Snooker shop in Edinburgh

Chaps

anyone know if there is any snooker shops in edinburgh. Iam looking to get a new tip put on my cue and have in sanded.

Thanks

I'm not sure, but IIRC the shop on Leith Walk, left hand side going down, just past McDonald Rd. Borland's I think its called, certainly does darts & associated equipment and I think does some snooker stuff.

conn artist
I'm not sure, but IIRC the shop on Leith Walk, left hand side going down, just past McDonald Rd. Borland's I think its called, certainly does darts & associated equipment and I think does some snooker stuff.

yep, borlands. opposite the tesco metro. sells all sorts of stuuf for snooker and darts. scotlands leading sports.

lauriesrank

The Shandon snooker centre (surprisingly at Shandon) re tips on a tuesday, for a fiver I think?!

yep, borlands. opposite the tesco metro. sells all sorts of stuuf for snooker and darts. scotlands leading sports.

quite sad isn't it. we're best at the sports that are practiced and played indoors whilst on the peeve

Mark_Mywords

It's quite an easy thing to do.

Remove the old tip using a stanley knife.

Sand down any glue residue from the ferrule. (The brass bit)

Apply a very very thin film of superglue. (Too much glue will soak into the tip material)

Put the tip on using a cue clamp making sure it's centered, or simply press the tip of the cue against a wall or something.

After it's secure, file the tip the way you like it.

Been using that method sinse the 80's. I would never pay somebody to do it.

If not, as above, Borlands or the Shandon Snooker club on Slateford rd.

I remember myself and a friend entered a wee tournament. His tip fell off during the practice before hand. I fixed a new tip on for him. Guess what... He beat me in the final.... git.

vlad on the tyne
It's quite an easy thing to do.

Remove the old tip using a stanley knife.

Sand down any glue residue from the ferrule. (The brass bit)

Apply a very very thin film of superglue. (Too much glue will soak into the tip material)

Put the tip on using a cue clamp making sure it's centered, or simply press the tip of the cue against a wall or something.

After it's secure, file the tip the way you like it.

Been using that method sinse the 80's. I would never pay somebody to do it.

If not, as above, Borlands or the Shandon Snooker club on Slateford rd.

I remember myself and a friend entered a wee tournament. His tip fell off during the practice before hand. I fixed a new tip on for him. Guess what... He beat me in the final.... git.

I once went to a snooker shop, I left after 20 minutes......couldnt handle the long CUES........:rifle:

quite sad isn't it. we're best at the sports that are practiced and played indoors whilst on the peeve

We're nowhere near the best at darts!!!:hang:

Gorgiewave
I once went to a snooker shop, I left after 20 minutes......couldnt handle the long CUES........:rifle:

Give it a rest.

Gorgiewave
Hope you don't baulk at the prices they are charging.

You are really getting on my tips now. Let's see if you have the balls to answer.

vlad on the tyne
You are really getting on my tips now. Let's see if you have the balls to answer.

Screw you.......I once took a bomb into a snooker hall....told everyone it was a plant!

CostaJambo

Might have to chalk this one down to experience.

vlad on the tyne
Might have to chalk this one down to experience.

do you think that would cushion the blow though???

Gorgiewave
Screw you.......I once took a bomb into a snooker hall....told everyone it was a plant!

I'm really browning it now. Kiss it.

Gorgiewave
You lot are getting black-balled for those puns.

Triangling your posts a bit more kindly.

I think there`s a snooker shop address in the Yellow Pages, page 147. If you go there, mind and wipe yer feet before you drop in.:stuart:

vlad on the tyne
You lot are getting black-balled for those puns.

TYpical mod, nothing to do, living the life of RileY

I have had enough of these puns.....am off to sink the pink!

vlad on the tyne
Triangling your posts a bit more kindly.

good Yin

I once got arrested in a snooker hall.....i'm positive I was frame-d

Say What Again
I once got arrested in a snooker hall.....i'm positive I was frame-d

I heard the judge was going to give you the maximum sentence, but he felt you deserved a break.

:stuart:

Gorgiewave
I heard the judge was going to give you the maximum sentence, but he felt you deserved a break.

Nah, he had the judge in his pocket. The butt of everybody's jokes. Otherwise, spot on!

Mark_Mywords

I heard the evidence was planted. The police got a tip off.

Gorgiewave

PS: Apologies to Stevie10 for taking over his thread. It's only a punny attempt at humour.

vlad on the tyne
PS: Apologies to Stevie10 for taking over his thread. It's only a punny attempt at humour.

ffs, I was a petty POCKET thief!!! I stole from a joiner's tool box one day who was working on hanging some pictures, unfortunately he caught me in the act....as I ran away all i could hear the joiner shouting was "OIIIIIII, give me that SCREWBACK".

back to hearts anyway, this euro draw....anyone think we will be going back to the baulk-ans?

virgo,reardon,thorburn would be loving this banter!!

vlad on the tyne

what a freeball attempt GW:stuart:

CostaJambo
I heard the evidence was planted. The police got a tip off.

From a certain Mr. Bill Yards?

Gorgiewave
what a freeball attempt GW:stuart:

Mamma Meo!!!

I'll give it a miss, thanks.

This thread is certainly the business end of kickback.

Mark_Mywords
From a certain Mr. Bill Yards?

That's the fellow, with his partner in crime Mr Q Ball. You know the Hibby that prefers to take on a tight brown rather than an easy pink

Greedy_Jambo

Get yerself over to argos for a brand spanking new cue for only ?19.99. Great for fending off hobo's and such like.

The Future's Maroon
Get yerself over to argos for a brand spanking new cue for only ?19.99. Great for fending off hobo's and such like.
Pity you would be better using a lump of wood you get in snooker halls than anythign you buy from Argos!!

Saying that, if you dont play that much it would probably be alright.

To the opening poster, if you want you can give me you cue and I'll get a new tip on it for you (free). PM if you want.

Archived