The new Hearts Home Kit

Silverymoon92

Silverymoon92

Does anyone else (judging by the teasers) think this is looking a bit like a rugby top... BUT i like it :10900:

Bungalow Bill

Surely the worst marketing campaign ever. If they want us to buy it they should show us what it looks like.

The teasers were good for a week or so but this is ridiculous.

Silverymoon92

The only thing we know is that it has a collar and a white stripe down the sides. people are paying ?40 for a top they have never seen its madness :rifle:

I P Knightley
The only thing we know is that it has a collar and a white stripe down the sides. people are paying ?40 for a top they have never seen its madness :rifle:

While I agree that I can't follow the logic of this type of selling, I think it's fair for them to assume that there will be a large proportion of the support who will buy next season's kit regardless of the detail of the design.

Weird way to go about it, but maybe there's some follow-up plan for marketing the blind faith of the Hearts support...

It gets you talking. Its great marketing!

FWIW some people will buy it regardless, so this campaign is a bit of fun.

Bungalow Bill
It gets you talking. Its great marketing!

FWIW some people will buy it regardless, so this campaign is a bit of fun.

There would be a lot more talking if we could see it.

Captain Lithuania

I have seen it on a website, can't remember which, otherwise I'd post it.

I have to say, it looks really smart.

Maroon top and white shorts for next season.

There would be a lot more talking if we could see it.

It wouldnt be prolonged interest though.

The website wouldnt get as many hits either.

Its good marketing. People are talking about it. The hints they are dropping are interesting as it shows a collar and some white, making people discuss what it could be.

allystrachan
I have seen it on a website, can't remember which, otherwise I'd post it.

I have to say, it looks really smart.

Maroon top and white shorts for next season.

failure4.jpg

Carl Weathers

I'm not really keen on this as a marketing concept. Fair enough it gets people talking about it but we'd be talking about it anyway and infact more if we knew what it looked like!

I'm not really keen on this as a marketing concept. Fair enough it gets people talking about it but we'd be talking about it anyway and infact more if we knew what it looked like!

Whilst I'm sure you know more about it than me;), I think the steady drip of discussion helps to build up the launch. If they are confident in their product, which I'm sure they will be, this seems to be a very good way to build up the marketing campaign.

It builds anticipation, and people look forward to the new hints, increasing traffic to the site.

200milesfromgorgie
Whilst I'm sure you know more about it than me;), I think the steady drip of discussion helps to build up the launch. If they are confident in their product, which I'm sure they will be, this seems to be a very good way to build up the marketing campaign.

It builds anticipation, and people look forward to the new hints, increasing traffic to the site.

Spot on.

In some ways it's a lot like making love to a beautiful women.

-When your young you just want to jump in to bed, rip their clothes of to see the naked body then you stick your goodness in for a short time until its all over.

-When you get a little wiser to the world you like to have a little sneak preview, be kept guessing then slowly enjoy the pleasure that unfolds. at the end you'll find it a much more lasting and satisfying experience.

OK where did that come from?

allystrachan
Yep, okay then, I'm lying :qqb017:

who mentioned lying? all i meant was that you had seen the strip and didnt think to post it here or even remember where it was... hence the failure to your post.:10900:

I'm led to believe it will be shown in full before the deadline for the discount.

I think it looks great from what you can see. Nice shade of maroon.

What discount??

When's the deadline?

Craigieboy

I buy the top no matter what it looks like.

But then I am a considerably better fan.

Carl Weathers

Hahaha - quality.

I'm just not too keen on this idea. I might have liked it more if they previewed it a week or two in advance but this seems to be dragging on for yonks.

I'm sure the kit will be good though.

200milesfromgorgie
Swiss Tony?

thats the name! fast show, car sales man? it's all comming back now.:smiley2:

Folks - anybody know when the strip's actually unveilled? Seems to me there's been a few 'teasers' on the site but nothing for the past wee while...

FWIW, i've heard (complete rumour here! :) ) that the away top's black! Being a traditionalist, I would prefer a white top with maroon short etc, but reckon black would make a pretty smart 3rd (Euro) top...

rossthejambo
Folks - anybody know when the strip's actually unveilled? Seems to me there's been a few 'teasers' on the site but nothing for the past wee while...

FWIW, i've heard (complete rumour here! :) ) that the away top's black! Being a traditionalist, I would prefer a white top with maroon short etc, but reckon black would make a pretty smart 3rd (Euro) top...

was last season's and this season's away tops not rumoured to be black or did i imagine it? i think a black away top would look superb :2thumbsup:

Guest Morocco Mole
was last season's and this season's away tops not rumoured to be black or did i imagine it? i think a black away top would look superb :2thumbsup:

Vlad would never have a black away strip or silver

Reckon the away top will be some sort of light blue colour with navy detail

Plastic Bertrand

It would have been a good idea to have Academy players parading the new strip at half time during last Saturday's game.

rossthejambo
Vlad would never have a black away strip or silver

Reckon the away top will be some sort of light blue colour with navy detail

i know the reason behind silver because it symbolizes runner-up rather than winner but why not black??

The Future's Maroon
Away toop is sky blue.
Sauce?

Pistol1874
Sauce?

Aye, I'll bet they haven't even thought of that.

How are you supposed to get the Ketchup or HP depending on preference, off a sky blue top.

Black is much more forgiving to the slaster.

Charlie-Brown

Why don't we have a gold away strip ? Arsenal & Man Utd won the league when they had those strips .... as did Real Madrid. :)

Bad Religion

If it has to be light blue something similar to Inters home strip would be nice.

Guest King

Can anyone tell me what date will the home kit be revealed? and also will the away kit come out on the same day?

Spot on.

-When your young you just want to jump in to bed, rip their clothes of to see the naked body then you stick your goodness in for a short time until its all over.

-When you get a little wiser to the world you like to have a little sneak preview, be kept guessing then slowly enjoy the pleasure that unfolds. at the end you'll find it a much more lasting and satisfying experience.

OK where did that come from?

Have you been reading Mills and Boon?

Someone was doing mock up's of possible tops on here a while ago, can whoever it was try to use the snippets we've had so far and possibly the england or sweden 09/10 shirts to show what it might look like??

(or if someone who has seen it , can you give a description??) :)

bajthejambo

I may be wrong but is it not required for clubs in European competition to have 3 different kits?

heartsfc_fan
I may be wrong but is it not required for clubs in European competition to have 3 different kits?

I think we got about that in the season where we played Bordeaux.

We had a maroon top and navy shorts when we played them at home IIRC.

Guest Morocco Mole
i know the reason behind silver because it symbolizes runner-up rather than winner but why not black??

he just doesn't like black, likes navy though:10900:

home strip should be revealed at the end of the month, comes out on the 19th (maroon top with collar, white shorts and white socks)

away top will be out sometime in july (sky blue with navy bits and navy shorts i think)

Archived