...oki then :2thumbsup::10900: Feck them, mon the Dutch!! :smiley2:

England looked like they are fecked.

ToadKiller Dog

Some thing to watch for this month while the footie is off ,Welldone the dutch but think england will sneak home ,England will struggle against the big sides .

That was hilarious, how many times did they miss the wicket completely?!

Good old England bottling it as usual :2thumbsup:

Crazy. I guess that's them more or less eliminated.

Scotland on there day can be as good if not better than the Dutch, but somehow you can't quite see them getting a result...

great entertainment, and they said cricket is boring looking forward to rest of tournament

portobellojambo1
cant believe I have just watched an exciting game of cricket

Cannot be bothered with 5 day tests, which I get bored with very quickly. But, I enjoy watching 1 day internationals and Twenty20 matches, where they have to score quickly and regularly.

Cannot be bothered with 5 day tests, which I get bored with very quickly. But, I enjoy watching 1 day internationals and Twenty20 matches, where they have to score quickly and regularly.

I'm completely the opposite, fascinated by test matches and not a great fan of the shorter game which unfortunately is going a long way to lessening the amount of test matches played by the top sides which I think is a shame. A highly entertaining game tonight though.

I'm completely the opposite, fascinated by test matches and not a great fan of the shorter game which unfortunately is going a long way to lessening the amount of test matches played by the top sides which I think is a shame. A highly entertaining game tonight though.

Im a fan of the one day internationals. I only really get interested in the Ashes when it comes to test matches, and the 20/20 world cup.

Word:yes2:

Ray Winstone

Scotland just made 30 off the first 2 overs of a 7 over match.

NZ just picked up the wicket of Ryan Watson.

Good start though.

grumpy rebus

Looks like we've blown it.

NZ needed 22 from 16, but now only need 7 from 9!

grumpy rebus
Looks like we've blown it.

NZ needed 22 from 16, but now only need 7 from 9!

Now it's one from eight!

ToadKiller Dog

Good attempt by the scots ,but The black caps have to many big hitters in there ranks ,Were my outside bet for the trophy.

Yo can't bowl like that and hope to beat teams like New Zealand. Good effort with the bat though.

ToadKiller Dog

Some fine hitting of the highest order from Chris Gayle for the Windies so far crusing it against the Aussies ,one of the biggest 6s i have seen ,keep up the good work Windies stuff the Aussies.

Scotland in for a thumping here against the south Africans. The boy bowling for Scotland now went for 21 off his one over yesterday, and now He's just gone for 22 from his first over today. Im going to suggest that he doesn't bowl anymore.

48-0 after 5 overs for SA.

And this was after a good first 2 overs by the bowlers too :43:

super_vlad

Its time for england to deliver today, if they are beaten by pakistan they are out of the world cup already. Pakistan have the best record in the world of 20/20 but they have not played any cricket latlety because of the way the country is. I`m hoping pakistan destroy england today but have a bad feeling that the rustyness of pakistan will let england off the hook !

Its time for england to deliver today, if they are beaten by pakistan they are out of the world cup already. Pakistan have the best record in the world of 20/20 but they have not played any cricket latlety because of the way the country is. I`m hoping pakistan destroy england today but have a bad feeling that the rustyness of pakistan will let england off the hook !

After supporting the underdogs Holland, Im back to cheering on England today. Though if Pakistan can find any form they should win this one.

Alot better from England tonight, Should be heading towards a win here. Much better team with KP in there and Mascheranas(though he never got much of a bat).

the rain has started, and Pakistan are miles behined the D/L rate if they get pulled off.:2thumbsup:

Prince Buaben
Alot better from England tonight, Should be heading towards a win here. Much better team with KP in there and Mascheranas(though he never got much of a bat).

the rain has started, and Pakistan are miles behined the D/L rate if they get pulled off.:2thumbsup:

Given Pakistan a beating. My these commentators are bad winners

Given Pakistan a beating. My these commentators are bad winners

After what happened against the Netherlands being overcome with relief is understandable.

Pakistan now need to win by more than 25 runs on Wednesday to make up the difference in Net Run rate and stop the Dutch progressing at their expense.

That's going to be a cracking match

Scotlands fielding was embarrasing at times today. 20Twenty is good. I just wish some cash was ploughed into the Scottish game.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

was down there yesterday

great day out

scotland were p1sh and some of the fielding reminded me of some scottish goalises in the past

England were magnificent in all departments

beats watching the game at roseburn park

ToadKiller Dog

I struggle to see what direction the Scotland national cricket team is meant to be going in ,It seems to have gone backwards since it left the english one day league to the friends provident knockout competition ,i am sure they said it was better because they want to concentrate on becoming a international one day side to try to get in the top league .

I cant see that happening ,there is a good amateur structure of Cricket within Scotland more people play the game than play rugby yet rugby gets far more

media time and the sponsorship that comes with that .

I argued that the way to go for Scottish cricket when it first joined the english competitions was to build with the aim of joining the county championship ,i think that

chance has gone ,Scotland has slipped bellow its nearest rivals ,Ireland ,Holland etc moving ahead, Scotland failing to make the next world cup is a disaster for the game of cricket up here ,I dont expect Scotland to be a test nation or ever match the games giants ,but the game in Scotland has always had potential that it seems disinterested on acting on .A real shame .

Say What Again
more people play the game than play rugby yet rugby gets far more media time and the sponsorship that comes with that .

Is that true? I'm not having a go, I'm just very surprised by that.

I know a good few people that play rugby at various levels. I've never knowingly met anyone who plays cricket.

ToadKiller Dog
Is that true? I'm not having a go, I'm just very surprised by that.

I know a good few people that play rugby at various levels. I've never knowingly met anyone who plays cricket.

There was a report in either the Herald or the scotsman when Scotland first got into the english competitions that stated the figure showing that more played cricket .

A lot of small villages etc have cricket teams ,Luncarty Aberfieldy Freuchie , Meigle and Forthill for example thats just some in my local area off the top of my head .

Archived