UCAS points?

Ivan Drago

anyone any idea how i can find out how many UCAS points i have :confused:

looking online for jobs and i need to know

Its on the UCAS website

Apparently when employers are asking for them though they only want to know about your last sitting or the one before at the most,they dont want to know your life total

No point in adding in all the silly standard grades too boost it therefore

found it now mate, cheers.

just another unecessary thing to fill in imo - i mean, you've got to put your grades in anyway ffs :confused:

Out of curiosity, what Standard Grade award is in which band?

If that makes sense.

I didnt figure that much out - the thing i was appliyng for finished at over 320 or something and my highers alone were worth more than that so i didnt need to know the exact figure.

Any lists of what Standard grades are worth or Intermediate 2's?

if you go the UCAS website it has a tariff that shows you all the grades and their weightings, its not very clear when it comes to standard grades though:confused:

Well in Highers and Int 2's you get an 'A' band 1, or band 2 etc. It's basically like an A+ or A- in the US. Not sure how the standard grades could apply to that though.

Well in Highers and Int 2's you get an 'A' band 1, or band 2 etc. It's basically like an A+ or A- in the US. Not sure how the standard grades could apply to that though.

The criteria I'm applying is Band 1 would be a 1 or a 2, Band 2 being 3 or 4.

I got two B3s in strong subjects, frustrating :mad:

In Highers it's a1(100%-75%) or a2(74%-70%), b3(69%-65%) or b4(64%-60%), c5(59%-55%) or c6(54%-50%).

Im pretty sure they dont score grade 3 or 4's at standard grade, i.e grade 1 is a 1 and grade 2 is a 2

Ive got 363 from my highers.

I dont think most people (i.e graduate employers ) want the total though, they want a yearly sitting i.e 5th or 6th year

Employers don't give two ****s about grades tbh.

They only matter when getting into to Uni, after that you won't be asked for them again.

Employers don't give two ****s about grades tbh.

They only matter when getting into to Uni, after that you won't be asked for them again.

Every graduate scheme normally ask you to have a minimum

How closely they check is not something I know, but they ask and lying would surely be enough to have an offer withdrawn:rolleyes:

Every graduate scheme normally ask you to have a minimum

How closely they check is not something I know, but they ask and lying would surely be enough to have an offer withdrawn:rolleyes:

On graduate schemes maybe - other stuff they don't.

On graduate schemes maybe - other stuff they don't.

any online application asks you to fill in ALL your grades - trust me! dont know how much attention they pay though

any online application asks you to fill in ALL your grades - trust me! dont know how much attention they pay though

Is it ICAS your applying for?

:nooo:

how did you guess? :confused:

Well Ive seen your doing accountancy so its no mean leap

Leaving it a bit late arent you?

What firms you applied too?

Id suggest growing a pair of tits, the ICAS jobs are sexist as hell

From my course only 1 male got an ICAS contract compared to about 30 bints

Something not right there:rolleyes:

Well Ive seen your doing accountancy so its no mean leap

Leaving it a bit late arent you?

What firms you applied too?

Id suggest growing a pair of tits, the ICAS jobs are sexist as hell

From my course only 1 male got an ICAS contract compared to about 30 bints

Something not right there:rolleyes:

just a wee bit late :) still a lot of them whose deadlines arent til august though, was going to leave it til after may but i cant be bothered doing my current job for another year, desperate to get out.

only applied to one so far, Scott-Moncrieff - applying to the smaller ones as i dont think i'll get into any of the big ones.

i was actually planning on applying for CIMA but most of them if not all were situated in England and i really cant be bothered moving

just a wee bit late :) still a lot of them whose deadlines arent til august though, was going to leave it til after may but i cant be bothered doing my current job for another year, desperate to get out.

only applied to one so far, Scott-Moncrieff - applying to the smaller ones as i dont think i'll get into any of the big ones.

i was actually planning on applying for CIMA but most of them if not all were situated in England and i really cant be bothered moving

You've missed most of the smaller ones although a lot of them will end up readvertising around may/june

Its a lot easier to find one in Glasgow from my experience than Edinburgh

I meant to get round to doing it myself this year although I think ill leave it til next year now

The moneys utter balls though for ICAS and its very hard work from those I know who have done it

Dont underestimate it

You've missed most of the smaller ones although a lot of them will end up readvertising around may/june

Its a lot easier to find one in Glasgow from my experience than Edinburgh

I meant to get round to doing it myself this year although I think ill leave it til next year now

The moneys utter balls though for ICAS and its very hard work from those I know who have done it

Dont underestimate it

aye on of my mates is doing it and doing 2 hours a day outwith work :nooo:

the starting wage for any of the firms is more than id get in my current job so i cant really complain

aye on of my mates is doing it and doing 2 hours a day outwith work :nooo:

the starting wage for any of the firms is more than id get in my current job so i cant really complain

Watch out though as only a very few give big money ( the big 4, BP and Scott Moncrieff)

The rest are pretty poor and the salaries can be as low as 13.5k with the average being 16-18k ish

Not too shabby until you consider the amount of work involved, possible study expenses and the fact graduate jobs outside accounting pay 20k plus for far less work:mad:

Watch out though as only a very few give big money ( the big 4, BP and Scott Moncrieff)

The rest are pretty poor and the salaries can be as low as 13.5k with the average being 16-18k ish

Not too shabby until you consider the amount of work involved, possible study expenses and the fact graduate jobs outside accounting pay 20k plus for far less work:mad:

With enthusiasm like that I'm amazed you've not got a graduate job already.

Archived