Mobile Broadband

Heres Rixxy

Heres Rixxy

Thinking of getting Orange Mobile Broadband as sick of my mates playing online games slowing down my connection, especially when working. :hammer:

The speed though is a concern, says up to 3.6 MB/s but obviously depends on the usual "coverage level blah blah". Anyone else got it and can recommend it or an alternative?

I've got the 3 pay as you go service. It is pretty good and the speed isn't really a problem if you aren't downloading or streaming a lot of stuff. Also you get a surprising amount of time online for 1Gb. I wouldn't use it as my primary means of access but it is very useful if I'm away from home. Not sure if a contract would be worth it though.

Heres Rixxy

I was looking at getting 40GB usage for ?40 a month, 30 day rolling contract. not fussed about cost as my work pays for it.

Could always use the current connection for downloading overnight :P

I was looking at getting 40GB usage for ?40 a month, 30 day rolling contract. not fussed about cost as my work pays for it.

Could always use the current connection for downloading overnight :P

Just browsing JKB etc and reading the news on BBC uses about 20 or 30Mb for an hour so with 40Gb you could be online all day every day.

Heres Rixxy
Just browsing JKB etc and reading the news on BBC uses about 20 or 30Mb for an hour so with 40Gb you could be online all day every day.

Excellent, cheers. Not that I spend all day everyday browsing the net :sorcerer:

Archived