4th place

heartsfc_fan

Take 4th place?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Take 4th place?

• Yes
    • No

heartsfc_fan

In all seriousness...after tonights joke of a performance.

Would you take 4th place if it was handed on a plate to you right now?

Csaba's Broon Shoes
In all seriousness...after tonights joke of a performance.

Would you take 4th place if it was handed on a plate to you right now?

Nade would grab the plate

heartsfc_fan

I know it sounds very negative and pathetic...but I can only see us taking a point at best (2 if we are lucky) from our next two games :(

That could leave us with a last game of the season.....Celtic away :(

I know it sounds very negative and pathetic...but I can only see us taking a point at best (2 if we are lucky) from our next two games :(

Funny i was saying the exact same thing as above to my mates tonight.

I think we could be in real trouble.

heartsfc_fan

Consolation is that Aberdeen still effectively have to win 2 games more than us - this hasn't changed.

Dagger Is Back

Avoid defeat against Utd and the Sheep and I think we'll be there.

That would give us 56 points. Utd are on 53 just now and may only take that single point against us with nothing from the bigot brothers to finish on 54.

Aberdeen are on 49 and with a point from us and 3 against Hibs, (nowt against der Hun) they'd finish with 53.

It's tighter than a gnats though. Who said the split was kack?

I voted no.

Tonight was a sore one, a poor performance that left a bad taste in our mouths. It stung. A lot.

But one bad game (albeit against that bunch of *****) shouldn't dictate the rest of the season. Dundee Utd aren't in great form themselves, and still have to play both Rangers and Celtic. A point v Aberdeen and a point v Dundee Utd would be enough to secure 3rd IMO, a win against Dundee Utd would secure it.

So let's dust ourselves down, pick ourselves up and push on for 3rd. It's still ours to lose, so lets make sure we don't!!!

JamboMarc

I'll only accept 4th is 3rd is mathematically impossible. We are in the best position out of the 3 teams! No matter how poor we were tonight we should still get 3rd place.

hearts_crazy

Yup.

On the other hand, Hibs now have 5th to aim for so they'll be more up for the game against Aberdeen, so hopefully they can do us a wee favour there. Dundee Utd still have us at Tynie and both the OF to play too, they've had their 'easy' games.

maroonedinoz

We're in danger of turning into a bunch of nervous Nellies!!

FFs it may have been the derby but it is still only ONE game.

Third place is totally achievable, and expactations of anything less should not be contemplated.

We'll finsih third...and I'm sure the bookies agree with me.

hearts_crazy
I voted no.

Tonight was a sore one, a poor performance that left a bad taste in our mouths. It stung. A lot.

But one bad game (albeit against that bunch of *****) shouldn't dictate the rest of the season. Dundee Utd aren't in great form themselves, and still have to play both Rangers and Celtic. A point v Aberdeen and a point v Dundee Utd would be enough to secure 3rd IMO, a win against Dundee Utd would secure it.

So let's dust ourselves down, pick ourselves up and push on for 3rd. It's still ours to lose, so lets make sure we don't!!!

Agreed, and probably the most down to Earth post of the evening too. Utd missed their chance to get above us tonight, their remaining games should ensure that this was their last chance to do so. Bad day at the office tonight, but we are still third, it's still in our own hands to keep it that way.

jambogarry
Nade would grab the plate

And eat it ,the fat lazy barsteward.

Nade out.

peebles jambo

after last night humiliation, i still think we'll finish third, remember united have still to play the ugly sisters and visit tynie, if we can get a point off the sheep, we'll beat united at tynie, last nights farccical display wont be repeated this season

The Merse
after last night humiliation, i still think we'll finish third, remember united have still to play the ugly sisters and visit tynie, if we can get a point off the sheep, we'll beat united at tynie, last nights farccical display wont be repeated this season

We'll lose at Pittodrie, like usual.

Archived