Waiting for Godot

IronJambo

IronJambo

Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

I had the severe displeasure of going to this last night. If any of you that live in london, or are visiting london are planning on seeing this do yourself a favour and poke needles in your eyeballs instead.

this is 2 and half hours of your life you will never get back.

as rubbish as the play was though, the aforementioned actors were fantastic in their roles

Commander Harris

meant to catch this at the kings as it's not often you get actors of that calibre in Edinburgh but was too slow and missed out.

IronJambo
meant to catch this at the kings as it's not often you get actors of that calibre in Edinburgh but was too slow and missed out.

they were both excellent and complemented each other well. its a shame the play itself is so excruciatingly boring that even they couldn't keep me awake.

Would've loved to have gone to see it! Waiting for Godot is one of the best modern works out there.

Fact, end off, etc.

The People's Chimp
Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

I had the severe displeasure of going to this last night. If any of you that live in london, or are visiting london are planning on seeing this do yourself a favour and poke needles in your eyeballs instead.

this is 2 and half hours of your life you will never get back.

as rubbish as the play was though, the aforementioned actors were fantastic in their roles

It's an excellent play. When it was on up here I said at the time:

"i thought i wanted to go and see this, until I saw the two unbearable luvvies who are "starring" in this production...."

You spend all day waiting for godot and then three come along at once.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My new woman went to see that the other week

I was extremely jealous, she loved it

Horatio Caine

It has got to be the most boring play ever written.

And that's saying something!

IronJambo
Would've loved to have gone to see it! Waiting for Godot is one of the best modern works out there.

Fact, end off, etc.

so i'm told.

but neave, i bow to the superior intellect that you and others have that helps them appreciate this work.

me too

i loved the play and think those 2 would have been magnificent in it

I went to see it at the Kings a few weeks ago.

I agree that the play itself is really dry, but at least PS and IMcK made it interesting! Enjoyed it, on the whole.

Captain Sausage

Was forced to study this for IB HL English. Was the most boring thing I have ever done. It was so bad that when Jane Eyre came round, we were fascinated.

I can understand a play in which their is minimal action, where there is only a climax. But a play in which there is nothing? Bonkers.

so i'm told.

but neave, i bow to the superior intellect that you and others have that helps them appreciate this work.

Nothing to do with intellect, mate. Just I've written about 3 essays on Beckett and read countless books about his work, so I can see the point in, well, nothing happening, as I know what I'm looking for (and have an idea on what the ****ing thing's about)!

I P Knightley

I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that, after all that waiting, Godot never turned up.

IronJambo
I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone but I have to say I was a bit disappointed that, after all that waiting, Godot never turned up.

i really wish someone had told me this beforehand as i sat in an empty theatre staring at an empty stage for two hours. i just thought he was late

Archived