Let the Chelsea result be a warning to us

CJGJ

No game is foregone conclusion -- we should be confident but not over confident, we need to keep our discipline and team shape and we can win.

However football is not a science and many things can interrupt the the expected outcome -- how many times have we gone to Fester road with weakened teams and pulled off a result.

Time to stand up and be counted boys -- we are due a result and I don't mean just a 1-0 win.

wright1989

I expected Barca to go through and so did a lot of people. But yeah anything can happen.

No game is foregone conclusion -- we should be confident but not over confident, we need to keep our discipline and team shape and we can win.

However football is not a science and many things can interrupt the the expected outcome -- how many times have we gone to Fester road with weakened teams and pulled off a result.

Time to stand up and be counted boys -- we are due a result and I don't mean just a 1-0 win.

Yeah, getting beat by Barca in the champs league bears so much relevance to a game at home to Hibs... Real warning shot that one.

Professor.Arturo
Yeah, getting beat by Barca in the champs league bears so much relevance to a game at home to Hibs... Real warning shot that one.

If McDonald was the ref tonight I'd agree with the original post. Chelsea were cheated pure and simple.......as it is, he's not, so bring on the Hobo's!

I think it is a fair comparison to compare both games. Afterall Fletcher will be playing against Barca next year. Rankin should be playing for Barca just now in the middle with Iniesta and Xavi and Rob Jones could surely Captain them.

Dave 1974
If McDonald was the ref tonight I'd agree with the original post. Chelsea were cheated pure and simple.......as it is, he's not, so bring on the Hobo's!

Cheated?

'The' penalty that was awarded, never was one. the exact same incident happened to Messi, i believe at the other end, except there WAS contact, but nothing was given.

Granted the hand ball should have been awarded, but these things happen.

Overall, the best team won.

Archived