TPC Sawgrass

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

They should just play the 17th there and nothing else.Great entertainment there watching all these pros go in the water on what has been a **** night.

Gerd Muller

only just switched on channel surfing the now. That hole is mental !!

The 17th at Sawgrass is THE greatest hole in golf.

I would absolutely give my left testicle just to play that hole and say that I did it, rather than any hole in the world.

18th at Pebble Beach, 17th at St Andrews.......

That one hole.

I P Knightley

Golf courses with island greens and fountains in lakes by the clubhouse should be boycotted by any self-respecting golfer. They're an affront to all that's good about golf.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
The 17th at Sawgrass is THE greatest hole in golf.

I would absolutely give my left testicle just to play that hole and say that I did it, rather than any hole in the world.

18th at Pebble Beach, 17th at St Andrews.......

That one hole.

I get it on the green at the first attempt, each time I play Tiger Woods 2009.

Easy.

They should just play the 17th there and nothing else.Great entertainment there watching all these pros go in the water on what has been a **** night.

You can watch nothing but the 17th hole at pgatour.com. I'm sure they have a live camera at that hole where you can watch every golfer.

Say What Again

There's a stickied golf thread for all you weirdos to discuss this mince.

Apologies, I detest golfers (stereotypical golf club members). With numerous reasons too.

I P Knightley
There's a stickied golf thread for all you weirdos to discuss this mince.

Apologies, I detest golfers (stereotypical golf club members). With numerous reasons too.

Did one of them grass you up for running on to pinch the golf balls in order to sell them back a few holes later?

:)

Say What Again
Did one of them grass you up for running on to pinch the golf balls in order to sell them back a few holes later?

:)

It's the pompousness of the club 'members' (how apt) and rules. No jeans, no women, no mobile phones, shirt must have a collar, shorts can only be a certain length and with socks pulled up!

A young guy I worked with did a Saturday afternoon behind the bar at a Lothians golf club. He walked out after the general manager gave him a dressing down for addressing a member as 'mate' (what can I get you mate?). The member wrote a letter of complaint to the committee. What type of person takes time out to sit and write a letter complaining about being called mate? A golf club member.

After that, a young girl I know took a job behind the bar in the same club. Her very first customer complained because she poured his Coke into a schooner glass and not a branded Coca Cola glass (which she didn't even know they had). Apparently 'that's why Coca Cola make these glasses'.

What a bell end.

Obviously not every golf club member is a complete and utter german helmet, but you will find a far higher percentage of ****s in golf clubs than most other places (Easter Road being an exception)

I P Knightley
It's the pompousness of the club 'members' (how apt) and rules. No jeans, no women, no mobile phones, shirt must have a collar, shorts can only be a certain length and with socks pulled up!

A young guy I worked with did a Saturday afternoon behind the bar at a Lothians golf club. He walked out after the general manager gave him a dressing down for addressing a member as 'mate' (what can I get you mate?). The member wrote a letter of complaint to the committee. What type of person takes time out to sit and write a letter complaining about being called mate? A golf club member.

After that, a young girl I know took a job behind the bar in the same club. Her very first customer complained because she poured his Coke into a schooner glass and not a branded Coca Cola glass (which she didn't even know they had). Apparently 'that's why Coca Cola make these glasses'.

What a bell end.

Obviously not every golf club member is a complete and utter german helmet, but you will find a far higher percentage of ****s in golf clubs than most other places (Easter Road being an exception)

Fully agree that there are bellends that choose to gather as golf club members. Thankfully at my club, they are certainly the monority but some of them just don't realised that when they harrumph on about this or that, everyone else is either just ignoring them or sving it up to take the p155 behind their backs.

Although I'm not a complete stickler, I like there being a dress code. Sorry - it's just the way I like it. I suppose it gives me somewhere with sanctuary from seeing chavs, neds and others in fitba tops.

That said, on the odd occassion I play at a club where they insist on knee length socks with shorts, I make a point of looking out my Hearts or old rugby socks - a trick I learnt from a friend who's a member at a club with such a rule and has been club champion a couple of times. He'd go along to play straight from a game of rugby with his green and gold stripey socks caked in mud, challenging the members to say anything.

Archived