Reality Check

tazhearts

Getting this in before transfer silly season starts and inevitably, everyone gets hacked off because we only end up signing one or two (average) players.

Every time you think about our summer transfer activity then do so while considering the most recent set of club accounts.

Remember we need to drastically cut wages AND make money by selling players. This is the number one priority for the club.

I don't expect us to sign many / if any players this summer and I expect a good few to depart.

Next season we will run with a smaller and much younger squad. Not ideal but in the medium to long term it is the only way for us to survive and ultimately prosper. Short term pain for long term gain.

knoxyjambo
Getting this in before transfer silly season starts and inevitably, everyone gets hacked off because we only end up signing one or two (average) players.

Every time you think about our summer transfer activity then do so while considering the most recent set of club accounts.

Remember we need to drastically cut wages AND make money by selling players. This is the number one priority for the club.

I don't expect us to sign many / if any players this summer and I expect a good few to depart.

Next season we will run with a smaller and much younger squad. Not ideal but in the medium to long term it is the only way for us to survive and ultimately prosper. Short term pain for long term gain.

Dont think your far off to be honest

I like the short term pain for long term gain bit :2thumbsup:

You are 100% correct on this. Fans can stand the bad times, aslong as there is apparent direction in a positive way.

I'll actually be fairly happy if we make a couple of solid signings, lose a lot of dead wood and get the likes of Templeton into the team more often.

We do need a decent centre back and a striker though.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

So what are you saying? No tevez!, Oh thats bang out of order vlad.

:hang:

Charlie-Brown

Realistically we have to face competition from Hibs, Aberdeen & Dundee Utd for 3rd spot / Europa League places - they all face the same pressure's that we do and their crowds & revenues & sponsorship etc are lower than ours.

Dagger Is Back

As long as folks realise that we won't ever compete with the OF in terms of winning the SPL and sell our best assets just when we start to dream of what might be, then fair enough.

I fully expect to see one of the youngest ever Hearts teams. Not sure how Tynie will react to youngsters who will without doubt have a bad game, lose confidence etc. but if they are going to mature into good players and saleable assets then we need to give them a little space.

Dagger Is Back
Dagger, we've just watched probably the youngest hearts team to ever play over a season qualify for europe.

I know BB and I think it's gonna get younger.

Archived