From 2006 to 2008....

Martin_T

What was more influential in the decline of Hearts on-pitch performance?

• Romanov's failure to appoint an autonomous head coach
  • Bizarre team selections
  • A flawed player recruitment policy (Beslija, Makela etc)
  • Playing defenders in midfield when we had midfielders sitting on the bench
  • Shoe horning players from a semi-professional league into the team ahead of other players we were paying huge salaries to sit on their erse
  • The endless myriad of sporting directors (at it's peak, Koslovski, Malofeev and Korobochka)
  • Employing Malofeev as pre-season trainer
  • Constantly rotating the squad, going to Tynecastle not having a fecking clue as to who would be playing
  • Randomly promoting young players into the first team for major games before they were ready
  • Dropping key players to the bench or out of the team altogether with 'flu'
  • Having a coaching set up that involved one guy picking the team, another the tactics and another facing the media
  • The total lack of internal discipline for some players, but draconian discipline for others (Hartley, Gordon dropped, Pressley effectively sacked)

OR

• Robbie Neilson's performances at right back.

cosanostra

• Romanov's failure to appoint an autonomous head coach
  • Bizarre team selections
  • A flawed player recruitment policy (Beslija, Makela etc)
  • Playing defenders in midfield when we had midfielders sitting on the bench
  • Shoe horning players from a semi-professional league into the team ahead of other players we were paying huge salaries to sit on their erse
  • The endless myriad of sporting directors (at it's peak, Koslovski, Malofeev and Korobochka)
  • Employing Malofeev as pre-season trainer
  • Constantly rotating the squad, going to Tynecastle not having a fecking clue as to who would be playing
  • Randomly promoting young players into the first team for major games before they were ready
  • Dropping key players to the bench or out of the team altogether with 'flu'
  • Having a coaching set up that involved one guy picking the team, another the tactics and another facing the media
  • The total lack of internal discipline for some players, but draconian discipline for others (Hartley, Gordon dropped, Pressley effectively sacked)

OR

• Robbie Neilson's performances at right back.

The lack of discipline stemmed from having no manager.

The lack of decent players stemmed from having no manager and having an egomaniac moron decide who we signed.

The lack of coherent tactics and team selection was a result of having no manager and 3 losers and a fax machine in charge.

Basically, our on-field problems were all caused by Vlad thinking that he could be a football manager.

bighusref

Robbie Neilson's performances at right back.

Has anybody suggested that?

Has anybody suggested that?

One contributor has suggested, that Hearts poor league performance was down to 'Goncalves and Neilson's poor performances at full back', whilst conveniently ignoring the other points yes.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I'm really enjoying the season so far.

I predict some more twists and turns and ups and downs on the Hearts roller coaster this season but its been the same as long as i can remember.

4th will do,3rd would be better & a good return and one that i would have grabbed with both hands at the start of the season.

One contributor has suggested, that Hearts poor league performance was down to 'Goncalves and Neilson's poor performances at full back', whilst conveniently ignoring the other points yes.

And this has only ever been said about those 2 on JKB, did you start a thread like this when the players who hardly ever seen the pitch got blamed.........Klimeks/Benisuis(spell?)/Pilibitas etc etc or did you just ignore that?

cosanostra

We did have some shocking performances at full back last year and the year before. I'd agree to an extent that weakness in those areas did contribute to a lot of goals against and dropped points.

Poor full backs were a relatively small problem when compared to the massive management and structural problems we had though.

bighusref

Where was that?

I can only assume it is on another thread, something you are not capable of or minded to responding directly, as I cannot see it on this thread.

bighusref
And this has only ever been said about those 2 on JKB, did you start a thread like this when the players who hardly ever seen the pitch got blamed.........Klimeks/Benisuis(spell?)/Pilibitas etc etc or did you just ignore that?

Don't be silly, unlike those players, Neilson is a "decent lad" and is therefore a better player than any non "decent lad".

I honestly don't get the point you are trying to make?

I honestly don't get the point you are trying to make?

You seem to be having a go at a poster who has blamed a couple of players whilst ignoring other events/players.

So i asked if you have done the same(started a thread asking a similar question) when others have blamed some players for our woes who hardly pulled on the jesrsey whilst ignoring other events/players. You seem to have ignored those threads.

