Still no Euro games a Tynie

its where we bide

its where we bide

Right its still first cup of coffee time for me this morning but i cant beleive what im reading below.

At first i thought i was imagining it but i have read it over and over and need someone to tell me its saying what i think its saying?

In essence this article from todays Scotsman, written by Stuart Bathgate states as shown below:

a. Building would not START before 2010-11 season

(i thought thas was completion date)??

b. The NEW Tynie would still not meet EUFA criteria to play there as it will still be too short(as neither the Roseburn or Gorgie ends are being moved this may well be the case) ??

I cant beleive we would be involved in a ?51m that didnt solve this problem??

Any got the definitive lowdown? Are the Scotsman writing crap??

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Playing-the-name-game-as.3681503.jp

"The cost will be around ?51 million," Lopez said. "We have the full backing of UBIG (the finance group in which Vladimir Romanov, Hearts' majority shareholder, has considerable influence], but there are other parties interested in the project. It's very difficult to say how long the planning process will take, but we want to start building by the beginning of season 2010-11. This is a confirmation of our long-term commitment to the club. It proves our vision is long term, and is a very important milestone for the club and for actually reducing the debt in the longer term."

The new Tynecastle would still be shorter than UEFA's regulations for European competition. Lopez said that Hearts could ask for special permission to play UEFA Cup or Champions League ties there, but also suggested that if the opposition were a big enough name a move to Murrayfield was an obvious solution.

"It is too short, but you can get dispensation from UEFA to play on it, like Liverpool and Chelsea do. But whether we play our European ties here or at Murrayfield would depend on the opposition and the demand (for tickets] from the fans.

Fine Scottish Wine

I was under the belief that we currently are UEFA cup compliant but not Champions League compliant so i fail to see how we are not able to play UEFA cup games at least when the new stand is built.

I think the regime should put all the facts (uefa/champions league compliance) & (starting and finishing dates) back to the remaining shareholders and let us decide if we should up the borrowing to fund such.

I was under the impression this stadium would be our total home for all matches and one to be proud of.

"It is too short, but you can get dispensation from UEFA to play on it, like Liverpool and Chelsea do. But whether we play our European ties here or at Murrayfield would depend on the opposition and the demand (for tickets] from the fans.

Think that sums it up in a positive light ?

If Anfield and The Bridge are too short and both side play CL games regularly at home, then what's the panic. if we draw Milan we'd get 40k+ and play at MF anyway.

totally agree with you. What is the problem here? There isn't one! Plus they have plans to increase the capacity further down the line which will no doubt involve new stands somewere in the ground giving an opportunity to mive things round

This was always going to be the case until such times as Phase 2 can get underway.

We intend to move the Roseburn stand backwards and hence the New Stand is going to be longer than the Wheatfield in the short term to allow us to move the Roseburn.

This is not new at all and really doesn't alter the fact that yesterday's news is magnificent and shows the future for HMFC quite clearly.

Rod.

Think that sums it up in a positive light ?

If Anfield and The Bridge are too short and both side play CL games regularly at home, then what's the panic. if we draw Milan we'd get 40k+ and play at MF anyway.

aye and drawing milan in the CL is likely to happen anytime soon

At a shareholder's meeting a couple of years ago, someone (Campbell Ogilvie ?) explained that the rules are exactly the same for Champs League and UEFA Cup and that getting permission to go ahead at Tynie is a bit of a formality for either competition.

So, it comes down to cash - again.

I dont care if we draw AC Milan or Whitburn rose we have to play our games at tynie!! The atmosphere at tynie is amazing and would be bouncing at any european night!!! I miss those night's!!!

jamboinglasgow

why is it going to take us a year before we start building? Surely we should hopefully get planning permission by the end of next month, and then spend the next few months preparing before starting work in June. Or is this to do with the SPL and not have sought permission to move before next season.

it might sound obvious but i reckon this is a mistake in the paper, i heard him on the radio yesterday saying building would start this may and be finished for the 2010 season, In regards to euro matches being played in murryfield, then as we wont be in euro next season anyway this is a pointless arguement, in general i think we will play euro ties at tynie once it is finished.

At the planning consultation presentation Lawrence Brodie told me that the ptich will not be CL compliant until after phase 2 is completed. However, HMFC believes that it would get an exemption to play at Tynecastle should we qualify since we have a firm plan to make the pitch compliant. Arsenal had such an exemption in their last seasons at Highbury.

Whether we would decide to play at Murrayfield because of the greater capacity is a different question that I didn't ask as there was no point since the decision would be taken nearer the time.

PS: He also said that the quoted completion date for phase 1 was for the whole project & that the stand might be ready before the commercial developments. It would then be possible to use the stand as people would be walking round, not through, the building site.

its where we bide
totally agree with you. What is the problem here? There isn't one! Plus they have plans to increase the capacity further down the line which will no doubt involve new stands somewere in the ground giving an opportunity to mive things round

well my problem would be:

Shalke

Fenecvaros

AEK athens

Sparta Prague

I would have liked us to have given ourselves a chance by subjecting them to Tynie on a dark Edinburgh night and not the empty expanse that is Muddayfield

I would be tempted to think long n hard about the receipts from the Sparta game especially against the revenue from getting to the groups stages(i know because of CL qualifier being played there our nominated Stadia for UEFA comp had to remain Murrayfield

I suppose i just cant beleive we can build Hotels , Gyms , apartments and restaurants in this ?51m development but im still gonna have to watch us die in that bloody cauldron when we get a crack at Europe.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Better they take they're time and get it right rather than throw the thing up on the cheap.

On the issue of Eurpean games, lets worry about that when we're good enough to play in some.

its where we bide
why is it going to take us a year before we start building? Surely we should hopefully get planning permission by the end of next month, and then spend the next few months preparing before starting work in June. Or is this to do with the SPL and not have sought permission to move before next season.

sorry mate i thought the same but the article i posted says START NOT BEFORE 2010-11, dont think be seeing any building , if that is correct for possibly 3 yrs nevr mind one

Archived