U19: The Big Day

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Today the U19s play ICT up north at 13:30.

But the most important match for Hearts is currently being played, Hibs U19 v Motherwell U19. If the game finishes as a draw or a win to Motherwell then Hearts just need to win the last three games to win the league. But if Hibs win then its over for the season (except trying to get second place as Hearts are third and a point behind Rangers with a game in hand.)

http://www.futbol24.com/f24_livenow/LiveNow.html

Currently it is 0-0 between Motherwell and Hibs after 88 mins, mon the 'well.

And Hearts hav just kicked off against ICT.

jamboinglasgow
If Hibs win any game between now and the end of the season is that it over?

well in terms of us winning the league it is.

oh **** they just have scored. Of all the luck

edit: Marty, I was going to post this thread 40 mins ago but held off thinking I was tempting fate, two minutes to go and damn.

My crappy work internet connection doesn't let me listen to anything online - by my reckoning the final whistle is due soon at Fir Park - is it still 0-0??

Chris Benoit
well in terms of us winning the league it is.

oh **** they just have scored. Of all the luck

edit: Marty, I was going to post this thread 40 mins ago but held off thinking I was tempting fate, two minutes to go and damn.

next season show a bit more patience :hammer:

jamboinglasgow
Nice work, JiG!

:laugh:

I'm off to a dark corner to hang myself for being responsable for the U19s not winning the league.

:hanged:

D'oh! Ach well, as plenty people (notably Darren Murray) has said before, who really wants to win an U19 league when you can have U19 players promoted to the first team squad scoring goals against the likes o Hibs to make it 108 in a row?

The fact is that most other teams in Scotland actually promote their U19 players when they show a bit of potential. We also have 8 or so of our U19 players playing regularly for the reserve team so the U19s are being filled with even younger players - we were still good enough to hump hibs when we played them recently though, which forced them to go to the last game before claiming their 'glory title'.

Wee team, wee league.

I'm off to a dark corner to hang myself for being responsable for the U19s not winning the league.

:hanged:

JiG, see in the run in to the season for the 1st team. Gonny stay away from yer f***********in computer!!!!!!!! Don't need you to tempt a mass ripping up of passports!

Still a great season from the wee team considering they started poorly and have basically also been the reserve team for a large chunk of the season as well.

Lets get that 2nd Champs league in the bag and atleast we can say that the best 2 young teams in the country are in Edinburgh

JamboinGlasgow GTF!!!!!!!

capt.bb53b30e82e34d6b87ae51d853725e46.india_kashmir_protest_rmx105.jpg

Aye, boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

infidel. let's take out a jihad.

Let's banish him to... actually could it be worse than glesgy?

broughies tach

Does any one know the route the open top bus will be taking now that Princess Street is closed ?

Or are the council going to open it up (well lets face it there is as much chance of Hibs parading a cup along there as a fekin tram running)

Does any one know the route the open top bus will be taking now that Princess Street is closed ?

Or are the council going to open it up (well lets face it there is as much chance of Hibs parading a cup along there as a fekin tram running)

WTF

Clerry Jambo
Any update on the U19 jambos score? I can't access the link from work :(

zero zero nil nil zilch zilch

4-0 for the wee jambos according to hearts world.

Scorers: C Thomson (Pen) Novikovas, Robinson and Wallace I believe.

The Treasurer
Hibs just won it in the last minute.

Gash.

I await the OTT reaction from the EEN.

Conveyor belt, Brazilian-esque youngsters, continuing a long tradition etc etc.

I wonder when they'll print the Special Commemorative Magazine

Patrick Bateman
I await the OTT reaction from the EEN.

Conveyor belt, Brazilian-esque youngsters, continuing a long tradition etc etc.

I wonder when they'll print the Special Commemorative Magazine

No doubt they'll conveniently ignore their youths perchance for drink driving and ODing on pills :th_love:

jamboinglasgow

I know I am not the most popular person on this thread at the moment ;) but found it funny that on hibs.net, the thread about hibs winning has 114 posts. But the thread about our debt is 252 posts. Glad to see they have their priorties sorted out.

It has been a good effort from the lads this season and if they win the next two games they will finish only one point behind hibs in second place. I also know the quality of our U19s is much better than theirs and that more of our players will be at a higher level then theirs. They managed to play as a team from the start while we slowly got going early on. But the lads shouldn't be down and proud at how they have come back in the second half of the season.

And I am now living in exile in the terror that is Glasgow for my jinxing.

Footballfirst

And a well done from me too. Their next game is against Falkirk on Tuesday 28th at Riccarton- 1pm KO.

Charlie-Brown

Fairplay to Hibs for winning the title but their wonderkids know they haven't beaten Hearts U19 either last season or this season but we've beaten them......anyway our kids are on a very good run of results recently both at U19 & reserve level.....the future's Maroon! :)

I know I am not the most popular person on this thread[/b] at the moment ;) but found it funny that on hibs.net' date=' the thread about hibs winning has 114 posts. But the thread about our debt is 252 posts. Glad to see they have their priorties sorted out.

It has been a good effort from the lads this season and if they win the next two games they will finish only one point behind hibs in second place. I also know the quality of our U19s is much better than theirs and that more of our players will be at a higher level then theirs. They managed to play as a team from the start while we slowly got going early on. But the lads shouldn't be down and proud at how they have come back in the second half of the season.

And I am now living in exile in the terror that is Glasgow for my jinxing.[/quote']

Can I just say, as an Anglo exile, that you are very popular in the view of many people like myself. I get precious few opportunities to see the young lads and you provide many much-valued updates to enable us to best guess our future. Keep up the good the good work and don't let the critics stop you from voicing your opinion - you have as much right as them. Thanks.

Scorers: C Thomson (Pen) Novikovas, Robinson and Wallace I believe.

IF we get europe wrapped up should Novikovas get a chance in the big team b4 end of season??

Ryan Gosling
IF we get europe wrapped up should Novikovas get a chance in the big team b4 end of season??

No.

No special treatment.

Templeton has earned a shot, but Arvydas is still very young and very raw.

I know I am not the most popular person on this thread at the moment ;) but found it funny that on hibs.net, the thread about hibs winning has 114 posts. But the thread about our debt is 252 posts. Glad to see they have their priorties sorted out.

And I am now living in exile in the terror that is Glasgow for my jinxing.

jig, you and others have mentioned the fact that a lot of our youths have been playing for the reserves. You wouldn't hapen to know an average age of our U19 teams this season? Even better if you or someone else could compare it to the wee team's average age!

Well done to the Hobbits. Am I right in thinking 50% of their U19 league defeats came from Hearts this season?!

:10600:

Charlie-Brown

7 of the winning Hibs U19 team are too old for that age group next season but 8 Hearts kids in C.Thomson, Deland, Balatoni, D.McGowan, D.Thomson, Woods, Novikovas & Robinson are all eligible to play again next season which suggests the Hearts lads average at least a year younger than their Hibs counterparts.......our older U19's like Husband, Glen, Brown, R.Wallace & Stewart have also featured a lot in the reserves along with slightly older kids like Templeton, R.McGowan & Park.

Ryan Gosling
jig, you and others have mentioned the fact that a lot of our youths have been playing for the reserves. You wouldn't hapen to know an average age of our U19 teams this season? Even better if you or someone else could compare it to the wee team's average age!

Well done to the Hobbits. Am I right in thinking 50% of their U19 league defeats came from Hearts this season?!

:10600:

Don't know an average age but the youngest 'regulars' in the U19s are Dylan McGowan and Scott Robinson.

Archived