"Gay footballers take a shot at cup final glory"

Auld Reekin'

why have a separate gay competition? why can't gay people be accepted into the regular sports leagues? it just creates an "us and them" mentality

edit: it's not as if "they" are trying to bum "us" in the changing rooms

why have a separate gay competition? why can't gay people be accepted into the regular sports leagues? it just creates an "us and them" mentality

edit: it's not as if "they" are trying to bum "us" in the changing rooms

Without going too far off topic, I agree with you.

I don't believe any social boundaries are likely to be broken down by building divisions. We don't watch the heterosexual league, we watch football and it is open to all men of all colour and sexuality.

Without going too far off topic, I agree with you.

I don't believe any social boundaries are likely to be broken down by building divisions. We don't watch the heterosexual league, we watch football and it is open to all men of all colour and sexuality.

And, of course the nice, non-judgemental, white, heterosexual majority of fans NEVER EVER give players any abuse for their colour, race or sexual orientation. As long as there is prejudice there will be minority groups who will group together and organise, That's what causes the divisions.

And, of course the nice, non-judgemental, white, heterosexual majority of fans NEVER EVER give players any abuse for their colour, race or sexual orientation. As long as there is prejudice there will be minority groups who will group together and organise, That's what causes the divisions.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I would say that the sense of difference or division will only maintain as long as those groups exist. I hope they do well as I bear no ill will to anybody because of their sexuality, but their existence has forced me to discuss their sexuality when, in reality, we should just be saying well done to a Scottish football team. Why oh why is it of any relevance what they choose to do or whom they choose to do it with? They like football and they are doing good, THAT should be the story.

Come on the gayboys,metaphorically speaking:err:

Were right behind you,metaphorically speaking...again:err:

Best of luck...thats better:shifty:

Frankenstein Jambo.

''The team believe the emergence of openly gay footballers in the SPL and English Premiership is at just a matter of time.''

I doubt that very much. There is too much focus and spotlight on football players these days and doubt any high profile player will ever 'come out.'

No doubt there are loads out there.

''The team believe the emergence of openly gay footballers in the SPL and English Premiership is at just a matter of time.''

I doubt that very much. There is too much focus and spotlight on football players these days and doubt any high profile player will ever 'come out.'

No doubt there are loads out there.

It's already happened with Fashanu and it is only a matter of time before it happens again.

What is needed is a player like Roy Keane being gay.

I.e. An absolute monster on the pitch that nobody messes with.

You wouldn'y call him a poof :D

Fat Striker
It's already happened with Fashanu and it is only a matter of time before it happens again.

Thing is... that was nearly 20 years ago.

The floodgates haven't exactly opened have they?

We've had one journey-man footballer (at that stage of his career) out of all the thousands of professional players through the years actually 'come out'.

I reckon it would take a high-profile football 'superstar' who was held in such high regard that his career wouldn't suffer for this taboo to finally disappear. After that...others would follow.

I genuinely can't see it happening though.

Thing is... that was nearly 20 years ago.

The floodgates haven't exactly opened have they?

We've had one journey-man footballer (at that stage of his career) out of all the thousands of professional players through the years actually 'come out'.

I reckon it would take a high-profile football 'superstar' who was held in such high regard that his career wouldn't suffer for this taboo to finally disappear. After that...others would follow.

I genuinely can't see it happening though.

You are correct, it has been some time. I honestly think it will happen. I suppose I kinda hope it will happen, to think that we will continue to put people in that position is quite sad.

I hope it does happen..I have lots of gay friends..and some can actually play football as well! Life's too short to stigmatise people, what they do in the privacy of their own homes is basically up to them. If a striker scored 20 goals a season for Hearts I simply wouldn't care even if he hosted male orgies every Sunday night!

Archived