1st Record / CD ever Bought

Jambo2006

vladtheexhaler

The KLF - Last train to trancentral (Live from the lost continent)

summer nights for single

showaddywaddy for album.

The last vinyl album i bought was Johnny hates Jazz. My taste actually got worse.

jack hmfc

Single-Long Haired Lover From Liverpool-Jimmy Osmond.

LP-Rattus Norvegicus-The Stranglers

dodethejambo

Exploited-ArmyLife.jpg

Bought in Ripping records (when it had a basement)

:punk:

This thread just shows you how much of an impact Slade had on the youth in the 70's.Superb singles and live band.How many kickbackers wrote Slade with a felt tip pen on their hands like one of their album covers.

bigbadbill

"The Buddy Holly Story" an LP (remember them) in April 1959. I didn't have anything to play it on and had to go to a nearby auntie's house to listen to it on their Dansette. I've still got it and it still plays, though not as well as it once did!

by the way- red hot chili peppers

Class album, that was one of the first I bought too and one that got me into the Rock genre I think. Them and Linkin Park.

Serj Tankian

H.A.P.P.Y. Radio - Edwin Starr single

Eat to the Beat - Blondie LP

Creeping Death - Metallica CD

and last cd bought was Brotherhood - Chemical Brothers ?2 fopp

aitcheeayartees
Exploited-ArmyLife.jpg

Bought in Ripping records (when it had a basement)

:punk:

Did it have a basement? I remember it had upstairs and the rare records where on the back wall behind glass. I used to go in everyday to see my mate davie when i was 16 and worked in chambers street. Do you remember all the second hand records at greyfriars records too? I remember buying a snare drum from the drummer of the Valves in there. You have brought back some happy memories dode!

Album - 22 Golden Guitar Greats - Bert Weedon

Single - Either

Gudbuy t' Jane - Slade

or

Heart of Stone - Kenny

IronJambo

on vinyl, guns n roses - appetite for destruction

still got it, shame it doesn't have the original artwork on the sleeve

Did it have a basement? I remember it had upstairs and the rare records where on the back wall behind glass. I used to go in everyday to see my mate davie when i was 16 and worked in chambers street. Do you remember all the second hand records at greyfriars records too? I remember buying a snare drum from the drummer of the Valves in there. You have brought back some happy memories dode!

Im sure it never had a basement,it was called Sound Centre in they days.Nik worked upstairs were the Bootlegs were,he stayed beside me in Dumbiedykes and still works their,pity he's a hobo.Ezy Rider was in Greyfriars market you could sell your albums for a quid,but had to pay 1.80 to get them back.Once sold 20 albums to go and see Alloa v Hearts in the league cup.

aitcheeayartees
Im sure it never had a basement,it was called Sound Centre in they days.Nik worked upstairs were the Bootlegs were,he stayed beside me in Dumbiedykes and still works their,pity he's a hobo.Ezy Rider was in Greyfriars market you could sell your albums for a quid,but had to pay 1.80 to get them back.Once sold 20 albums to go and see Alloa v Hearts in the league cup.

Sound centre and Eazy Rider aye i remember now! i knew Nik as well he was about ages with me and i had a feeling he still works there but wasnt sure til you said. Cheers for that Jack

Single: Prefab Sprout - The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Album: 2 Unlimited - No Limits

dodethejambo

Im sure it had a basement (late 70's early 80's) I recall buying some Madness pictures from downstairs.

Anyone remember the name of the record shop in Newington, it had Space Invader machines at the back of the shop.

First vinyl single was 'It's My Party' by Leslie Gore, which I bought as a birthday prezzie for my big sister.

First album I bought (for me, not my sis) was Sgt Pepper. Still have it, and it's going with me to the cremetorium....

Jimmy McNulty
Echo Beach - Martha and the Muffins. Still have it to this day.

I met Martha in Toronto once. She was nice.

dodethejambo
I met Martha in Toronto once. She was nice.

How were her muffins?

:err:

My memory ain't that grand, but I reckon first single was You're In a Bad Way by Saint Etienne, and album was Suede by Suede.

JT's & Irons

Single - Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold. (Cos I was a lonely boy)

Album - Going for the One by Yes (Cos I was conned by the TV advert into thinking it was hard rockin. It weren't)

First record was 'Prince Charming' and first album was 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' both bu Adam and the Ants and both purchased in Trax on Gorgie Road.

Not a bad start but then some of the first records I ever bought included 'Evory and Ivory' and 'The Frog Chorus'!

Buffalo Bill

I confess to owning a 45 Double A - The Ying Tong Song/I'm Walking Backwards to Christmas. A gift from some strange family crones. They were known in the family as "the three Aunties fae Leith."

I suppose they were Great Aunts and I think a couple of them were married and widowed and then converged in a flat near the bottom of the Walk. Never met them, never even knew their names. The cards were always signed "The Aunties." One day the gifts just...stopped. Wasn't too upset tbh as they were rubbish.

Heard later on that one of them actually retired to bed where she stayed for nigh-on twenty five years, passing on when the other two got rightly fed up waiting on her hand on foot and presumably shuffled off earlier just to spite her.

Walter Kidd

First record I bought with my paper round money was Going Underground by The Jam.

First single my old fellah bought me was Into the Valley by The Skids.

Adi Dassler

7" (1991 Re-issue) 'Should I Stay or Should I Go' by The Clash from Woolworths in Ayr.

First single was "Runaway Boys" by the Stray Cats.

First album was "Kings of the Wild Frontier" by Adam and the Ants.

Era Macaroons
First single was "Runaway Boys" by the Stray Cats.

First album was "Kings of the Wild Frontier" by Adam and the Ants.

ha...funnily enough the above was my first single, first album was Prince Charming by same

Archived