Train to Manchester

RoyCropper

RoyCropper

Going to Manchester at the start of next month and looking to get a cheap train there.

Never really been in charge of booking trains etc so unsure who to book through.

Any help much appreciated.

scottish_chicP

We booked through Virgin to go down on 22 June (28 of us!) and it was about ?32 each return.

We(wife & two 14 year old kids) are just back from Newcastle

(Enrique concert).

Total cost for the four of us return was ?26.

I believe my good lady used some family rail card as well

when booking.Booked with National Express

I use the west coast mainline as far as Preston for work very regularly.

If you can, avoid Trans Pennine Express. Their trains are punctual enough, but very very uncomfortable on a longer journey of 2 and a half hours - believe it or not, the Scotrail trains that run between Edinburgh and Glasgow are more comfortable!

Virgin trains all the way.

Going to Manchester at the start of next month and looking to get a cheap train there.

Never really been in charge of booking trains etc so unsure who to book through.

Any help much appreciated.

I have said this before the best place to go is the Ticket office at Waverley Station.

Every time i have went there have beat every price hands down.

piltonjambo

Ticket office at Waverley Station ... Agreed ... and you do not get lumped on to only one train company ... you can use any company and this can be more important than you think if you have to change at Preston for example.

RoyCropper

This is a nightmare.

Traveling from Aberdeen to Manchester.

Leave 4th June and home 7th June.

Cheapest i can find is 91 quid return, and thats with 2 singles!

Help!

first of all, try and check out if its chaeper if you can get tickets cheaper by say Going to Edinburgh to Carlisle and Carlisle to Manchester or something similar, it works sometimes and could save youa wee bit, also if you buy a family rail ticket it wil save money too

Roy how many are going m8? I will have a wee look and see if I can get them chaeper for you m8

RoyCropper
Roy how many are going m8? I will have a wee look and see if I can get them chaeper for you m8

3 of us. All adults.

Thanks for your help.

Ideally wanting to be down there around 1/2pm and doesnt matter about returning time.

Il keep trying but its a head****.

hi roy got em

http://www.thetrainline.com

buy a friend and family railcard and you will get discounts straight away,buy three returns from Aberdeen to Embra the price is only ?41 for the three of you.

Then buy three singles both ways from Embra to Manchester ?159 for the three of you the three singles from Embra is cheaper than returns m8 on the site you can choose what time you want to leave

aw the best

Archived