Teams in Maroon

Matty

Having a bit of discussion with a bloke at work about the colour of our strips.

As far as i am aware the colour was due to our original red/white/blue strips been dyed in the wash and so our maroon was born.

How many other teams can you think of that play in maroon?

Cheers!

alwaysthereinspirit

Took my daughter to the Ladies Beanpot ice hockey final last night at Boston University. Harvard play in maroon and won 3 - 1. Go Crimson.:Hearts Man spotrun:

boy_in_maroon

arbroath, once turned up late for a game at Tynie during the mid 70s and thought we had signed a whole new team, it was not often in those days to wear the away kit, at home

Oh how I wish we had been the first to wear maroon. Our neighbours accross the city were the first to wear the green don't you know.

Livorno?

Bayern Munich had a natty maroon CL strip iirc.

Was actually looking for the Bayern top.Can't see it on their site.Anyone?

Was actually looking for the Bayern top.Can't see it on their site.Anyone?

Got one for my birthday last year from the missus. No idea where she got it from but it was on the web...

Will try and find out.

Got one for my birthday last year from the missus. No idea where she got it from but it was on the web...

Will try and find out.

Appreciated.

Ally Alexander
arbroath, once turned up late for a game at Tynie during the mid 70s and thought we had signed a whole new team, it was not often in those days to wear the away kit, at home

The concept of an "away strip" is a farly new idea, previously if there was a colour clash the convention was for the home team to wear their change strip.

Metz are nicknamed 'Les Grenats' (The Garnets) from the colour of their shirts and not Les Marrons (The Chestnuts), as that would be a load of conkers.

Appreciated.

The Missus got the top from this site but unfortunately the tops are sold out. Maybe worthwhile checking every so often to see if they get any more in stock...

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_list.jsp?id=470&mid=-1&oby=&hos=0&srs=-1&txtSearch=&cmbPriceStart=-1&cmbPriceEnd=-1&page=4&brc=

I will have a dig around to see if I can find another site.

Petershill (Glasgow Juniors), York (England), I think, and certainly Larisa (Greece) and Sarajevo (Bosnia) can be added to the list.

Bayern Munich had a natty maroon CL strip iirc.

I bought one of these for my son when I was in Germany last summer. It is an absolutely fantastic strip.

Oh how I wish we had been the first to wear maroon. Our neighbours accross the city were the first to wear the green don't you know.

As a matter of interest who was the "first" to wear maroon ?:confused:

As a matter of interest who was the "first" to wear maroon ?:confused:

Must have been Hibs no?

Hibs were the first team to play in Green and white hoops before Celtic...

Archived