Why, apart form it being one of your favourites who is getting critisised, did you feel the need to start this thread, as BH asked could you not have kept it in the thread you referred to.

Believe it or not fans will all have differing opinions on certain players.

johnniejambo

if anybody needs singled out for thursday it was mickey stewart the way he was playing i thought he was playing for hibs he was shocking and getting in the refs face all the time is detriment to our aim coz he will get sent off for it eventually

yes robbie wasnt great but neither was bruno,eggy(who was played in wrong position)kara,zali,and the others mediocre kello was motm with wallace close behind and driver was good but no end product

You seem to be having a go at a poster who has blamed a couple of players whilst ignoring other events/players.

So i asked if you have done the same(started a thread asking a similar question) when others have blamed some players for our woes who hardly pulled on the jesrsey whilst ignoring other events/players. You seem to have ignored those threads.

Why, apart form it being one of your favourites who is getting critisised, did you feel the need to start this thread, as BH asked could you not have kept it in the thread you referred to.

Believe it or not fans will all have differing opinions on certain players.

That isn't the point of this thread though. Substitute in an individual of a choice for Neilson's name if it makes it clearer.

It should be fairly obvious to anyone with even half a brain that Robbie Neilson is about as far back on Hearts' list of problems over the last few years as the Hobos' last Cup win is on the calendar.

The current witch-hunt being mounted against RN by a certain person who was eager to persuade us to accept all management/committee decisions - no matter how absurd - of the last few seasons without demur evokes a certain nostalgie de la boue. He seemed to prefer the days when we had ***** management choosing ***** loan players to achieve ***** results. The current system of the best players available for each position being selected maybe doesn't suit him.

bighusref
In fairness might be something to do with the fact that most people would rate Neilson above those players. You don't fair do's, however, a lot of people do.

If Neilson was Lithuanian or a Kaunas player some of his harshest critics would defend to him the hilt.

I referred to that as when Neilson was being criticised by some the defence by some was that exact term. I cannot fathom how his being a "decent lad" makes him a better player or immune from criticism.

That isn't the point of this thread though. Substitute in an individual of a choice for Neilson's name if it makes it clearer.

No, the point of the thread is to make your point by way of ignoring the other posters view.

Had you the ability to back up your debate you could have continued it with the poster that said what you refer to in the OP.

I'll ask again, where is that said?

...No, the point of the thread is to make your point by way of ignoring the other posters view.

Had you the ability to back up your debate you could have continued it with the poster that said what you refer to in the OP.

I'll ask again, where is that said?

TBF, have you ever tried to debate with the poster alluded to?

I've been attempting to debate the other thread with its OP but its like running through treacle.

bighusref
TBF, have you ever tried to debate with the poster alluded to?

I've been attempting to debate the other thread with its OP but its like running through treacle.

Just to clarify, the person that said the quote I used in my post is the OP for this thread. He didn't have the nous to respond so started his own thread.

As for the OP for the other thread, I have tried in the past, it is a thankless task. :)

Maybe the OP of the other thread could start a new thread asking,' if because there have been other problems at Tynecastle, does that make Robbie Neilson a good football player'?

:batman:

Maybe the OP of the other thread could start a new thread asking,' if because there have been other problems at Tynecastle, does that make Robbie Neilson a good football player'?

:batman:

That'll never happen Gambo.

The OP of the other thread would have to acknowledge that there have been other problems at Tynecastle if this was the case.

jambonian

For me the start of the downward spiral started the day Burley got sacked. Only an egomaniac would sack a manager that has you sitting top of the League playing attacking attractive football. After Ivanauskas came in, that's when the alarm bells started ringing for me and we never performed, right through from the Rix fiasco aswell. We've had players on form dropped for no reason, players unhappy about how the club was run, the Pressley nonsense, fax machines, interferring busybodies with no actual idea what they're doing, pyjama man, some weirdo putting sticks on players to see if they were fit, the list is endless, if it happened at any other club, we'd be pashin ourselves laughing! 2007/08 i wasn't going to renew my season ticket but i backed down in the end, 07/08 and finnishing 8th totally done me in and i didn't renew for this season, the way things are at the moment, i won't be renewing for next season either, there's only so much you can stomach after 25 years but there you go.

Trolling OP, imo.

Gimpy use of internet terminology IMO.

Archived