Updated remake of Reggie Perrin sitcom.

Victorian

Victorian

watching this utter bollox, more licence fee money slashed up the nearest wall.

if they had to make another crap sitcom, they really should have had the decency to spend some time and effort to come up with an original crap sitcom instead of piggybacking the mighty Leonard Rossiter series, which could and should be repeated.... not least because it's got that rare quality when it comes to BBC sitcoms.... it's very funny.

Leonard Rossiter - Martin Clunes... says it all really.

watching this utter bollox, more licence fee money slashed up the nearest wall.

if they had to make another crap sitcom, they really should have had the decency to spend some time and effort to come up with an original crap sitcom instead of piggybacking the mighty Leonard Rossiter series, which could and should be repeated.... not least because it's got that rare quality when it comes to BBC sitcoms.... it's very funny.

Leonard Rossiter - Martin Clunes... says it all really.

I didn't get where i am today by agreeing with posts but..em..i agree with this.

Just shows you how good Rossiter was.

It was embarrassing . So not funny compared to the original.

I have turned over to Gold and am watching a Christmas edition of Fools and Horses, now this is funny.

Victorian
I didn't get where i am today by agreeing with posts but..em..i agree with this.

Just shows you how good Rossiter was.

not just Rossiter. the entire cast in the original series were genius comic actors.

this new thing is an afront to comedy.

Mr God Awful Ugly

I feared the worst when watching the first one last week, but have to admit having a good chortle on a few occassions.

However, it may have just been bringing back memories of how good the original was.

Better than throwing sh ite at ones self.

reggie perrin was fantastic.

i've not watched any of the remake as i don't really want to.

it was repeated oooh late 80s early 90s?? it was the first time i'd seen it and remember choking with laugher on numerous occasions. great telly

Currahee!

The original is often repeated on UK Gold. Usually about once a year. It's superb stuff, not like that new rubbish.

Carl Spackler

I thought the new one was quite good last week. The thing I liked the most was the cut scenes showing what he actually wanted to do prior to showing what he actually does in given situations.

However, I understand this was the hallmark of the original which I haven't seen.

I think therefore people might be pre-judging it a bit. In itself it's quite good I think (for a BBC1 sitcom), maybe it's just not as good as the original.

Anyway, what's wrong with Martin Clunes?

Boab Mugabe

The remake is horrendous and an affront to the excellent original. Is there really that great a lack of comedy writers in this country that we're subjected to this?

The re-make is pretty poor, the original was excellent, but the Reggie Perrin books are fantastic. I am reading the omnibus edition just now for the second time. Brilliant.

Better get used to it as I have it on very good authority that the beeb are remaking Fawlty Towers with Graham Norton.............watch this space.

Professor.Arturo
Better get used to it as I have it on very good authority that the beeb are remaking Fawlty Towers with Graham Norton.............watch this space.

That better be a joke!!

As for Reggie Perrin, not watched the new remake, its just so wrong on all levels.

reginald1.jpg

Archived