Golf Trolleys

Flux

Are they worth having?

Depends on how old you are and how good your back is. If your reasonably healthy and Below 40 years old then there is no need imo. But it's personal preferance. They are easier going i suppose

You notice a difference.

Or i do anyway.

Don't seem to be as knackered towards the end of the round which helps my concentration.

Suspect Device
Are they worth having?

yes

electric are the dugs danglies :)

dependent on budget, i'd go for a 3 wheeled push trolley rather than a 2 wheeled pull, but anything will be easier and not excert as much energy as carrying clubs. therefore you should improve :cool:

you can also take extra drinks, clothes, waterproofs etc. - much easier to have drinkies rolling on a trolley rather than carrying them ;)

Golf trollies are for woman and old men. Sam Torrance told me that. :)

Agreed. I used to play Torphin with a heavy old bag.

Actually come to think of it a trolley maybe is a good idea.:nooo:

I P Knightley
yes

electric are the dugs danglies :)

dependent on budget, i'd go for a 3 wheeled push trolley rather than a 2 wheeled pull, but anything will be easier and not excert as much energy as carrying clubs. therefore you should improve :cool:

you can also take extra drinks, clothes, waterproofs etc. - much easier to have drinkies rolling on a trolley rather than carrying them ;)

I had a pull trolley and hardly ever used it. Went to play last year just after my back had been bad and discovered that someone had lifted it from the store.

I got a deal on a Sun Mountain 3-wheeler, inflatable tyres, pushalong and won't look back. I bought it before I had the extent of my knee problems fully diagnosed and now I wouldn't carry at all.

I'm kicking myself that I never just waited until this summer when my youngest grows out of our Phil & Ted's buggy - everyone asks 'where's the baby?' when they see me with the Sun Mountain.

I got mine for ?80 as it had been in the shop for months and I'm a regular. It was on for ?120 full-price.

There's one they sell on eBay - Clic Gear - that seems to fold up a lot smaller than mine.

I agree with the comments made about staying power. I've noticed that my scores over the last 4 holes are slightly better when pushing rather than carrying.

Interestingly, I've had 3 pros independently tell me that juniors should have powered trollies. I won't go for one myself until I'm 50 although my regular partner got one last summer and swears by it - he's 46 and plays 3 or 4 times a week and he got it free. So I let him off.

Whatever you do, don't get a remote control one. For one: everyone will think you're a nob, for two: if you play with folk like me, you might find the remote controller goes missing when you're putting and you see your buggy heading down the 12th towards the water.:evil:

My back has been shot for years so I can't play without a trolley. Carrying the bag on one shoulder twists your back and I'm goosed after about 2 holes. I looked into getting a bag with the double carry straps (rucksack stylee) but couldn't get one big enough for all the crud I insist on carrying.

ArmiyaRomanova
My back has been shot for years so I can't play without a trolley. Carrying the bag on one shoulder twists your back and I'm goosed after about 2 holes. I looked into getting a bag with the double carry straps (rucksack stylee) but couldn't get one big enough for all the crud I insist on carrying.

Likewise...

I shared a two-person electric buggy on the KB golf outing at Craigmillar Park last year - first time I've ever used one.

That course is too damn hilly for my back, and I've had some atrocious rounds there, my game (such as it is) completely collapsing after nine holes or less.

But using a buggy was a small revelation - I did significantly better than I would have on the whole round as a result of not twisting my back dragging a trolley up and down all the hills.

Archived