Will Brown resign?

Coco

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2009/apr/29/michael-white-gordon-brown-tipping-point

When the Guardian's chief Labour party supporter is suggesting the game is up for Brown surely the time is coming for him to be led away by the men in grey suits?

With a year to go and despite the more damage done by Brown every day that he remains in office, I am actually torn on this issue. I hope to see him suffer the biggest election loss in the UK's history, rather than him skulking away ...

The People's Chimp
I hope to see him suffer the biggest election loss in the UK's history, rather than him skulking away ...

And David Cameron enjoy a huge Tory majority?

No thanks. If anyone thinks we'd be in a better state under tory rule, they need their head examined.

Cameron would have reigned in the excesses of the banks right enough....:err:

Stuart Lyon

Agent747 - he was voted into power by his constituents. The major political parties select their leader and therefore the PM if they have a majority in the House of Commons. The Tories are adept at this practice.

And David Cameron enjoy a huge Tory majority?

No thanks. If anyone thinks we'd be in a better state under tory rule, they need their head examined.

Cameron would have reigned in the excesses of the banks right enough....:err:

Yes there are arguments about whether the Tories would have mismanaged the economy and the banks as badly for 12 years and whether they would have mismanaged the 'rescue' as badly, but from here the Tory proposals on regulating public debt and on a return to the supervisory role of the Bank of England are far superior to the appalling management of the economy by Brown in the last 10 years and the appalling regulatory setup in the financial system that he created.

On all issues I think that the overriding Cameron view of personal liberty rather than Brown's delight in state control is better for the long term of all in this country.

Carl Spackler
Yes there are arguments about whether the Tories would have mismanaged the economy and the banks as badly for 12 years and whether they would have mismanaged the 'rescue' as badly, but from here the Tory proposals on regulating public debt and on a return to the supervisory role of the Bank of England are far superior to the appalling management of the economy by Brown in the last 10 years and the appalling regulatory setup in the financial system that he created.

On all issues I think that the overriding Cameron view of personal liberty rather than Brown's delight in state control is better for the long term of all in this country.

The fact of the matter is that everyone thought it was all going great under the marvellously prudent Brown and he was happy to take the credit for it. Now it's gone tit$ up and he is taking as little of the blame as possible. To make matters worse he is now trying to salvage popularity by reverting to his own underlying left-wing politics.

Fiscal prudence was not in evidence anyway, Labour were putting everything on tic (PFI) an deferring our tax burden. Now they have just gone all out and done the equivalent of that daft bint calling Ocean Finance on the s$?t station adverts. Only the government has done it on an incomprehensible scale.

Whether the tories would have controlled the banks and consequently the wider economy any better I'm not sure. Maybe they would maybe they wouldn't but the current f%$k up happened on Brown and Labour's watch and if that isn't reason enough to boot them out I don't know what is.

portobellojambo1
Whether the tories would have controlled the banks and consequently the wider economy any better I'm not sure.

I honestly don't think it would have mattered who had been in power in relation to recent economic events CS. The effects would have been the same irrespective of the political leanings of the government in power, whether in this country or in any other. A lot of the legislation in place may have been totally different, but I am not convinced that would have impacted on how things have panned out.

However, from a UK perspective, what the Conservatives are proposing going forward certainly looks more attractive to individuals than anything Labour have suggested.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Stupid issue for the Gnment to try and win.

The Gurkas been shate on by this and previous Governments meant Brown could have done the decent thing and gave them UK residence after 9years service or honour medal or injury.

But to try and deny people who actually serve this nation is daft.

Don't wanna get a race card but im gonna,people who do bugger all can stay here cuss they got relatives etc yet Gurkas cant is mad.Glad they lost and very sad they didn't amend the issue first.

Even more scared that Cameron is gonna walk the next election was just praying he makes big mistake soon and hurts Tories but not looking good were in for a T=Blair clone :toilet: we will be so screwed by the jump on the bandwagon politics...

Not unless he is pushed...the man is utterly deluded and still thinks he has saved the world...it took him decades to get him to be where he is today..and about a couple of years to feck it right up..even so he'll not give up without one messy labour in-fighting battle..what's new really

So, Brown resigns, is replaced by politician x, another corrupt, hopeless, self-serving dick. Politician x resigns, is replaced by politician y, another corrupt, hopeless, self-serving dick. Politician y resigns, is replaced by politician z..................and so on, and so on, and so on.

Archived