UK Short breaks

Jambo Oscar

Jambo Oscar

Mr Shona hearts and i were chatting about taking our little one who will be 4 soon on a short break in the uk. It needs to have somewhere with amusements like shows etc for the wee one. Any ideas anyone?

deesidejambo
Mr Shona hearts and i were chatting about taking our little one who will be 4 soon on a short break in the uk. It needs to have somewhere with amusements like shows etc for the wee one. Any ideas anyone?

Anywhere but Blackpool.

If you like cycling around with the wean in tow you could try Centre Parcs. It has the pool and all that.

Alton towers,get a wee hotel in stoke or Alton itself or splash out a bit and stay in the parks main hotel.

The place is brilliant and caters for every age group.

chester copperpot

Craig Tara would suit you down to the ground. :th_o:

seaton sands or porty

always wondered what the arrow is pointing to in your pic mate?

jambopompey

there's an arrow

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Berwick upon tweed caravan park - you cant go wrong, amusements, a beach which is great in the sun and theres a swimmimg pool aswell with a shoot - i recomend here very much.:10900:

Anywhere but Blackpool.

If you like cycling around with the wean in tow you could try Centre Parcs. It has the pool and all that.

I'll second Centre Parcs! Was at the one in Sherwood in March and had a cracking week, loads to do for both adults and kids! Can go either fri - mon or mon - fri for short breaks! One tip tho, if you are a smoker then take fags with you! Only place to get fags inside centreparcs is from the fag machine inside the supermarket and it was ?7 for 16!

Going places are doing cracking London deals at the moment.

Im off next Friday,2 nights in a 4* Hotel and rail fare from Edinburgh ?120 each.

blondejamtart

Center Parcs is great if you've got kids - been to both the Sherwood and Lake District ones when our two were younger, but they're not cheap.

CostaJambo

It's some tower in Canada. It was an email going around a couple of years ago with some facts about this tower and then when you open the attachment you see the tower (arrowed) in the background of the woman with the humungous paps.

Haven holiday parks are great for families,i would recommend lakelands which is in the lake district and is a nice wee park.

John and I took the kids to Flamingo Land, the kids had a ball

would defo highly recommend it:smiley2:

Jambo Oscar

Cheers to you all. Think we're looking at center parks. Our wee one would love it. :)

Nucky Thompson
Cheers to you all. Think we're looking at center parks. Our wee one would love it. :)
Although it's quite good, Center Parks is expensive and is more Sport activities rather than shows. As mentioned above, Haven holidays have some great parks. I would highly recommend Primrose Valley on the Yorkshire Coast near Filey.

If you want to stay away from gimmick places like centre oarcs that can be expensive, I would thoroughly recommend a villa or log cabin. http://www.hoseasons.co.UK do them. If you want somewhere for kids, you can have your pick of destinations.

A couple of days in and around York. Get some education into the little blighters.

robbies-tackle

have a look at Ribbyhall (ribbyhall.co.uk). it's near St Annes. We used to take the kids there when they were younger. Lovely accomodation and good facilities for younger children. reasonably priced outwith the school holidays

Parkdean parks have always been good when I've been - quite a few in the South West if that's within your reach travel wise.

Archived