Tony Adams wants Celtic job (NHC)

JamboJen

On SSN just now it seems Tony Adams has contacted them and said he will become Celtic manager if Wim Jansen is brought in as technical director.

Jansen has apparently said he will only go back to Celtic if this is what happens.

Please, please let this happen.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Surely it would be better for them to have Wim Jansen as manager and Tony Adams as coach?

Adams says he wants the Celtic job. Well so do I. I would love to be a football manager and Celtic would be a cracking gig. Wanting it is one thing Tony. Getting it is quite another. This wont happen. Unfortunatly.

jamboinglasgow

he is a famous loner who if takes the job will be one of the most recognised, abused and talked to people in Glasgow. It will drive him crazy.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'd like to be the Chief Bunny Girl Oiler at Hugh Heffners pad

Dream on Tony

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
What is the connection with Tony Adams and Wim Jansen?

Adams was a coach at Feyenoord when Jansen was Technical Director IIRC

mundojambo

poor punch line IMO

Optimus Prime

I see. It has Kenny Dalglish/John Barnes written all over it.

Seems that Celtic contacted Wim Jansen and Jansen has put Tony Adams name forward for them to work together and Celtic have unfortunately run away after hearing that idea.

Funny.

Adams would be back on the booze within weeks

If ever someone wasnt suited for a job it was this one

Buffalo Bill

One is a drunk-driver.

The other has a drunk barber.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow
I see. It has Kenny Dalglish/John Barnes written all over it.

my thoughts exactly.

I'm close to Stantoning myself after hearing this:10900:

ToadKiller Dog
Don't see how Tony ticks the "Celtic minded" box.

His family spent a week in Tipperary when he was a lad and he once saw the Pogues play Brixton academy ,so he just sneaks in.

and the Arsenal and smelltic have a special bond going back centuries ,or is that with Liverpool ,man united ,sevillie,hadjuk split ,st pauli ,dukla pumferston ,St judes primary school under 9s and so on...........................................

Gigolo-Aunt

After leaving Wycombe, Adams spent time in Holland observing coaching methods and built up a relationship with Jansen.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
After leaving Wycombe, Adams spent time in Holland observing coaching methods and built up a relationship with Jansen.

Sadly Tony wont be talking the Smeltic Job.

He cannot get the time of work.

3271140335_e06459b4d0_o.gif

bajthejambo
Funny.

Adams would be back on the booze within weeks

If ever someone wasnt suited for a job it was this one

Agree with that mate. The scrutiny and pressure of having to deliver would drive the man back into the priory......probably through the window!

shaun.lawson

It'd be a mad appointment. Crazy. The problem for Celtic, though, is they've made such a pig's ear of this whole process already, and clearly have a budget of next to nothing to offer any new manager.

Moyes doesn't want the job. Coyle doesn't want the job. Martinez would surely favour Wigan. Mowbray has his doubts, and Celtic don't want to pay compo. And with each snub they encounter, the authority of the new man diminishes.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the West End of Glasgow, the manager of Motherwell FC sits in his home watching his phone, desperate for the Celtic board to call him. But dare they? Is he even on their radar? And if not, what blunder might they make instead?

Hans von Luck

All Tony will be looking for at Darkheid is some of that tonic wine that most of those unwashed get plastered on.

Once a jakey always a jakey.

Give him the gig :cheers:

Buffalo Bill
It'd be a mad appointment. Crazy. The problem for Celtic, though, is they've made such a pig's ear of this whole process already, and clearly have a budget of next to nothing to offer any new manager.

Moyes doesn't want the job. Coyle doesn't want the job. Martinez would surely favour Wigan. Mowbray has his doubts, and Celtic don't want to pay compo. And with each snub they encounter, the authority of the new man diminishes.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the West End of Glasgow, the manager of Motherwell FC sits in his home watching his phone, desperate for the Celtic board to call him. But dare they? Is he even on their radar? And if not, what blunder might they make instead?

I doubt Mowbrey will be interest anyway. Didn't he cite the dullness of the 'four times a season' SPL as a reason for leaving Hibs anyway?

Buffalo Bill

shaun.lawson
I doubt Mowbrey will be interest anyway. Didn't he cite the dullness of the 'four times a season' SPL as a reason for leaving Hibs anyway?

Buffalo Bill

Yup. He was very disillusioned with Scottish football by the time he left. Maybe they will have to turn to McGhee after all?

Wonder what odds i could get for Tony Adams to take sellik job with paul ince as the assisstant...

Ibrahim Tall
It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50 per cent chance of winning something up there.?

Adams is a ****ing ******.

Would be a wonderfully comic appointment. He already has that far-away look in his eyes, and the intensity of the media glare would have him in his Sporting Chance Clinic before the end of September.

I'll soil my underpants in 3 different ways if this happens.

Wycombe - FAIL.

Portsmouth - FAIL.

Sellick - EPIC FAIL.

:laugh:

LeylandJambo

Please for the love of god please let this happen. What with a bad rangers team and Adams ruining Celtic a few decent players and we would have the best chance we've had in years of winning the league next Season. IMHO

shaun.lawson
I'll soil my underpants in 3 different ways if this happens.

Wycombe - FAIL.

Portsmouth - FAIL.

Sellick - EPIC FAIL.

:laugh:

Unfortunately, having had a quick browse over there, most of the posters on Kerrydale Street are treating it as a windup, and aren't taking it seriously.

Unfortunately, having had a quick browse over there, most of the posters on Kerrydale Street are treating it as a windup, and aren't taking it seriously.

Most of the posters on Kerrydale street have an IQ which rivals that of a well-worn sock, Shaun.

:wink:

Simply laughable

Anyway, what's the score with MM's contract at Firpark ?

Given the suspicion of the Celtic link during the Kaunas debacle, does he have a walk away clause ?

Surely it's his post now unless someone emerges from left field !

jamboinglasgow

posters on Kerrydale also probably think that Bojan is coming on loan to them in the summer. They still think Rijkard is going to be their manager.

shaun.lawson
posters on Kerrydale also probably think that Bojan is coming on loan to them in the summer. They still think Rijkard is going to be their manager.

Do they?! I've not seen that. But then, that place is a nightmare to browse: they merge so many threads that a new manager thread ends up with more than 250 pages! It's ridiculous.

Finally - another club dares to challenge our Graham Rix "Worst ever appointment in football" achievement! :D Gon yersel Celtic, why not get in Christian Gross as his number 2 to round the whole thing off!

Rust Cohle

I see he's already been quoted on the bbc sport website as saying you've "got a 50% chance of winning something up there"....nothing like underestimating you opposition eh? Just ask Mr Le Guen...

Definately back on the pop.

Never mind that ...............has Steve Bruce signed up yet ?

If he did have a chance he just blew it with that interview. Can you imagine a guy as loose jawed as that as manager of septic?

I P Knightley
Wonder what odds i could get for Tony Adams to take sellik job with paul ince as the assisstant...

Incey would give you pretty decent odds himself ;)

It would make my summer if Adams were to join the staff at Celtic. For all his vague ramblings and incoherence, though, you do have to give him credit for knobbing this:

article-1081243-0239B01D000004B0-939_306x467.jpg

Looks like Celtic PR made mess of it again - they said they wanted ADAMS

and his CURLY hair mate- who are " CELTIC MINDED "

:4_1_72::4_1_72:

They wanted :clover:GERRY ADAMS :clover:and

:clover:MARK McGUINNESS:clover:

Archived